Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

jim mk2

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20898755

This is the last thing I heard from Shebby in regards to the manager search. When did it change to him wanting Bowyer for the rest of the season? - genuine question btw, I don't remember him saying this.

Ah right, I must be mistaken then. Thought that was what he had said tbh.

He comes out with that much tosh, I try to block it all out!!

I know Singh made a mistake with Berg after Kean left and it might stir the sh1t on here but if we had done as Shebby Singh wanted and stuck with GB I feel relegation would not be a threat or even an issue. The murky appointment of Appleton by Shagnew screwed us over big time.

discuss....... :o

I don't recall SS ever saying he wanted to stick with Bowyer per se, but agree entirely with the rest of your post. In fact if we had appointed Bowyer until the end of the season and stuck by that decision I think we'd be challenging for a play off spot right now as opposed to needing a handful more points to guarantee safety.

• Backroom

Ah right, I must be mistaken then. Thought that was what he had said tbh.

He comes out with that much tosh, I try to block it all out!!

Aye, I ask on the basis he talks so much crap it is entirely possible he DID say he wanted Bowyer to stay on for the whole season the day after the interview I quoted.

Equaliser for Boro.

If we perform anything like we don't need to worry about other results.

We're on 47 points now with 8 games to go. I think 5 points would be enough, maybe even four.

Of course I hope we're not thinking solely in those terms and finish respectably with at least 12 points from the last eight games etc.

I think I said a while back Ipswich will finish above us. Looks like that's what is going to happen.

Just shows, when Kean left we were in top 3 and Ipswich in bottom 3. McCarthy would have been perfect for us.

• Backroom

Said yesterday a point wasn't good enough but I wasn't too concerned

It looks a little worse now but still massively in our own hands

This is the time of the season when Cardiff start to capitulate.

I've never been too impressed with them and they are certainly beatable.

Hopefully we start on the front foot and try and get something from the game.

A win there would do our confidence the world of good. In theory of course, we all remember our form after the win at the Emirates.

• Backroom

Considering how spineless the majority of our players are, having it in our own hands is not really an advantage. Can only hope Bowyer gets them to limp over the line.

The problem is for half a dozen games now we haven't even looked remotely likely of winning

Yesterday was no exception we didn't ever look like winning the game

I'm very very concerned. Don't know where are next win is coming and the teams below us are in good form.

We are prob gonna be beaten by Cardiff. Barnsley have got a badly out of form Leicester, Peterborough have a terrible Boro team and Wolves have a safe Birmingham team. Could be in the bottom 3 by the end of tuesday. I'm very much of the opinion that if we drop into the bottom 3 then we won't get out of it.

Archived