BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham Preview

Delighted with Berg. We look fresh, energetic, a totally different outfit. Anyone that went today would have seen our best performance in ages. Results will come definitely. Rochina was brilliant. I'd like to see Vuckevic start on the left ahead of Markus next game and watch us go. I'm very excited! "Henning Bergs blue 'n white army!"

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha at some people on here. Berg out of his depth after three games? Some people need to use a brain..

l spot on.people are forgeting the kean he as inerited its going to take at least a dozen games to sort this lot out,

getting them into his mind set of how we need to be playing,but there are some good signs there already.

onwards and upwards, coyb

True but Simon is an experienced international.

Rochina needs to learn and therefore he needs to play.

Due to Rhodes not really being suited to playing his own up top, I would play Best with Rochina on the bench but he should still play an important part this season.

If we need a goal, we have Rochina and Nuno Gomes to bring on...that's a major advantage.

Oh...failed to mention the fans at Ewood today in my earlier post. You came across absolutely BRILLIANT on the TV! You made the club proud today and even got some praise from the commentator. Good to hear some positive noise from the fans :rover:

today, the tactics were spot on but the players couldn't kill the game off. We were flying after we took that lead. But then, the awesome foursome at the back doing their job.How poor can one defend?And to think colin hendry earns £8000 p/w to make them do that. So, for me, as a manager berg got it spot on but we did not have the players to score from half chances.I agree that Nunes was electric after he came on.But, he shouldn't be starting yet. He leaves olsson completely exposed. I would put vukcevic,who had a fantastic cameo,on the left wing and ckr on the right and play rochina just behind rhodes

Flying for that 3 minutes after we took the lead? Hendry on £8000p/w?? And as for the team selection???!!!

Basically we have wasted a kings ransom on completely average players.Not only do i think we lack organisation and discipline which i think Berg will deal with eventually(but not in time to get us up thsi season) but we haven't got any hard ruthless streak anywhere near us.

pretty little patterns will not get us the points we need in this league-its a relentless battle and we are way, way short.

If results continue to be average and the top few get away what sort of cash will the ckicken farmers come up with?? Or will it be a'' diifficult season where we had to bring in a new manager and we will be ready for next year'' sort of sh1te??

I just hate this

jim I know you're on a wind up and fishing but I thought you said previously you were 100% behind Berg?

All I can say after watching that is that Berg appears to be very much on the right lines, I hope he is not discouraged in any way by the points return and continues to play in the same way with play flowing through Rochina.

The only tweaks I would make to the starting line up are Nunes for Marcus and Simon for Formica who I think iz very willing but doesn't ultimately contribute enough. Very surprised he got the MoM.

Wouldn't say anyone played badly, just the result missing today. Even thought Murphy had a very good game until he tired towards the end. ResultsThat WILL come if we hold our nerve and cconfidence and carry on playing like that.

jim I know you're on a wind up and fishing but I thought you said previously you were 100% behind Berg?

Not on a "wind-up" as you call it. I am behind Berg but 2 points out of 9 is not good enough if we are going to win promotion. At present we are slipping farther and farther behind the top teams.

I'll repeat again - good performances are meaningless unless you win matches.

If we're being brutally honest this is another in a long line of very poor results that will see us stay in this division until next season at the very least. No way this team is getting promoted, nowhere near good enough.

I only watched the second half, but the difference between this team and Kean's is night and day.

I wasn't a fan of the Berg hiring, but I'm willing to give him time.

• Backroom

I think it's best to ignore the bores, I'm sure they were delighted when we were top but had Kean in charge

Anyway disappointing not to win but good signs early days, personally if finances allow I'd much rather go up next season and build a proper team.

The first twenty minutes we were superb and could have been a few up if Rhodes was a bit quicker when played through by Murphy and not for a superb piece of defending. We then let in a comedy goal and it knocked us for six. There's a lot of work to do but the way we are approaching games is a good start.

- Rochina is so frustrating its always a fine line with him between superb and shocking, for the most part today he was terrible. At least he is willing to try something though

- Vukcevic looked a class above his control and composure was Tugay-esque and he made the right choice on the ball every time he had it apart from once where he thought Nunes was continuing his run. In fact he made Rochina look like a skilful Sunday league player in comparison

- Murphy and Etuhu both very good as well, Murphy tired but his passing first half was top class and Etuhu did his job well only playing a Couple of loose passes late on

- Olsson mk2 was frustrating today and Nunes looked the better option when he came on

Overall we looked like we lack a big centre forward still

When all said and done we played a mid table championship team in front of a record low crowd and I enjoyed it!

