BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tugay - Who Next?

rothen, would love to to see him at the rovers but i think we are clutching at straws a little.

389228[/snapback]

Rothen is

A: Nowhere nere a central midfield player, probably the mot traditional winger left in the game.

B: At PSG, the club he has supported since childhood. He could have gone to any club he wished after Monacos run in the Champions League, but opted for his french favourites.

A+B equals Forget it and sharpen up!

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

J OB would be a decent shout ,  unfortunate he's entirely too brittle for the Premiership.  Now,  Eddie Johnson....  that would be a nice pull !

389757[/snapback]

Eddie Johnson is crap and couldn't get in the team. I'd rather have Dickov and Kuqi running around the pitch and firing shots off target than wasteful Eddie on the training table all season.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Looking through the topics guys, I found this one. Yesterday reminded me how much we miss Tugs when he's out. I know he's signed a new deal, which is great, but it got me thinking what players were about who are similar to him for when we finally do have to replace him? I can think of Carrick and Rosicky who do similar jobs, but who we could probably not get. Any others?

Looking through the topics guys, I found this one. Yesterday reminded me how much we miss Tugs when he's out. I know he's signed a new deal, which is great, but it got me thinking what players were about who are similar to him for when we finally do have to replace him? I can think of Carrick and Rosicky who do similar jobs, but who we could probably not get. Any others?

403516[/snapback]

Mendez (sp?) of Pompey ? Looks like Amoruso and plays like Tugay. Very good passer and cannonball shot from distance; accurate too. Cant see Pompey parting with him though, now that they are safe.

Edited by Fife Rover

Mendes may be up for grabs if Harry Redknapp moves on in the summer as he hasn't confirmed he wants to stay with Pompey.

Although i think that if Pompey can keep that D'Allesandro and Mendes and Redknapp, they could be the suprise package of next season like we were this season and as such Mendes wouldn't want to leave.

IMO Petrov is still the one to replace Tugay and will be availible for purchase from Celtic as soon as the transfer window opens.

Edited by ihatethedingles

He hasn't set the world alight in his first season in the premiership, but Emre is a superb creative player who can control a game. However, he has had long periods out with injury and, let's face it, has been playing under Souness!

It might take alarge fee to take him to Blackburn, but if we make Europe, that's better than he's going to get with Newcastle.

Emre?? I haven't seen enough of him playing at his best to really pass comment on him but his transfer fee would be huge and we cannot afford to blow our transfer kitty on a player like him who from what little i have seen of him this season can blow hot and cold.

petrov- as ive said before, rovers are more than keen, but depends on who else comes in for him.

i've always admired emre, although he looks a couple of stone overweight, his wages are staggeringly high tho (newcastle had to pay 3 M to buy out his inter contract!).

that said- id be suprised if he remains at newc for much longer(now that souey has gone) and tugay could swing it.... doubtful tho.

There's that guy I spotted last week , called Riquelme , he seemed half decent, maybe he'd be interested in coming on a weeks trial - give him a game or two in the reserves ?

403661[/snapback]

People seem to think he only performs at home-and don't let him take penalties.Probably about as popular as Pedersen.

petrov- as ive said before, rovers are more than keen, but depends on who else comes in for him.

rover.gif petrov would be fantastic,a brilliant player plus a gentleman who ploughs thosands off pounds from his obscene wages back into his homelands orphans tinykit.gif

If anyone thinks we are going to get another player with the style and obvious brilliance of tugay, for the same amount as we got him they must be joking.

We were lucky to get tugay from the money we did and that was because he was fairly old.

I cannot think of any players that would do tugays job and would be around the money we would be wanting to spend.

Stillian Petrov is probably a little to attacking

Jremaine Pennant is a wide player

Dunny is overweight and never off the treatment table

gravesen will be a man utd player next year

There is no one i can think of who is anywhere near a tugay, only perhaps steed malbranque who i think will cost a lot of money.

• 3 months later...

Watched Tugay play for the reserves tonight against Manchester United.

The team played very well against last year's reserve team Champions who included Alan Smith in their team.

Rovers lost 1-0 but were much the better side. Man Utd's goal came in the 14th minute via a dubious penalty decision (no change there then eh?). Frank Fielding saved the penalty but the Manchester United striker bundled in the rebound.

Tony Kane and Keith Treacy both came close in the first half for Rovers and Andy Taylor had a rasping drive a minute into the second half. Francis Jeffers had a header well saved by Tomasz Kuszcak before being sent off for absolutely nothing at all. Handbags at ten paces would be glorifying it.

Frank Fielding then made a terrific save low to his left, but the contest was effectively over after Jeffers' red card.

Tugay the main man, was his typical self, cocky, arrogant and brilliant. Yet still sloppy on occassions but this is probably due to lack of match fitness.

Overall a good watch and a good performance by a young inexperienced Rovers side.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.