BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

jim mk2

Bottom line is I don't think the players have got the balls for it.

Absolutely Bryan, we have a bunch of mercenaries that have let the past 2 managers down, I don’t count kean as a manager.....absolutely no fight and only interested in the money.

Dunny was right when he said some players in the dressing room can’t hand on heart say they’re giving their all for the club.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lose on Monday and it will be a case of headless chickens.

Anything can and, most likely, will happen.

IMO, we will see GB summarily dismissed to the reserves and a 'saviour' brought in by Shebby !

That is why it was so important we sacked Appleton when we did imo. Despite the indignation of the press at another manager biting the dust after ten or so league games.

Having taken a look at the table you'd think that Ipswich on 49 and the teams above that on 50 or more should have enough points to limp home regardless of how they finish the season.

From memory there's then three teams including ourselves on 47 points two teams below that then the three teams currently occupying the relegation slots.

It's any three from those eight on 47 points or less imo. Quite ludicrous however to make statements Like "we're gone" at this stage imo although I think there would have been a very good chance of it had we persevered with Appleton.

I have'nt said we are gone yet Rev, I actually think Jordan Rhodes will just keep us up, but I did'nt expect us to be in such a precarious position, it could be

tight though. I agree about Appleton he was far too negative with his tactics.

Win on Monday against Cardiff and we're safe to all intents and purposes.

Another loss and a few wins for the teams below us and the table will start to look extremely hairy. If it isn't already.

A reasonable or good finish to the season and we would be well into the top half of the table.That's how tight the table is and the landscape will alter completely on a match by match basis until the end of the season.

Changing managers week in week out usually ends in tears, we don't deserve to stay in the league with all the nonsence thats gone on this season, but we'll see what happens.

Win? Early April fool

I wouldn't even class it as a surprise. Whilst the League table might suggest otherwise I don't think they're any better than us particularly.

They have however performed far better than us over the course of the season if that isn't too much of a contradiction in terms.

Win on Monday against Cardiff and we're safe to all intents and purposes.

Another loss and a few wins for the teams below us and the table will start to look extremely hairy. If it isn't already.

A reasonable or good finish to the season and we would be well into the top half of the table.That's how tight the table is and the landscape will alter completely on a match by match basis until the end of the season.

I think the issue right now is that our lack of form and lack of goals and defensive frailties. Hmmmm, that's quite a problem.

Basically we're just sitting ducks and the question is, with 3 teams between us and oblivion, can they get enough points to overtake us?

Odds on Rovers being relegated range from 7/1 to 10/1.

Lump some money on at 10/1 and at least you can drown your sorrows when it happens.

This is a dam good bet at those odds.

I think the issue right now is that our lack of form and lack of goals and defensive frailties. Hmmmm, that's quite a problem.

Basically we're just sitting ducks and the question is, with 3 teams between us and oblivion, can they get enough points to overtake us?

Defensively we haven't been too bad, that horrific first half against Peterbrough apart.

Lack of goals recently has obviously been the problem, I'd put that largely down to Appleton's tactics, so how we go from here remains to be seen. Obviously if we can't improve our goals ratio we'll have problems.

Yesterday we had two very good chances to probably win the game before Blackpool scored. We didn't take them. That's been a bit of a recurring theme to our play this season, if Rhodes doesn't score we don't.

The other players need to start chipping in a bit as well, however I'm hoping and assuming we'll create rather more chances under Bowyer than Appleton and that that will enable them to do that.

Lose on Monday and it will be a case of headless chickens.

Anything can and, most likely, will happen.

IMO, we will see GB summarily dismissed to the reserves and a 'saviour' brought in by Shebby !

Anything is possible , with the Punatics , maybe Kean will appear again?

I hope you have'nt got any ideas of selling the wifes car and bunging it all on at 10/1

Aye, although you can do a lot with a grand I don't think she'd be very happy!

:D

Have to say although I don't think we'll go down looking at it purely dispassionately in terms of value, 10/1 is a good price if you can get it anywhere.

I wouldn't even class it as a surprise. Whilst the League table might suggest otherwise I don't think they're any better than us particularly.

They have however performed far better than us over the course of the season if that isn't too much of a contradiction in terms.

You don't half post some tripe.

Look at the league table, look at the recent form. look at what is staring you in the face. We can't score goals and we let soft goals in. We're in freefall.

Lump some money on at 10/1 and at least you can drown your sorrows when it happens.

the odds checker site is showing these odds but i can't find a single site giving them

i'm half cut and i'm going to stick some on

You don't half post some tripe.

