Jump to content
Stuart

Summer Transfer Window

Recommended Posts

I’ll tell you now, none will sign, that’s why I don’t see them as credible, read this stuff on here every summer for years.


* Feel free fo dredge this post up if they do, the squad needs to be a bit more cosmopolitan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Good move for him. 

 

I would be offering Rothwell a new long term contract. 

If Nyambe wont sign a new contract then I would be looking to sell him..cant let him leave for nothing in 12 months time. Crazy situation. 

 

I would rather lose him for nothing than have Bennett play there all season! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I believe the budget thing is a red herring as I think if there is a budget it will be small. Transfer funds will come from outgoing players. I was told that there is a £10m his on the table now for one of our players which I think will be used to fund new signings.

Has to AA right? Dont think Travis could command that sort of fee (just yet) and we know that goalscorers with pace come at a premium. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Has to AA right? Dont think Travis could command that sort of fee (just yet) and we know that goalscorers with pace come at a premium. 

BB, the model works! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I believe the budget thing is a red herring as I think if there is a budget it will be small. Transfer funds will come from outgoing players. I was told that there is a £10m his on the table now for one of our players which I think will be used to fund new signings.

Dack, Lenihan, AA & Travis must be the only 4 capable of fetching that type of fee.

I think Dack will be sold before the window closes in October. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Dack, Lenihan, AA & Travis must be the only 4 capable of fetching that type of fee.

I think Dack will be sold before the window closes in October. 

I dont think they all would in the current climate, arguably in the previous climate either. Dack pre-injury certainly but even shelling out 10 million on him now comes with a huge risk. Lenihan is certainly not worth 10 million and I think Travis needs another good season like this one to get close to that value. Can only be AA in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, JacknOry said:

I dont think they all would in the current climate, arguably in the previous climate either. Dack pre-injury certainly but even shelling out 10 million on him now comes with a huge risk. Lenihan is certainly not worth 10 million and I think Travis needs another good season like this one to get close to that value. Can only be AA in my opinion.

Unless someone is hoping to get Dack on the cheap due to his injury

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Unless someone is hoping to get Dack on the cheap due to his injury

A gamble for sure.

I do feel that we will sell one of the other of AA or BD. I think BD was to be off to WBA until his injury anyway. 

You either play to BD strengths and build the team round him or do it with AA, not sure both of them works. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, JacknOry said:

I dont think they all would in the current climate, arguably in the previous climate either. Dack pre-injury certainly but even shelling out 10 million on him now comes with a huge risk. Lenihan is certainly not worth 10 million and I think Travis needs another good season like this one to get close to that value. Can only be AA in my opinion.

It depends who is in for them. If it's all Prem clubs then they would be all worth £10m IMO. The cutbacks won't affect Prem teams as much as other divisions and £10m is still chicken feed to them.

Edited by Hoochie Bloochie Mama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

It depends who is in for them. If it's all Prem clubs then they would be all worth £10m IMO. The cutbacks won't affect Prem teams as much as other divisions and £10m is still chicken feed to them.

I agree with you about Prem teams if they have been run well but for a club the size of Burnley, even though they are run well, then player's wages will be eating up potentially there income and any down turn in  gates receipts and sponsorship will hit hard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

I agree with you about Prem teams if they have been run well but for a club the size of Burnley, even though they are run well, then player's wages will be eating up potentially there income and any down turn in  gates receipts and sponsorship will hit hard

I think it's £150m in TV money from Sky and a wage bill of £90m-£100m. I'd imagine Dyche will be demanding some decent funds from the Chairman. Let's hope he's refused and he leaves!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I think it's £150m in TV money from Sky and a wage bill of £90m-£100m. I'd imagine Dyche will be demanding some decent funds from the Chairman. Let's hope he's refused and he leaves!

Its the clubs, like Rovers in the past, with a wage bill of over 95% income where gate receipts will bite. Other clubs, like Rovers now, depend on Advanced Season Ticket sales to spend in the summer.

Burney were rumoured in the press earlier this year were to be close to administration so it will be hurting the smaller premiership clubs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Its the clubs, like Rovers in the past, with a wage bill of over 95% income where gate receipts will bite. Other clubs, like Rovers now, depend on Advanced Season Ticket sales to spend in the summer.

Burney were rumoured in the press earlier this year were to be close to administration so it will be hurting the smaller premiership clubs 

Burnley have reported a profit for the last 3 seasons. That's why I'd imagine Dyche has been moaning about lack of transfer funds. Have you got a link to the admin? I don't remember Burnley being anywhere near administration.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Don't worry, he won't join Burnley. His girlfriend doesn't want to live up north.

Permanent and loan moves are different when considering relocating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I believe the budget thing is a red herring as I think if there is a budget it will be small. Transfer funds will come from outgoing players. I was told that there is a £10m his on the table now for one of our players which I think will be used to fund new signings.

Were you told which player? 

Wouldn't surprise me if a West ham or similar took a gamble on Armstrong at that price. I have seen worse players move to the PL for bigger fees. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sponsor
1 hour ago, arbitro said:

I believe the budget thing is a red herring as I think if there is a budget it will be small. Transfer funds will come from outgoing players. I was told that there is a £10m his on the table now for one of our players which I think will be used to fund new signings.

I think its Dack. Only a year left on contract and club option for extra year. 

Armstrong has 2 years left on his contract. 

