SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Feyenoord 0 Rovers 0

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange it was 3.60 euro the other week. :P

Anyway if t/o queues, they have machines you can use for speed dotted about the place( they accept most cards) as cash was exact change only.

As already mentioned trains are regular from the Airport to 'The Dam' and from there to Rotterdam.

Where about's is this - seem to vaguely recall it for some reason

Come out of the main station, walk straight across the main road dawn Damrak towards the center.

On the left had side is a large water area it is at the end of that on the left hand side.

i would think rovers will sell out out our allocation-

i know 16 lads who pick and choose odd rovers games (a couple of them maybe go 2 home games a year, of that!) who are all booked on this one- none of them would even think about going salzburg or krakow.

They are all after tickets aswell- there is a large amount of interest in the feyenoord away game more than any other purely because

a- its cheapish to get too and plenty of options

b- its near amsterdam!

:brfc::rover:

The reason for the interest is that they are a former European Cup winner & we're playing them in a match that counts. It's a sexy tie. Cost and location add spice, but they are not the litigating factor.

The reason for the interest is that they are a former European Cup winner & we're playing them in a match that counts. It's a sexy tie. Cost and location add spice, but they are not the litigating factor.

sorry, i forgot you know the 16 lads i was talking about :o

This has been posted on roversmad message board- dont mean to alarm people but it is from a fan who went a couple of years ago and his advice may be welcomed?

"Guys

As a hearts fan I was a bit amused to see you got Basle & feyenoord (just like we did 2 years ago in the group stages).

If you're going to Basle you'll have a great time. Nice place , everyone is well chilled. Nothing like a game in England.

As for Feyenoord. I've been to games all over England & Europe but I've never seen anything like this scum.

We had a pub load of fans attacked (Rotterdam police are a joke) and various others stabbed & slashed - including young kids. Big Ben Pub will be a target again I think.

Rotterdam is not a place for the faint hearted - we stayed in the Holiday Inn and after the game the hotel locked the doors and we had a van load of riot police parked up for the most of the night.

If you're going there , go in large groups. It's not a safe place.

PS The trains out of the stadium are a disgrace : one to Rotterdam and one to Amsterdam (make yer choice , but get it right).

I suggest you stay in Amsredam and get the train in on the day. I wish I had.

Hope you shove it right up Feyenoord."

Nobody should be put off going by these idiots as following rovers away in europe is a fantastic experience :brfc:

if you go to cause trouble you will get it, the feyenoord hooligans are a bunch of mugs and the guy is correct about the cops, not a clue all of them.

if you go for a laugh and to support rovers, take in the sites etc. you will be sound, no trouble. :rover:

if you go to cause trouble you will get it, the feyenoord hooligans are a bunch of mugs and the guy is correct about the cops, not a clue all of them.

if you go for a laugh and to support rovers, take in the sites etc. you will be sound, no trouble. :rover:

Familiar to most away games in Europe

Use your head be on your guard and don't wander off on your own.

Just one point of mention - England play Holland a week before in Amsterdam - hoepfully without any problems.

Judging by the amount of non attendees at Rovers over the past couple of seasons that i know of, this game, Feyenoord away has got them all talking about going - to me this will have a similar interest that the Celtic away game had a few seasons ago.

Who's on the 15:20 bmibaby flight from Birmingham to Amsterdam?

Me and at least 1 of my mates, probably a couple more.

Arrives in Dam at 17:35.

Anybody got any ideas about where to assemble the night before and after the game?

sorry, i forgot you know the 16 lads i was talking about :o

I was actually referring to Rovers supporters as a whole in reference to your comment about selling out the allotment. But since you wanted to be a smart-ass; go ask your 16 buddies what's the single most reason they want to go to this match. Oh gee; I wonder if the answers will be something like: It's a chance to go see Rovers play a sanctioned, counting match against a famous European Cup winning side, from outside our own FA, at their ground.

Edited by doctorryan

I was actually referring to Rovers supporters as a whole in reference to your comment about selling out the allotment. But since you wanted to be a smart-ass; go ask your 16 buddies what's the single most reason they want to go to this match. Oh gee; I wonder if the answers will be something like: It's a chance to go see Rovers play a sanctioned, counting match against a famous European Cup winning side, from outside our own FA, at their ground.

wasn't being a smart ass my friend, your reply read to me that the 2 reasons i gave for these lads (who dont follow rovers often) attending was not correct- and that they in fact were going primarily because we were playing a great european name in an meaningful game.

That simply isn't true- the point i clearly was making is that there are a lot of people who are going to this one for few days on the lash in a beautiful city which is cheap to get too.

These are people i would love to have at ewood each week but they dont have the interest- but they do for this trip. So the answer to your end question is- No, their answers are nothing like that.

Edited by SD4E

Me and a mate of mine are flying out on the 22nd from Bristol in the afternoon to Amsterdam, staying the night in the 'Dam then getting the train on the day of the match to Rotterdam, watching the game then coming back for a night out in Amsterdam before catching a very early 9:25am flight back to Bristol. Anyone else doing it that way or from Bristol. Were only flying from Bristol because it were the cheapest flights we could find with Easyjet yesterday :(

A lot of people are getting the train from 'Dam to Rotterdam on the Thursday, it would be good to get the same train so that everyone can find the same places to have a pint during the day.

Perhaps nearer the time we come to a basic plan.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Waiting till monday to see if I can get the time off work (have been off sick for 4 weeks with torn knee ligaments), so feel a bit cheeky!!!

If I am good to go those flights would be the ones I will go on so watch this space...

Edited by Robertson

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.