Look at the league table, look at the recent form. look at what is staring you in the face. We can't score goals and we let soft goals in. We're in freefall.

James my dear fellow I am looking at the recent form. Cardiff have only won two out of their last six. Losing 2 and drawing 2 of the others.

We have just sacked our manager therefore our bare form has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

We're unbeaten under our current manager if you really want to argue the toss about form.

• Backroom

Mercer do you really expect us to drop now?

A month or so back you said no chance in hell, have we got that much worse or other teams just got better?

Remaining fixtures:-

IPSWICH:- M'wall(a) Derby(a) Hull(h) Palace(h) Sheff W(a) B'ham(h) Burnley(a)

B’POOL:- Palace (h) Forest (a) Burnley (h) Sheff W (h) Brighton (a) Derby (h) Bolton (a)

ROVERS:- Cardiff(a) Sheff W(a) Deby(h) H’field(h) Watford(a) M’wall(a) Palace(h) B’ham(a)

H’FIELD:- Bolton(a) P’boro(h) Wolves(a) Rovers (a) M’wall(h) Bristol C (a) Barnsley(h)

SHEFF W:- Bristol C (a) Rovers (h) M’wall (a) Leeds(a) B’pool(a) Ipswich(h) P’boro(a) M’boro (h)

P’BORO:- M’boro (a) H’field (a) Watford(h) Brighton(h) Derby(a) Sheff W(h) Palace (a).

WOLVES:-B’ham(a) Bolton(a) H’field(h) Hull(h) Charlton(a) Burnley(h) Brighton(a)

BARNSLEY:- Leicester(h) Palace(a) Cardiff(a) Charlton(h) Derby(h) Forest(a) Hull(h) H’field (a)

BRISTOL CITY:- Sheff W(h) Burnley(a) Bolton(h) B'ham(h) Hull(a) H'field(h) Charlton(a)

That's a cracking price, where can I get that Merce?

Cardiff's result today was very bad news (not only for the obvious of Posh winning ) but they will now be well and truly fired up on Monday.

To me we look like relegation on a stick. Just got to hope against hope.

All depends on what is happening with Cardiff - if they are starting to bottle it then possible nerves are starting to get the better of them. Which ever way - as you say - they will be a little more fired up.

Don't know why - but still feel we will get a result.

Remaining fixtures:-

IPSWICH:- M'wall(a) Derby(a) Hull(h) Palace(h) Sheff W(a) B'ham(h) Burnley(a)

B’POOL:- Palace (h) Forest (a) Burnley (h) Sheff W (h) Brighton (a) Derby (h) Bolton (a)

ROVERS:- Cardiff(a) Sheff W(a) Deby(h) H’field(h) Watford(a) M’wall(a) Palace(h) B’ham(a)

H’FIELD:- Bolton(a) P’boro(h) Wolves(a) Rovers (a) M’wall(h) Bristol C (a) Barnsley(h)

SHEFF W:- Bristol C (a) Rovers (h) M’wall (a) Leeds(a) B’pool(a) Ipswich(h) P’boro(a) M’boro (h)

P’BORO:- M’boro (a) H’field (a) Watford(h) Brighton(h) Derby(a) Sheff W(h) Palace (a).

WOLVES:-B’ham(a) Bolton(a) H’field(h) Hull(h) Charlton(a) Burnley(h) Brighton(a)

BARNSLEY:- Leicester(h) Palace(a) Cardiff(a) Charlton(h) Derby(h) Forest(a) Hull(h) H’field (a)

BRISTOL CITY:- Sheff W(h) Burnley(a) Bolton(h) B'ham(h) Hull(a) H'field(h) Charlton(a)

My prediction (not gonna count Ipswich as they will be fine)

Blackpool: D L D W L W L total points = 55

Rovers: L D W D L D L D = 54

Hudds: L W L D W L D = 55

Sheff W: L D D L L W L W = 54

Peterb: W L D L W W L = 55

Wolves: W L W L W D L = 55

Barnsley: W L L W W L L D = 54

Bristol: W L D W L L W D = 50

Think we'll stay up on goal difference. I have been particularly harsh on Rovers. Would hope for 2 or 3 wins.

The key here is that it is in our own hands.

If we get relegated from this position then we deserve to be, considering how much we have spent and what a mess we are in right now.

I still feel that we can get a couple of wins and survive, I also think we will get them in places where we feel there is little chance- like Cardiff away.

The key here is that it is in our own hands.

Seems like another world now but this time last year we had clambered out of the relegation zone and at one point were 6 points clear of the bottom 3.

It was in our hands then but we proceeded to lose 8 out of the last 9 games.

Archived