BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Nzonzi off?

The Prof.

He caused no problems when Sam was manager despite not always being selected and will cause none when he plays for another good manager. Unfortunately that won't be with us.

Pleased he stood up to that Knucklehead who is the source of so many of our problems.

Terrific player with enormous potential who will flourish in the top league and at international level for years to come. Like Jones.

"You don't know what you've lost till its gone..........."

I have recollections Sam having issues with Nzonzi - who would be leaving on relegation no matter who was manager. I find it frustrating that Kean is blamed for everything -rather than people looking at each situation objectively. Don't get me wrong Kean is responsible for many problems at the club - just not everything.

• Replies 665
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So to those who are offering spiteful criticism above you can only be Keanites imo

Oh to have a such simplistic outlook on life and just things in general...... It doesn't take Einstein to work out the N'zonzi had massive attitude problems well before this bald @#/? was in charge and anyone pointing it out is hardly stating anything than what is bleeding obvious! Kean is responsible for the vast vast majority of issues at Rovers and the sooner he's gone the better off everyone will be, but it hardly makes anyone 'Keanites" for pointing out that N'Zonzi is a self absorbed ###### who clearly rates his abilities a great deal higher than what his capabilities actually are.

'get rid', 'big head', 'not bigger than the club' and so on.

It is up to the manager to handle the egos of footballers, that plonker is incapable of doing so.

You want to achieve things as a club, you need to have quality players, egos and all.

I think the issue under Sam if I remember correctly was that Nzonzi apparently thought he had made it as a top-flight footballer or something after his great first season and his player of the year award whereas Sam thought he hadn't yet and therefore shouldn't act like it.....obviously I don't know what exactly he was like but I think he was dropped for the first few games of the season.....many, many footballers have ego's and real managers know how to keep them in check, and when to use discipline and when to use something else etc....I would call Kean many things but probably the last thing I would call him is a manager.

But I've heard a few times there is/was a bit of a camp in our team with the french players like Samba, Givet and Nzonzi and i think Nzonzi's attitude on the pitch worsened after the Kean and Givet row.so I think it must have troubled Nzonzi as well.....I'm not excusing his behaviour just that things like the Swansea game wouldn't have happened normally.

I think the issue under Sam if I remember correctly was that Nzonzi apparently thought he had made it as a top-flight footballer or something after his great first season and his player of the year award whereas Sam thought he hadn't yet and therefore shouldn't act like it.....obviously I don't know what exactly he was like but I think he was dropped for the first few games of the season.....many, many footballers have ego's and real managers know how to keep them in check, and when to use discipline and when to use something else etc....I would call Kean many things but probably the last thing I would call him is a manager.

But I've heard a few times there is/was a bit of a camp in our team with the french players like Samba, Givet and Nzonzi and i think Nzonzi's attitude on the pitch worsened after the Kean and Givet row.so I think it must have troubled Nzonzi as well.....I'm not excusing his behaviour just that things like the Swansea game wouldn't have happened normally.

It was clear in the Man U game at Ewood how very frustrated the big French lad had become when he didnt have an outlet to pass to too during that game in the first half.

At one point he just looked ahead, looking around seeing no one in a position to receive the ball, so in complete frustration he just skyed the ball high into the air. Stephen Kean football the football that doesnt play the Celtic way.

I also think that Sam was managing the situation before it developed. I think dropping him at the start of the season after he'd just been named player of the season was he way of knocking N'Zonzi down a peg to keep him on an even keel before he got big headed.

Last season was N'Zonzi's actions were that of a petulant person if understandable. As usual Kean was reacting rather than pre empting something which could have been contained. In the end the only people who suffered were the fans that went to Swansea. N'Zonzi in his own actions showed the same level of respect or lack of as Kean has during his time of manager.

If I had the choice both should be shown the door. If one had to go then it should be Kean but N'Zonzi is more likely. I still have a feeling we may see N'Zonzi still here come the beginning of the season.

So N'Zonzi could be off to Spain for a season with Seville. Kean is the sole reason for him wanting out of the club so interestingly a call back option for January has been included.

I know we've only had a few preseason games but I'd be surprised if Kean has managed enough points in the first few games to keep his job. He's still not addressed our problems in the middle of the park and at the back. We will continue to leak goals for fun until its sorted.

So N'Zonzi could be off to Spain for a season with Seville. Kean is the sole reason for him wanting out of the club so interestingly a call back option for January has been included.

I know we've only had a few preseason games but I'd be surprised if Kean has managed enough points in the first few games to keep his job. He's still not addressed our problems in the middle of the park and at the back. We will continue to leak goals for fun until its sorted.

Zero points will be enough to keep his job so I don't see it making a difference, I guess we have to try and somehow keep hope though!

With nzonzi going our midfield problems have esculated , he has his faults but he is the best midfield player of type we have , I do not count Murphy he couldn;t tackle a fish supper ..Handled correctly he could be a very good player ...

Nzonzi is clearly an absolute knob who has only had one decent campaign when he first joined.

The less said about his contribution last season when we needed players to stand up and be counted the better. In the circumstances I'm not surprised we haven't received a single offer for him.

Surely though, if he is refusing to play for Kean/and/or in the Championship, he is in breach of contract and we can refuse to pay him? Although I'm guessing the thought is it's better to get the t****r out on loan then he's not stinking the training ground out with his attitude every day.

Nzonzi is clearly an absolute knob who has only had one decent campaign when he first joined.

The less said about his contribution last season when we needed players to stand up and be counted the better. In the circumstances I'm not surprised we haven't received a single offer for him.

Surely though, if he is refusing to play for Kean/and/or in the Championship, he is in breach of contract and we can refuse to pay him? Although I'm guessing the thought is it's better to get the t****r out on loan then he's not stinking the training ground out with his attitude every day.

and yet you want to wipe the slate clean for Kean?

BTW - welcome back Simon.

We'll see how good he is when he plays for a real manager.....like when he was our player of the season......I rate him highly.

A theory of mine is he can be prone to making some rash challenges, so a reason he never got stuck in as much as he should was so he didn't get sent off......people can forget young players are nowhere near the finished product and with the added experience of knowing when to slide tackle or stay on your feet etc I think he will go on to become a great defensive mid for a Champions League team.

I'm not a fan really at all of statistics but they say he doesn't pass it backwards that much and he only does that because there is nothing on in front of him.....he was always calm in possession which was vital for us under Kean.....although I doubt we would have gotten anything anyway, he was a massive loss against City away and you could see when he came on that we were crying out for someone as assured in possession as him.

People might say his only good season was his first one but I can't fault players for not having a good season with Kean as manager.....although I thought he mostly played well last season.

Selling your best players only results in relegation Hughesy - as we can all see.

Good managers can handle players, see Bobby Robson at Newcastle. This Kean guy just falls out with them and gets rid.

Archived