BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andy Todd

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you blind as well as thick. Todd takes so much abuse on this board it's unreal.

And recently Emerton everyone favourite player

People have slagged off Emerton in the past and there has been nothing like the response that there is the moment the Glorious Andy Todd is criticised.

You are allowed to voice opinions on this board...right? I'm beginning to wonder.

According to the LET< MH has held talks with Todd yesterday and has told him he wants him to fight for his place. In any event, Rovers have not received any offers for Todd since the week-end.

GOOD

The thought of a season without even the CHANCE of a flash of the lovely Andy's Abs or Pecs isn't palatable. I need time to get used to that thought!!!! (There's another couple of years until I had to worry about it)

;)

There is a good reason why Todd isn;t going. no-one wants him because he simply isn't good enough. Not 1st choice in the Premiership at any rate. His agent may have friends in the media to big him up but clearly it hasn't worked. Keep him as backup to the better players, he's a good squad player and nothing more.

According to the LET< MH has held talks with Todd yesterday and has told him he wants him to fight for his place.

Oh dear. That sounds like bad news.

Fair play to Andy. I for one hope that he stays and fights for his place. Obviously Ooijer and Nelsen will be the prefered central pairing, but IMO he's a valuable member of the squad and we need defensive cover with the amount of games we will have this year and I for one don't think that he is nearly as bad as other people think.

Absolutely Alan. I think Todd has been receiving unfair amounts of criticism on here lately. I still think he's a good prem defender when on form. I'm sure he's more motivated now that he's had this talk with MH and it can only be good for the team. While Ooijer gets accustomed to the prem and Nelsen returns to fitness we should appreciate the fact that we have such quality to fall back on in Zurab and Todd.

He is still an alright centre half, but i think zurab is first choice back-up to nelson and ooijer. So fairplay if todd doesn't want to play fourth choice at this stage of his career.

i would agree with perth_rover, zurab has been immense when he has come into the side, a well consistant player and would be in my side before todd.

I think that signing Zurab was a real bonus from last season. He looks like he'll really be a good defender in the future, and he's pretty good now!

On another note in the rovers blog on the Lanacshire Evening Telegraph site, this quote from John Myles caught my attention and made me chuckle:

"It seems Andy Todd probably wanted to go but stays to fight for his place (please don't take that too literally Andy)."

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Has Toddy gone out on loan to Burnley??

NOTW are talking about him in relation to the arry redknapp bung claims. Supposedly Toddys agent asked what Redknapp thought of Todd and redknapp replied

"I like Toddy, He's a hard B*****d, I'd have him in my team"

It then goes on to say that Todd is now on loan at Burnley.... did I miss that whilst i was in Salzburg.

Has Toddy gone out on loan to Burnley??

NOTW are talking about him in relation to the arry redknapp bung claims. Supposedly Toddys agent asked what Redknapp thought of Todd and redknapp replied

"I like Toddy, He's a hard B*****d, I'd have him in my team"

It then goes on to say that Todd is now on loan at Burnley.... did I miss that whilst i was in Salzburg.

:blink: Not that I know of. Think they have got this one wrong

Mokoena favoured over Todd as the defensive option on the bench...doesnt bode well for Toddy this!!

I believe the reason for that is that Moko can play in centre midfield and at right back (Although not very convincingly in my opinion) too, which gives Hughes more options.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.