BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

jim mk2

• Backroom

Should have aimed for 3 points from Friday's match but nearly lost it. Against a team managed by Paul Ince, who had won 1 match in the last 6.

We will scrape together points from the next few games, time will tell whether we cobble together enough to stay up. No matter what, this season has been a total disgrace from the very start. Kean should never have started the season as manager (he should never have been appointed at all, but that's another matter), Berg should never have been appointed, and Appleton should never have been appointed. The boardroom in-fighting has been pathetic and embarrassing, with performances on the pitch often being similarly cringeworthy and hopeless.

I keep thinking it can't get any worse, but whether we stay up or go down, until Venky's leave I'm convinced things will continue to spiral until we are consigned to little more than a footnote in the footballing history books.

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The speed with which the 22nd place points total is rising could well overwhelm our ability to get any sort of act together.

Posh completed their double over Cardiff today didn't they?

...and our prospects against Cardiff on Easter Monday? We are going to have to win one of these improbable games to stay up.

more rubbish

what evidence of this have you got???

most likely NONE

And just what evidence do you have against chaddy? Cause from where I'm sitting...

Would you employ Singh? Agnew? Remove the experienced back room team (Board) and (Premier League) players we had?

Would you have allowed the sheer incompetence of the last 2.5 years? No, of course not, because you know right from wrong, you know football, you care about BRFC, and if you weren't sure? Well you'd ask around surely?

The difference between winning and losing can be down to 0.X of a percentage. What do we do? Place our faith in novices, chancers, never will be's, liars and bulls1tters. I mean if you wanted us to Kean up and get it all wrong who else would you put in charge other than Singh?

He sees fit to draw a 400k wage per annum - for what?!? What has he achieved this season? Rid us of Kean apparently. I somehow doubt that. Given a few interviews and arranged a walk in centre for BRAG? Nice one. Talked out of his arse on the radio? Twitted about here there and everywhere when at any other club with half an idea he would have been booted out months ago.

What does VBRFC do? Make him the most powerful man at the club. Genius. But hey, they're just confused.

Brilliant post Bob. I disagree about him not 'causing the departure of Kean' (as I like to fondly remember it) but a lot of people seem to think Venkys took over this season and are supporting the club the best they can. I, however, have a slightly longer memory.

Seems like another world now but this time last year we had clambered out of the relegation zone and at one point were 6 points clear of the bottom 3.

It was in our hands then but we proceeded to lose 8 out of the last 9 games.

Hence the betting scandal rumours.

Looking at the fixtures and form I think we're going to scrape it. Huddersfield are really struggling and have a horrendous goal difference, whilst Barnsley and Bristol City's upturn in fortunes really seem to have slowed over the last few weeks. They'd be my pick for the bottom 3.

That's before factoring in anyone else having a bad run. I don't rate Saunders as Wolves manager, nor Ince at Blackpool. The more I look at it the less chance I think there is of us messing it up. Bowyer should be able to get us enough points to limp home.

Next season however is a huge worry. We should be more worried of relegation than promotion next year on current form.

Odds on Rovers being relegated range from 7/1 to 10/1.

Lump some money on at 10/1 and at least you can drown your sorrows when it happens.

This is a dam good bet at those odds.

I put a fiver on when we were 25/1 to go down after Berg got the sack.

I would never bet against Rovers under normal circumstances but it might just compensate for the misery of relegation a little.

Looking at the fixtures and form I think we're going to scrape it. Huddersfield are really struggling and have a horrendous goal difference, whilst Barnsley and Bristol City's upturn in fortunes really seem to have slowed over the last few weeks. They'd be my pick for the bottom 3.

That's before factoring in anyone else having a bad run. I don't rate Saunders as Wolves manager, nor Ince at Blackpool. The more I look at it the less chance I think there is of us messing it up. Bowyer should be able to get us enough points to limp home.

Next season however is a huge worry. We should be more worried of relegation than promotion next year on current form.

Thats been , my take on it for a while Blue Blood ....Just about stay up , might not be as hairy as some think at the end ..

But next season , we are doomed unless Venkys attitude towards the managerial situation changes ..

Remova;l of the board Singh,Agnew ,Shaw ..They are just on ego trips promoted way above their respective stations ..

In fact all 3 would be better employed as sh1thouse cleaners ...

Would they sell if we got relegated ?

I would take relegation if they did one cos it is coming within 12 months with them ..

Just for the "fun" of it: what were the odds on Rovers being relegated before the season started?

Also 100% agree with bob fleming - like he says: football isn't really that complicated when you think about it. We simply need to score and win games to stay up and right now we look helpless in that department. We need decent people employed by the club and get rid of Agnew, Shaw and Singh. We need leadership on and off the field. We have close to nothing of what we need and look destined to be playing in League One next year. Funny thing is I think Wolves will survive. Which brings me back to my initial question - odds on relegation before the season started? Or perhaps odds on consecutive relegations?

And just what evidence do you have against chaddy? Cause from where I'm sitting...

Would you employ Singh? Agnew? Remove the experienced back room team (Board) and (Premier League) players we had?

Would you have allowed the sheer incompetence of the last 2.5 years? No, of course not, because you know right from wrong, you know football, you care about BRFC, and if you weren't sure? Well you'd ask around surely?

The difference between winning and losing can be down to 0.X of a percentage. What do we do? Place our faith in novices, chancers, never will be's, liars and bulls1tters. I mean if you wanted us to Kean up and get it all wrong who else would you put in charge other than Singh?

He sees fit to draw a 400k wage per annum - for what?!? What has he achieved this season? Rid us of Kean apparently. I somehow doubt that. Given a few interviews and arranged a walk in centre for BRAG? Nice one. Talked out of his arse on the radio? Twitted about here there and everywhere when at any other club with half an idea he would have been booted out months ago.

What does VBRFC do? Make him the most powerful man at the club. Genius. But hey, they're just confused.

there just confused...lol...

no business people keep making the mistakes these fools have in over 2 years they haven't learnt anything or more than likely they don't want to

the whole thing stinks

Just for the "fun" of it: what were the odds on Rovers being relegated before the season started?

Also 100% agree with bob fleming - like he says: football isn't really that complicated when you think about it. We simply need to score and win games to stay up and right now we look helpless in that department. We need decent people employed by the club and get rid of Agnew, Shaw and Singh. We need leadership on and off the field. We have close to nothing of what we need and look destined to be playing in League One next year. Funny thing is I think Wolves will survive. Which brings me back to my initial question - odds on relegation before the season started? Or perhaps odds on consecutive relegations?

33/1 start of season mate

Thats been , my take on it for a while Blue Blood ....Just about stay up , might not be as hairy as some think at the end ..

But next season , we are doomed unless Venkys attitude towards the managerial situation changes ..

Remova;l of the board Singh,Agnew ,Shaw ..They are just on ego trips promoted way above their respective stations ..

In fact all 3 would be better employed as sh1thouse cleaners ...

Would they sell if we got relegated ?

I would take relegation if they did one cos it is coming within 12 months with them ..

I would as well but would they go ?

If the same scenario carries with Shebby , agnew , etc behind the scenes if we scrape up this time next season we'll go down for sure nothings more certain

Archived