BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] It's Gally Time

ABBEY

I'd be extremely reluctant to let Gally go simply because he's a Blackburn lad with an obvious passion for the club. He doesn't look good enough thats clear for us all to see, but locally born players are hard to come by and Hughes should keep him around for as long as possible In my opinion.

I never thought Beattie would make a player either and we let him go, I'd love to see him back and we should learn from that mistake alone because he can do it on his day. But Hughes is working to a tight budget and he'll make decisions based on that so I guess its a case of watch this space.

As for Nonda he's certainly another Grabbi in the making. I always thought Grabbi would come good :( , Nonda shows the same attributes and simply isn't good enough I'm afraid. When he gets the ball you think "right here we go" but almost every time it turns into nothing, exactly what Grabbi was like, get rid Hughes.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The goal against Fulham was an exceptional piece of skill. He made the keeper look daft because he took the chance so early when it didn't look possible to get any sort of effort in. Thereby throwing the keeper totally.

The keeper made himself look daft...it was awful goalkeeping. Completely losing the flight of the ball and ending up way out from the centre of the net before the ball had dropped was not down to Nonda. While he did well enough to reach it and steer it on target the keeper messed up, simple as. Watch it again and see what on earth the keeper is trying to do.

In fact...here you go - Nonda goal

If Brad had acted like that you would have been critical of him and rightly so.

There have been too many woeful performances to convince me that we should be looking to keep Nonda in the team for the second half of the season. The partnership with Benni has been disappointing and while neither have really excelled at least the South African does regularly score and shows glimpses of what he could do if he got into his stride.

Nonda was supposedly a speedy striker with lethal finishing before his injury troubles. It may be that he won't be the same striker again. Personally I think we need a different kind of striker to play with either Benni or Nonda as they just don't work well together.

Edited by FourLaneBlue

Nonda was supposedly a speedy striker with lethal finishing before his injury troubles. It may be that he won't be the same striker again. Personally I think we need a different kind of striker to play with either Benni or Nonda as they just don't work well together.

I agree with all that, I just don't think Nonda is as bad as is being portrayed. He could work a lot harder (so could McCarthy) but imo is certainly nowhere near being in the Grabbi category and imo is a marginal improvement on the likes of workhorses with no talent such as Kuqi and Dickov.

That said, ideally would I like someone better brought in? - yes.

To me our needs this window are becoming quite clear:

One quality striker (possibly on loan)

Assuming Dunn signs one other central midfielder as well - again possibly on loan.

Assuming Neill leaves a full back - possibly the guy who's been on trial.

Did Okkas never arrive at Ewood for a trial? :huh:

One of the people who sits behind me at home matches and who goes to all the away games says that Gally was woeful at Charlton when he came on for the second half, and was responsible for their goal by jumping out of the way of the free kick. Apparently MH gave him a right rollicking. I was therefore surprised to see him start the next home game but he has not featured since and MH really doesn't seem to rate him. He only has a future away from us.

I think Gally is a far better player than Derbyshire at the moment. Gally obviously has some skill there some of the passes and finishing he has displayed in the past have been awesome. Whereas Derbyshire is more of workman like player, reminds me a lot of Dickov with his recent performances.

Personally I think we should trying to push both into the first-team.

I'd be extremely reluctant to let Gally go simply because he's a Blackburn lad with an obvious passion for the club. He doesn't look good enough thats clear for us all to see, but locally born players are hard to come by and Hughes should keep him around for as long as possible In my opinion.

So, your suggestion is to keep paying a player who is, in your own words, clearly not good enough to play for the club, and do so for some arbitrary non-footballing reason? Then we should have kept Amoruso on the payroll a few more years because he had lovely hair? Or Matteo because he was a lot better than now, once upon a time? Or how about bringing Simon Garner back, after all he's the club's top scorer! Makes about as much sense. And no, him being a local lad won't bring any extra bums to Ewood if he's not playing.

If we, as a club, want to improve, we should have a squad where all players are good enough to play (Admittedly some will be better than others), and any backups in cases of severe injury/suspension crisis should be from the youth team.

i'll never forget when we played chelsea at ewood when gallagher equalised to make it 2-2 and was kissing the kappa badge in front of the bbe!!

bloody glen johnson scored in the dying seconds to win it 3-2, was gutted.

gallagher has had so many chances and maybe it's time for him to take a new career path, i dont think we know what his best position is and he's failed to hold down a first team place when given the oppertunity by souness and hughes.

these days on most occassions he's even failing to make the first 16, i think if a decent offer comes in for him in january then it could be bye byes!!

I'd be extremely reluctant to let Gally go simply because he's a Blackburn lad with an obvious passion for the club.

'obvious'! eh? Wot are you on Gav. I have not seen an ounce of passion for the club out of him all season. He's come on frequently when we are defending a slim lead and has simply hidden away. 92 er says he was woeful at Charlton well at Anfield when we were hanging on for a point and it was all hands to the pumps he was like a frightened rabbit and avoided the action as much as he could.

This 'Blackburn lad' malarky is plain bloody stupidity on your part Gav. I think you are guilty of self dellusion. Passionate recent players? Hendry, Shearer, Dickov, Speedie, Freidal, Garner spring to mind. Even the lesser lights of Le Saux, Flitcroft, Flowers, Hughes, Sherwood, Reid exhibit or exhibited real passion on the pitch, and guess what? Not a Blackburnian amongst them!

Recent Blackburnians Beatty, Dunn and Gallagher cannot hold a bloody candle in terms of passion to those lads.

Absolutely obvious that a passionate attitude is not governed by 'where' you are born and raised but rather 'how'.