Once we are finally rid of the stink of Kean we could have a decent team

• Backroom

I only watched the second half, but the difference between this team and Kean's is night and day.

I wasn't a fan of the Berg hiring, but I'm willing to give him time.

Absolutely nothing to do with Berg. The team just isn't good enough and won't get us the points we need in the end. We need to be strengthened in January, and I don't think Venky's will give Berg the money they've supposedly promised.

Fowler and Savage just called Berg an uninspiring choice as manager when we could have had McCarthy or Holloway. They could well be right.

Its the players that arent good enough FFS !

rochina and formica have the final touch of a rapist

Formica should never pull our shirt on ever again.

Not on a "wind-up" as you call it. I am behind Berg but 2 points out of 9 is not good enough if we are going to win promotion. At present we are slipping farther and farther behind the top teams.

I'll repeat again - good performances are meaningless unless you win matches.

Cheer up jim. We are 1 week into the new mans reign. It is massively important for decent performances after the way we have played for close to two year. The wins will come it takes time for goodness sake. We understand the argument about big sam and performances. That was years ago. Get over him. For me I've been to two games this week and saw improvements in every game. We are heading somewhere under berg however I think this year will be too soon for auto.

Absolute nonsense to compare Berg's record to those new managers that have taken charge of other clubs.

The biggest difference these people don't understand is, that Berg has had to take over a side that has been mis-managed for the best part of 2 years under Kean. I'm sorry but it will take more than 7 days (5 if you take away match days) to sort out.

The early signs are promising and we've not played this well in a very long time. It will take time and I'm sure the results will come. Patience is required.

1 week into the Berg reign

1 defeat to a rampant palace after 2 days of being in charge

2 draws where we never really looked like losing could/should have won did'nt gift the opposition 60% posession

Henley rightfully promoted/ Orr rightfully forgotten about

Simon appears and looks quality

Quality substitutions that only bode well for future starting line ups rochina replaced by simon/ marcus replaced by nunes feels like years since sensible substitutions happened here

Wums and moaners need to get a hold of themselves, 1 f@@@@@@ week for the love of god

• Backroom

2 draws where we never really looked like losing could/should have won did'nt gift the opposition 60% posession

Quality substitutions that only bode well for future starting line ups rochina replaced by simon/ marcus replaced by nunes feels like years since sensible substitutions happened here

Wums and moaners need to get a hold of themselves, 1 f@@@@@@ week for the love of god

There's a certain detachment when you stop going to games though I imagine most of the fans that went on today will be more positive

Wums and moaners need to get a hold of themselves,

very good points and I agree.

another day we would have won by 3 or 4. all very good signs that rovers.

Henning Berg's blue and white army!!!

the rovers fans were excellent today.

Berg view of the today's game

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/room-for-improvement-birmingham-479098.aspx

Far too much optimism on here. The writing is on the wall but people do not want to see it.

We are an average mid-table championship team. That is where we will finish this season.

Many had us down for relegation to League 1 so could see this as a good season. Ready for promotion next year.

It didnt do us much harm last time.

Now 8 & 7 points adrift from 1 & 2 - at best, looks like it's the play-off lottery.

Sorry - how many more matches are there to play ?

Not saying we will get top 2- but it is far to early to say we won't. Look at Blackpool - early season people said they would walk the division - and now they are back in the pack.

Today was the best all round team performance I have seen at Ewood for a long time - and better than many of the matches we saw under Sam. Yes it is all about winning - but listening to Berg post match he understands this - he almost sounded disappointed after what was a good performance.

The difference from when he took over to now is like night and day - he will now have a full weeks training - lets see if he can continue the improvement.

It is very early days - but IMO it is all positive at the moment.

BTW - finally the real Danny Murphy decided to turn up today - what a difference tactics make !

Also - anyone have a clear view of the penalty shout in the second half - looked a clear penalty from Riverside.

Fowler and Savage just called Berg an uninspiring choice as manager when we could have had McCarthy or Holloway. They could well be right.

Not in my book. Mc Carthy is one of the few managers to underachieve Steve Kean in each of the last 2 seasons! I'm not sure Holloway's record is any better either.

Archived