Travis has 3 years left on his contract. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has to be Trav or AA for me. Young, English and playing very well in the Championship. £10m is still a pittance in the PL. Pandemic or not, gate Reciepts aren’t as important to them and they have to spend anyway to remain competitive.

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

I’ll tell you now, none will sign, that’s why I don’t see them as credible, read this stuff on here every summer for years.


* Feel free fo dredge this post up if they do, the squad needs to be a bit more cosmopolitan.

Fair enough. Whether we actually sign them or not is not what makes them credible. Clubs speak to lots of players they’re interested in.
 

The fact that we had a meeting with Ben Whiteman who would command a £1m fee tells me that the budget has been set. Negotiating a new contract with Downing having previously held off because we didn’t have a budget, also tells me that they have a budget.

So I go back to my original point. They have a budget. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I think its Dack. Only a year left on contract and club option for extra year. 

Armstrong has 2 years left on his contract. 

Travis has 3 years left on his contract. 

But do you think anyone would spend that money on him having been injured for so long?

I suppose if they want him badly enough. At £10m he’s potentially worth the gamble...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Ok, I’ll rephrase, they aren’t credible, as in my opinion, they haven’t been spoken to, the manager has no interest in them and they won’t sign. If people think they are credible because the likes of Mercer ‘we will be in admin soon’ Man post random foreign players (that have no track record of success with these names) then fair enough, it passes the time until the new season, I suppose.

It’s called silly season for a reason.

Edited by Mattyblue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mattyblue said:

Ok, I’ll rephrase, they aren’t credible, as in my opinion, they haven’t been spoken to, the manager has no interest in them and they won’t sign, 

It’s called silly season for a reason.

👍🏼

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

But do you think anyone would spend that money on him having been injured for so long?

I suppose if they want him badly enough. At £10m he’s potentially worth the gamble...

WBA were interested in. Maybe they still want him. 

Maybe Bournemouth have put the bid in for him. 

Like you say it could be Travis. West Ham or Palace could been interest in him. If West Ham was interest in him I would be asking for Cullen in part exchange plus a fee. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Has to be Trav or AA for me. Young, English and playing very well in the Championship. £10m is still a pittance in the PL. Pandemic or not, gate Reciepts aren’t as important to them and they have to spend anyway to remain competitive.

Fair enough. Whether we actually sign them or not is not what makes them credible. Clubs speak to lots of players they’re interested in.
 

The fact that we had a meeting with Ben Whiteman who would command a £1m fee tells me that the budget has been set. Negotiating a new contract with Downing having previously held off because we didn’t have a budget, also tells me that they have a budget.

So I go back to my original point. They have a budget. 

Meeting with players is not an indication or confirmation that there is a budget. Free agent wages are paid out of current wages.

In previous transfer windows, Mowbray has said  'we don't need to sell'. This year , it's 'he doesn't want to sell. After the new club financial year, Venkys have in the past said they'll continue to pay the wages. They've not said that this year.

The £10m bid is probably from Sheff Utd for Lenihan. They've bid that last two summers. if they'd made it £10m plus O'Connell, I'd be tempted.

We'd not get Whiteman for £1m. Doncaster rejected a 7 figure bid for him last summer. Perhaps you'd know why he was unimpressed with Mowbray, assuming the meeting actually took place?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Come on guys you don’t need to hang on the managers every word to know that he has a budget now. Rich Sharpe reported that we were ‘still negotiating’ with Downing last week, then we had the meeting with Whiteman confirmed in here by a friend of the family. Credible links for Harthez and Ripley and now Michel a French keeper. They can’t make any of those Meetings without a budget and importantly are not compelled in anyway to tell anyone what it is. What the information also suggests is that we might have a couple of million in cash to spend as all of the links bar Hartherz would have fees attached.

Either way I think we can drop the have we, haven’t we got a budget thread for now. 

 

Why is there this counterargument now that we are under no obligation to reveal our budget?! Who is asking for that? Saying "we havent had clarity on our budget" would not be necessary or relevant had we got a budget agreed, or even almost agreed, and wouldnt have been said.

I think you are just believing every single rumour and bit of gossip that you read which is up to you but ultimately not proof that a budget has been agreed even if we have interest in each of these supposed players, which we wont. And then using these bits of gossip to speculate about our supposed transfer kitty.

"Hanging on to the managers every word." He said numerous times including a week ago that he lacked clarity from Venkys and sounded frustrated. Made numerous references to them having other business interests which certainly did not indicate that the budget was sorted bar a few minor technicalities and just needed finalising, he sounded totally in the dark. Venkys past history of disinterest doesnt bide well either and certainly doesnt prompt the sane mind to assume that everything is in place and in hand but just not rubber stamped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

Burnley have reported a profit for the last 3 seasons. That's why I'd imagine Dyche has been moaning about lack of transfer funds. Have you got a link to the admin? I don't remember Burnley being anywhere near administration.  

To be honest, I heard it on Talksport several times during March or April. Administration could have due to cashflow at the time as I don't know their balance books.

All I was saying that smaller clubs in the premiership may not to be in a position to pay transfer fees due to the pandemic which is where I would imagine Dack would end up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I always find the comments criticising reading too much into what the manager says as a bit unusual. He’s touted as being an honourable and honest guy (which I think there is something in tbh), so with that in mind, why should people not believe what he says?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.