• Martin O'Neill
    • Alan Curbishley
    • Kevin Keegan
    • Luiz Felipe 'Big Phil' Scolari
    • Fabio Capello
    • Lee Grooby
    • Someone else

This poll is closed to new votes

David Gold thinks it's a betrayal of the English football fraternity. What an imbecile.

England need a good manager now, never mind sending out 'messages' to British managers - and if it was possible, I'd have Scolari in tomorrow.

Sorry but do these anti-Scolari people want Alan Curbishley in charge? The guy deserves respect for what he's achieved but his cup record is poor.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David Gold thinks it's a betrayal of the English football fraternity. What an imbecile.

402736[/snapback]

I think he is just annoyed that England didn't employ Bruce as if he sacks him the payoff is pretty high.

Very happy if big phil accepts the job and all credit to the FA for ignoring all the pressure and going for the best man by far.

WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! I REALLY WISH I COULD STOP SUPPORTING ENGLAND. NOT ONLY DO WE HAVE TO HOPE THAT THAT SMUG SMARMY SWEDISH SOD LIFTS THE WORLD CUP, NOW WE'RE GOING TO GET A MERCENARY TO WALK OUT ON HIS SECOND COUNTRY TO COME AND PICK THE SAME 11 FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS! HE'S BEEN COACHING RONALDINHO AND DECO, NOW WE WANT HIM TO PICK BETWEEN DARREN BENT AND DEAN ASHTON!! BLOODY JOKE!

IS IT ME OR SHOULD SCOLARI'S NEXT JOB HAVE BEEN AT CAMEROON OR SOUTH KOREA?? IT CERTAINLY SHOULDN'T BE AS THE MANAGER OF THE FOUNDING NATION WITH ONE OF THE BEST DOMESTIC LEAGUES IN THE WORLD!!

I REALLY DO DISPAIR FOR FOOTBALL IN ENGLAND, THE DAVID DEANS OF THIS WORLD ARE RUINING OUR GAME! mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Edited by ultrablue

WHAT A DISAPPOINTMENT! I REALLY WISH I COULD STOP SUPPORTING ENGLAND. NOT ONLY DO WE HAVE TO HOPE THAT THAT SMUG SMARMY SWEDISH SOD LIFTS THE WORLD CUP, NOW WE'RE GOING TO GET A MERCENARY TO WALK OUT ON HIS SECOND COUNTRY TO COME AND PICK THE SAME 11 FOR THE NEXT FOUR YEARS! HE'S BEEN COACHING RONALDINHO AND DECO, NOW WE WANT HIM TO PICK BETWEEN DARREN BENT AND DEAN ASHTON!! BLOODY JOKE!

IS IT ME OR SHOULD SCOLARI'S NEXT JOB HAVE BEEN AT CAMEROON OR SOUTH KOREA?? IT CERTAINLY SHOULDN'T BE AS THE MANAGER OF THE FOUNDING NATION WITH ONE OF THE BEST DOMESTIC LEAGUES IN THE WORLD!!

I REALLY DO DISPAIR FOR FOOTBALL IN ENGLAND, THE DAVID DEANS OF THIS WORLD ARE RUINING OUR GAME!  mad.gif  mad.gif  mad.gif

402770[/snapback]

Well he did get to two international finals, and has won a world cup. Why should he manage Cameroon or South Korea?

And tha more accurate comparison to Ronaldinho and Deco would be Rooney, our best player. Bent and Ashton are squad players, like, say, Mendes or Ricardinho.

I'm a bit more worried tht he is not going to know about our fringe players, and cannot, at the moment, speak English. But then he could be a breath of fresh air. GIve the man a chance!

What's the problem with having a foreign coach? Even establishment sports like cricket and tennis have been doing it for years. Tony Greig England captain 30 years ago and I don't remember anyone rubbishing the Ashes win just because the coach and leading batsmen are foreign. Get real and stop taking any notice of the BNP-supporting gutter press.

big phil - won world cup with brazil. hrmmm - with easily the best players available in thw world.

big phil - final of euro 2004 with portugal. - with the best set of players portugal had for decades AND they were home nation.

at the end of the day, the manager has to be able to look at a game and change the tactics. I think big sam is more than capable and has proved his tactical nous by beating all the top teams repeatedly with little old bolton.

he's a forward thinking manager who wont be biased towards any of the players from the top clubs because he doesn't manage any of them.

big sam gets my vote!

big phil - won world cup with brazil. hrmmm - with easily the best players available in thw world.

big phil - final of euro 2004 with portugal.  - with the best set of players portugal had for decades AND they were home nation.

at the end of the day, the manager has to be able to look at a game and change the tactics. I think big sam is more than capable and has proved his tactical nous by beating all the top teams repeatedly with little old bolton.

he's a forward thinking manager who wont be biased towards any of the players from the top clubs because he doesn't manage any of them.

big sam gets my vote!

402808[/snapback]

Firstly Big Phil won the World Cup with many pundits said was the weakest Brazilian team ever, and the portugal team of Euro was not the best team they have had in ages. The Golden Generation of Rui Costa, Figo, Baia, Costa, Sousa and Sa Pinto were rated as a much better team.

If Scolari takes the job England will win the next European Championship. If Big Sam takes it he will waste the amount of attacking talent you have available.

Another reason i think it is best that we go for a foreign coach is that they are not as close to the english players as the english coaches and therefore they wouldnt worry about dropping the likes of Beckham if he was playing poor.

I have said all along that no english manager is good enough for the job. I am suprised however that if we are interested in Scolari, that we havent also spoken to Arsene Wenger

Another reason i think it is best that we go for a foreign coach is that they are not as close to the english players as the english coaches and therefore they wouldnt worry about dropping the likes of Beckham if he was playing poor.

I have said all along that no english manager is good enough for the job. I am suprised however that if we are interested in Scolari, that we havent also spoken to Arsene Wenger

402879[/snapback]

Not really a surprise when you consider that it was David Dein who was championing Big Phils cause to the FA... dry.gif

402879[/snapback]

I doubt if Wenger would be interested. But assuming he did get the job, we would be treated to seeing England playing expansive flowing football, but with a strange tendency for the players to fall over if the wind blew on them. wink.gif

Very true, but he isnt the only one on that board is he!

Id like to see one of the foreign managers like Scolari appointed with someone like Pearce or Shearer as his assistant.

402882[/snapback]

I would be amazed if we hadn't offered the job to Wenger. I rather imagine he just turned it down.

Who was the last English manager to win the top division title? Just checked: Howard f-ing Wilkinson with Leeds, all the way back in 1992...

(as a side point, and demonstration of how volatile football was in the days before modern CL, Leeds finished SEVENTEENTH the year after they won the league. Cantona left in the summer...)

"If somone talks about my private life I'll give them a good punching. I'm not interested in suing. I like to sort things out my way." Big Phil once said according to the Daily Express. Seems the perfect choice for the job then. laugh.gif

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.