BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

jim mk2

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On that league table Pompey basically stay up on 50 if they don't go into administration. That would have made 49 points the high water mark last season, but already this season second bottom has got 45, and the few above on 47 including us mean that the safety mark this year will probably be around 52 or 53.

All we need, then, is two wins. Surely we can do that versus Sheff W (A), Derby C (H), Hudd Tn (H), Palace (H), or even Millwall or Brum (A). I don't fancy anything at Watford.

All we need, then, is two wins. Surely we can do that versus Sheff W (A), Derby C (H), Hudd Tn (H), Palace (H), or even Millwall or Brum (A). I don't fancy anything at Watford.

I'd say we need a minimum of two wins but then again 6 points may just be enough if we get lucky. Maybe later on we'll get a team or two that are already on their holidays.

I'd say we need a minimum of two wins but then again 6 points may just be enough if we get lucky. Maybe later on we'll get a team or two that are already on their holidays.

The holiday teams for me are Millwall and Brum; both away. We owe Millwall one.

Just as an aside is their anybody out there who is still stupid enough to think that we have the best squad in the division? There were bloody loads who thought that six months or so ago! :lol:

and even more that thought Bowyer was the answer to all our prayers!

The holiday teams for me are Millwall and Brum; both away. We owe Millwall one.

After seeing us outplayed by the likes of Burnley, Blackpool, Millwall and Posh I don't think there will be any holiday matches.

and even more that thought Bowyer was the answer to all our prayers!

I think more thought that the person you describe was NOT Michael Appleton.

• Backroom

I think more thought that the person you describe was NOT Michael Appleton.

Yep, the general opinion was that we were more likely to survive with Bowyer than Appleton, not that either was the answer to any prayers.

We missed our chance to avoid relegation by sacking Appleton. You know, that guy who steered us further up sh.it creek............Gav said :wacko:

Because (Shebby interference or no) we've done so well since he went.

Personally I'd have been interested to see how Appleton did after the 2 week break. Have a feeling the Blackpool game would've been a victory.

Regardless though, no point wondering what if, we're where we're at, we're stuck with Bowyer for better or worse. Let's hope we can scrape enough points to survive.

The Telegraph should be hounding Rob Coar for a comment on the clubs league position.

Why should he get away everything.

I think Blackburn Rovers has given far more to Coar than Coar has given to Rovers.

You are spot on !

His apparent silence, IMO, tells us all we need to know about him.

What price would Rhodes go for in the firesale?

If we ended up in League 1? Probably £2.5m Tops. You could also probably tip your piggy bank into the coin machine at ASDA and be able to buy the rest of the squad with change to spare.

Wins against Wednesday, Huddersfield and a draw with Derby are essential. Can't say I expect anything out of the others and even those results are a tall order.

I don't think I can continue going to any games at Ewood if we drop down to League One, at least not until Venky's have cleared off. It's a miserable place as it is already when you compare it to the Premier League/pre Venky's days. I can't bear to imagine what the atmosphere will be like playing in the third tier. :(

I can only hope some bad karma hits the Venky family some time in the future such as all their businesses going into meltdown and them being forced to live in the slums.

Given the choice between relegation to the third tier and an immediate implosion; or surviving in the second tier for a while and dying a slow lingering death ... I would take the former every single time.

After 2 and a half years, I've really had enough, I'd rather burn out than rust away.

The important things regarding the future of the club are:

Has the club been paying all owed monies to the Inland Revenue?

If the club has any debts A= Are they guaranteed by another company or person and B= Who are they owed to.

As far as we all know HMRC are not owed any substantial or overdue monies. This is good. If this were not the case an administrator may find the club difficult to save.

If debtors are trying to recover a debt with a guaranteur the club may avoid the debt. If the debt is owed to a foreign corporation or individual, they are basically stuffed as their recourse is law is much more limited than a UK based entity. If we end up in debt to an Indian bank that would be A= hilarious and B= could seriously limit Venkys future access to borrowing in India (or elsewhere) (also hilarious)

The concern is whether the administrator would have access to assets such as the ground and Brockhall. As far I know they would, so could sell or sell/lease-back to reduce debt.

I don't think we are a in a NewCo situation at present, but the longer we go on the more difficult it may get for an administrator to save the business, and that could mean any NewCo BRFC would not be playing at Ewood Park and would be basically just another Chorley or Stalybridge Celtic.

As things stand I think Venkys could file for administration at any time.

Obviously if we are in default of debt the debtor could force admin or request a winding up order, but that doesn't seem to be teh case at the moment.

Either way if the club is to continue as an reasonable ongoing business, it would require substantial capitalisation from the owners, especially as almost all playing assets have been either sold or hugely de-valued. Let's face if all pro's were sold I don't think we would get above £20M.

If I was looking to buy BRFC at present though it would be better to buy out of admin, with expensive contracts and debts reduced or removed, rather that buy from Venkys with these in place.

I fully expect us to go down now. If it means the Indians @#/? off I'd take that deal right now.

I'd take it as well ..but the problem is will they go ? the last parachute payment isn't till summer 2014 they'll hang around till then...what pieces will be left to pick up after that is anyones guess

Archived