Anyway the best judge of Gallagher will be who comews in for him should he be sold! Football managers are not stupid and if he leaves BRFC I will predict with confidence that it will not be to a Premiership club. He's not enough talent for one thing and the only clubs likely to look at him will be the borassic likes of struggling Sheff Utd / Watford and their managers know that if the ability is lacking a player with genuine spirit and never say die attitude is required...... and Gally has neither.

Tell you what lets examine his 'talents', I'll put my 'Gally' asessment out of 10 of the basic talents required to be a top player..... and I'll try to be fair.

1. First touch / Control..... 6

2. Pace...... 3

3. Tackling ability...... 2

4. Heading ability...... 3

5. Dribbling skills...... 6

6. Stamina .............. 4

7. Crossing ability ..... 6

8. Attitude ............... 2

9. Vision .................. 7

It aint enough by far. Does anybody else see anything more than that?

Edited by thenodrog

Just where is Jeffers? Am I alone in a suspicion that his absence is not totally injury related as was weakly reported a few matches ago? It's a sure sign something is amiss when even the LT goes quiet and never mentions his injury or a return date etc.

According to the text i just got with the update for the Boro game, Brad is ok despite the dead leg, and "Jeffers remains on the sidelines with torn groin."

So that clears that one up i suppose!

'obvious'! eh? Wot are you on Gav. I have not seen an ounce of passion for the club out of him all season. He's come on frequently when we are defending a slim lead and has simply hidden away. 92 er says he was woeful at Charlton well at Anfield when we were hanging on for a point and it was all hands to the pumps he was like a frightened rabbit and avoided the action as much as he could.

This 'Blackburn lad' malarky is plain bloody stupidity on your part Gav. I think you are guilty of self dellusion. Passionate recent players? Hendry, Shearer, Dickov, Speedie, Freidal, Garner spring to mind. Even the lesser lights of Le Saux, Flitcroft, Flowers, Hughes, Sherwood, Reid exhibit or exhibited real passion on the pitch, and guess what? Not a Blackburnian amongst them!

Recent Blackburnians Beatty, Dunn and Gallagher cannot hold a bloody candle in terms of passion to those lads.

Absolutely obvious that a passionate attitude is not governed by 'where' you are born and raised but rather 'how'.

Anyway the best judge of Gallagher will be who comews in for him should he be sold! Football managers are not stupid and if he leaves BRFC I will predict with confidence that it will not be to a Premiership club. He's not enough talent for one thing and the only clubs likely to look at him will be the borassic likes of struggling Sheff Utd / Watford and their managers know that if the ability is lacking a player with genuine spirit and never say die attitude is required...... and Gally has neither.

Tell you what lets examine his 'talents', I'll put my 'Gally' asessment out of 10 of the basic talents required to be a top player..... and I'll try to be fair.

2. Pace...... 3

Tell you what Theno, do the same with the Beckham of 5 years ago - and be fair. :)

2. Pace...... 3

To be fair he is a good passer and finisher (I suppose might come under vision) too which are not attributes you have listed there. But apart from that your about right I suppose. If a championship team do get him then they will have a fine asset in their league, his time at Stoke showed that he could not only cut it there but also be one of the better players. Hey ho.

Also his championship pedigree does suggest we could look for upwards of a million for him and I would be suprised if they aren't at least three or four clubs interested in taking him off us.

I agree with most of what has been said about Gallagher but I also think he's a natural finisher, he senses where the ball is going and is good at getting on the end of goal mouth chances' he's also got a cool head in front of goal. However given the way we ( and most premiership teams ) play these days he's never going to get the chance to play alongside a good target man with two wingers firing in crosses all afternoon, if he'd have played for somebody like Reading last season he would have got loads of goals.

I'm afraid that style of play has gone out of fashion especially when you're struggling and Gallagher looks likea fish out of water playing in any other position at our level. We can't afford both Gally and Jeffers and of the two I just about prefer Jeffers.

Tell you what Theno, do the same with the Beckham of 5 years ago - and be fair. :)

Those are points about Beckham that I made many many times. However here we go

Gally / Beckham

1. First touch / Control..... 6 / 9

2. Pace.......................... 3 / 5

3. Tackling ability............ 2 / 5

4. Heading ability...... ......3 / 3

5. Dribbling skills..............6 / 6

6. Stamina ..................... 4 / 9

7. Crossing ability ............6 / 9

8. Attitude ...................... 2 / 9

9. Vision ......................... 7 / 9

Quite a difference eh Den. And please bear in mind

1. that not all the above talents are equal e.g. Attitude being far more imp than heading for a winger.

and

2. I don't give 10's. :tu:

Edited by thenodrog

Those are points about Beckham that I made many many times. However here we go

Gally / Beckham

1. First touch / Control..... 6 / 9

2. Pace.......................... 3 / 5

3. Tackling ability............ 2 / 5

4. Heading ability...... ......3 / 3

5. Dribbling skills..............6 / 6

6. Stamina ..................... 4 / 9

7. Crossing ability ............6 / 9

8. Attitude ...................... 2 / 9

9. Vision ......................... 7 / 9

Quite a difference eh Den. And please bear in mind

1. that not all the above talents are equal e.g. Attitude being far more imp than heading for a winger.

and

2. I don't give 10's. :tu:

• 2 weeks later...

Only his 3rd start of the Season, and 2 goals scored, the 5 minute sub appearances are useless to a player who spent all of last season at a poor championship side. If we're to see if Gally is good enough he needs to be given more time on the damm pitch. How people can write a player off after only starting 3 games. Remember last year he played on the Left Wing for Stoke all last season, was their leading goal scorer and Assists in a very poor championship side.

Stoke fans talking about Gally:

http://boards.rivals.net/default.asp?sid=9...ytoid=530342205

Edited by AxesFirstTouch

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.