BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham Preview

Can't argue with that.

When was the last time we could say that about a post-match interview?

Berg was very honest in his interview. he has high standards and he wants them of rovers.

the last manager who did this was Mark Hughes.

the atmosphere at Ewood Park today was good. just like it was when Hughes was manager.

30 league games to go yet.

keep the faith.

COYB!!!

Palace/Boro will drop points.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazed by the negative posts on here, seems its mainly from people who didn't go though.

That's one of the best performances in a few seasons. A lot of positives to be taken.

Flu or no flu, Murphy bossed the midfield, hate to say I told u so but I did say this would happen with a proper manager.

I think its imperative Simon starts next game though he is a class act. The way he kept possession when getting fouled from all angles at one point summed him up.

Sat in the JW lower as I moved my ST over and took a few youngsters with me, Bburn end sounded back on form and looking forward to getting back in there next game

• Moderation Lead

Absolute nonsense to compare Berg's record to those new managers that have taken charge of other clubs.

The biggest difference these people don't understand is, that Berg has had to take over a side that has been mis-managed for the best part of 2 years under Kean. I'm sorry but it will take more than 7 days (5 if you take away match days) to sort out.

The early signs are promising and we've not played this well in a very long time. It will take time and I'm sure the results will come. Patience is required.

This. Many more reasons for (cautious) optimism.

Murphy was outstanding. He absolutely ran the show.

- Rochina is so frustrating its always a fine line with him between superb and shocking, for the most part today he was terrible. At least he is willing to try something though

- Vukcevic looked a class above his control and composure was Tugay-esque and he made the right choice on the ball every time he had it apart from once where he thought Nunes was continuing his run. In fact he made Rochina look like a skilful Sunday league player in comparison

Completely agree with this. Rochina was generally poor and gives the ball away far too much. However he can unlock the door, like the Huddersfield game, and moments like that can win points. His decision making and execution were more than often not good enough, but I suppose he needs time to improve on that. Impressed with Simon today though.

• Moderation Lead

Not on a "wind-up" as you call it. I am behind Berg but 2 points out of 9 is not good enough if we are going to win promotion. At present we are slipping farther and farther behind the top teams.

I'll repeat again - good performances are meaningless unless you win matches.

Lest we forget Reading coming from nowhere to beast the division last season.....

Completely agree with this. Rochina was generally poor and gives the ball away far too much. However he can unlock the door, like the Huddersfield game, and moments like that can win points. His decision making and execution were more than often not good enough, but I suppose he needs time to improve on that. Impressed with Simon today though.

He can be frustrating but he makes things happen! We need him in the team - he is our only creative outlet at the moment. His set-pieces were cack though.

• Backroom

Heartened to see Berg's comments at the end of the game. Was dreading that he'd come out and give the players a verbal BJ ala Steve Kean, but it's obvious Berg knows these results aren't good enough.

Fowler and Savage just called Berg an uninspiring choice as manager when we could have had McCarthy or Holloway. They could well be right.

Do me a favour. This is Fowler who can't string a coherent sentence together and Savage who has more faces than the town hall clock.

• Backroom

Highlight of the game for me came when Simon was on the halfway line facing his own goal with nothing at all on and then with a stroke of genius turned his man and knocked the ball into space creating an attack.

Good job Ruben scored that penalty after not realising the ball when Rhodes wanted to take it, for me Danny Muphy should have gone up banged both their heads together then taken it himself

Do me a favour. This is Fowler who can't string a coherent sentence together and Savage who has more faces than the town hall clock.

Bloody good, successful businessman is our Mr Fowler.

However I did enjoy watching Rovers today, better shape, aggression and quite a bit of skill on occasion. A wee bit too deep on occasions but overall I was impressed.

MOTM: Danny Murphy by a mile.

I really enjoyed Rovers today. The last time I can really say that was against Liverpool early in the Kean era.

The atmosphere was brilliant and there was some really good football. Stand outs for me were an infinitely improved Murphy, great cameo from Simon (where did that turn of pace come from) and a great performance by Henley.

Just looking around the stadium, united in getting behind the team with no dissenting - even when we conceded.

I just hope Henning will get time and we are well placed for, and can afford, a second season in the Championship - because I don't think we are going to go up automatically. Maybe we can hope to secure a play off place when we play Brum again on the final day.

Early days but the signs look good.

Highlight of the game for me came when Simon was on the halfway line facing his own goal with nothing at all on and then with a stroke of genius turned his man and knocked the ball into space creating an attack.

Good job Ruben scored that penalty after not realising the ball when Rhodes wanted to take it, for me Danny Muphy should have gone up banged both their heads together then taken it himself

Good point.

Unbelievable that after 3 matches in charge, Berg has still not nominated a penalty taker and we've seen some school ground stuff.

Simple, Rhodes your the man. End of story.

I really enjoyed Rovers today. The last time I can really say that was against Liverpool early in the Kean era.

The atmosphere was brilliant and there was some really good football. Stand outs for me were an infinitely improved Murphy, great cameo from Simon (where did that turn of pace come from) and a great performance by Henley.

Just looking around the stadium, united in getting behind the team with no dissenting - even when we conceded.

I just hope Henning will get time and we are well placed for, and can afford, a second season in the Championship - because I don't think we are going to go up automatically. Maybe we can hope to secure a play off place when we play Brum again on the final day.

Early days but the signs look good.

telling you...ive had a vision. We are going up by beating the dingles at wembley on pens

Much improved performance , I cannot see any promotion this season , but if we can can rid ourselves of the dross and sign one or two good uns , we will have a good chance next season ..

This club as been neglected on the managerial front for nearly 2 years , it ain't going to happen overnight !

Encouraging today ......

We are not going to do a Souness with this squad , just be patient ..

• Backroom

Good point.

Unbelievable that after 3 matches in charge, Berg has still not nominated a penalty taker and we've seen some school ground stuff.

Simple, Rhodes your the man. End of story.

I presume Rhodes is bad at them in training as nobody wants him to have them

Murphy should be the taker IMO

:lol: Burnley aren't getting anywhere near the playoffs pal.

Burnley's playoff is the 2nd December, all I've been seeing in my inbox on facebook and my cousins wall is this "2/12/12 #heusedtobuildwalls"

I presume Rhodes is bad at them in training as nobody wants him to have them

Murphy should be the taker IMO

Might be wrong but pretty sure he was Huddersfield's pen taker.

It should be pretty simple. Manager nominates the penalty taker with reserves 2 & 3.

If 1 is on the field and not injured he takes it, if 1 not on the field then 2 and so on,

You cannot have folk like CKR & Rochina 'taking' the ball off Rhodes. We've paid £8m for him to score feckin goals and he wants to !

It was poor and weak management from Black not to be prepared and similar now Berg has taken over. Wouldn't have done that under Cloughie!

Might be wrong but pretty sure he was Huddersfield's pen taker.

It should be pretty simple. Manager nominates the penalty taker with reserves 2 & 3.

If 1 is on the field and not injured he takes it, if 1 not on the field then 2 and so on,

You cannot have folk like CKR & Rochina 'taking' the ball off Rhodes. We've paid £8m for him to score feckin goals and he wants to !

It was poor and weak management from Black not to be prepared and similar now Berg has taken over. Wouldn't have done that under Cloughie!

Have you had another of your massive bets on Rhodes scoring a penalty or something? Complete nonsense as always from you. Glad you enjoyed your xmas shopping.

a good game, good to watch, but we need a win, long term

we need midfield players, who can both win and pass the ball. at present we have two player who are needed to undertake this role, good teams have midfield players who can do both.

the fittness is better, and closing down is a lot faster anf higher up the pitch, i hope we go up this season, but if not berg needs to stay the whole 3 years if not longer it takes time to build a team up

Have you had another of your massive bets on Rhodes scoring a penalty or something? Complete nonsense as always from you. Glad you enjoyed your xmas shopping.

No bets today. Christmas shoppping great with a special card for you !

Enjoyable game this afternoon, the best performance at home this season, the best atmosphere this season.

I thought all the players looked markedly better than they have in each of the other home games this season, and for the first time they are starting to look like a team rather than a group of demotivated individuals.

Murphy exemplified the change, he's looked pretty terrible all season and today he was great, hardly put a foot wrong until he tired. I don't get the criticism of Rochina, he isn't perfect but at this level he is top class. As is Vukcevic by the looks of it.

Berg is doing a good job in turning things around. If the performances continue to improve then the results will come.

There has been an improvement both on and off the feild with Berg in charge but lets be brutally honest..does anyone think this side is good enough to stay in the Prem if we are promoted?

It would need a MASSIVE overhaul costing 10's of Millions to buy the quality we would need.

Its quite frightening.

Archived