BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Relegation Thread

jim mk2

Nailed on for relegation unless a new experienced manager comes in and we get that new manager bounce. If we continue as is I can't see us winning another game this season.

We've had six changes of manager this season... why should another change make any difference ??

• Replies 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few weeks ago we were 7 points clear of relegation. Now we are 0 points clear of relegation and 7 points clear of the bottom. Continue this form and this 7 point gap will vanish just as quickly.

There is an old adage which has a habit of being consistently accurate..... Rags to Riches and back again in 3 generations. It appears BRFC will follow suit but in 3 decades!

We will find our own level in footballs basement divisions but only if we are allowed to by the powers that be and we don't wind up in the history books as the club that Jack (ultimately) destroyed.

I get your point - but that feels a bit to close to the bone as we watch the destruction!

All I know is we will definitely be going down under Bowyer, but we might have a chance of staying up under an experienced manager even though that chance is pretty slim.

Far too late, should have been done months ago, rearranging deckchairs on the Titanic and all that.

Hang on today was poor but it didn't confirm relegation.

Bristol City imo are too far gone to catch up. Not masses of points but enough that I don't see them catching up.

That leaves 2 places with 6 teams having under 50 points. Wolves nearly threw it away today, Sheffield Weds surrendered a lead vs Bristol City, Peterborough are still a couple of points behind us and are as capable of playing very badly as they are at getting a result. As for Huddersfield - they're in free fall like us with a horrendous goal difference.

For us to go down 5 clubs have to do better than us. And that's not taking any of the teams on 50 points into consideration.

Added to which we still have to play Sheffield Wednesday and Huddersfield ourselves. Winning either of these gives us a much stronger chance of staying up and badly damages these teams' chances of survival.

Granted we're cutting it a lot closer than I would like. There's no doubt about it we are in a relegation scrap and we are not playing well. But to say this confirms relegation is daft. No relegation confirmed, nor is it a certainty. Whilst we're trying to balls it up, this is far from certain.

I guess a more succinct way of putting it is this:

1) it's in our own hands. a couple of wins against teams around us should see us safe.

2) even if we can't make the most of it being in our own hands, there's still a half decent chance of staying up due to the poor standard of the teams around us.

Let's not throw in the towel just yet!

We simply have to get at least another two wins from our remaining 7 games and despite what the form book and table might say none of them will be easy. Too many people are already giving us 6 or 9 points from our home games, despite the lack of evidence to suggest that we will go out and beat anybody at all in this division.

Also Can't bear to think about the financial and footballing oblivion that is League One.

Such a hard division to get out of, even look at Sheff Utd, who are by far the biggest club in that division, they're choking again.

We will stagnate there for years at this rate, if we don't go bust.

Blueblood, I agree with aspects of your sentiments and right now I still think we can stay up. However, you say it will take 5 teams doing better than us. Rovers are bottom of the form table. I think we are currently the worst team in the league (in terms of form in last couple of months). I am not confident of this changing. So it is absolutely possible that those 5 teams will finish stronger than us. God knows they are clearly fighting harder than the Rovers players. That is why Wolves got 3 points at Birmingham today (there is no way we would at the moment).

I wouldn't be too optimistic!

Is rovers slip into league one we won't get back unless Venkys go. Same story as being in the championship, Let's face it we never had a chance of promotion this time and even that early season good form was a complete fluke. People say that we would have been better staying with Kean, maybe so from a financial point of view but we would certainly still have slipped down the table just as we have done.

Terrible time for us all at the moment, dread to think what our starting 11 will be next season if we are relegated. Only positive is it would get rid of all the money grabbing selfish premier league rejects we have in our books

For us to be relegated it just needs 3 teams to do better than us. That's quite clear.

We're in freefall, I wish people would stop pretending otherwise. Our best chance of 3 points is in a couple of weeks against Huddersfield. But by then we may be in bottom 3. I'd put money on us staying in the bottom 3 if we slip in.

If we do somehow miraculously avoid relegation, then it's a definite prospect for next year anyway.

Hang on .

I guess a more succinct way of putting it is this:

1) it's in our own hands. a couple of wins against teams around us should see us safe.

2) even if we can't make the most of it being in our own hands, there's still a half decent chance of staying up due to the poor standard of the teams around us.

Let's not throw in the towel just yet!

Are you related to Revidge Blue ?

Thankk goodness we didnt go for McCarthy or Billy Davies though - they get their teams up and can't keep them up!

Never Premier League managers!!

And Davies has play-off defeats on his CV - pah, nowhere near good enough for us eh?

Either would have been fine. Why cannot people see the bleeding obvious ?

I have got a horrible feeling about this now - form and confidence are both against us and Relegation looks a real possibility unless we turn this ship round quickly. How many points would keep us up?

Prob 54 or 55 so 7/8 more points.

The problem is Peterb and Wolves are now in great form and look like staying up.

Blackpool winning has pulled them two games clear of us (3 points plus better goal difference). Can't see us overtaking them.

Bristol City are gone.

Barnsley have got some tough fixtures - good at home but poor away. Can see them pulling off a shock win away from home.

Then there`s Hudds and Sheff W. We have them to play. If they beat us then they'll be above us and then we'd have to amasss more points than them to take over them again. I would say it's a distinct possibility we will lose to at least one of those teams.

Just can't see it. We are so bad it is frightening. This is more than just poor form now. It is an entranched attitude, desire and will to win. These 3 key aspects are just not there. And this is the reason why I can't see us getting out of it. We then have to rely on other teams. The bottom teams are beating the top teams so we can't even rely on them to help us out.

The Bluebirds have been the class of this league all season, I remember watching the standings of the Championship League last year, I thought Forest were bound to go down, really tight but they stayed up. So, I'm cautiously optimistic, Cardiff are the best club this year.

This morning I thought we'd be safe.

Tonight, I fear we don't have enough about us to survive.

Very sad day.

Similar Den.

I've gone from "Don't think we'll go down" to "Every chance we'll go down" today.

I still can't get my head round today's starting line up. If we persist with that we'll go.

If we start with the team that either started or finished the game against Blackpool, I still think we'll stay up.

Blueblood, I agree with aspects of your sentiments and right now I still think we can stay up. However, you say it will take 5 teams doing better than us. Rovers are bottom of the form table. I think we are currently the worst team in the league (in terms of form in last couple of months). I am not confident of this changing. So it is absolutely possible that those 5 teams will finish stronger than us. God knows they are clearly fighting harder than the Rovers players. That is why Wolves got 3 points at Birmingham today (there is no way we would at the moment).

I wouldn't be too optimistic!

I'm not optimistic and am getting less so with each passing game. Today's line up and lack of heart were very worrying. I expected a lot more graft from reinstalling Bowyer, if not an upsurge in quality. Far from being optimistic I'm getting increasingly worried that we may well somehow get relegated when really, all things considered, it should never ever have seen us in this position. So many times we could get things right and we make the wrong choice - madness.

Besides my post is not trying to sound too optimistic - simply that today doesn't guarantee relegation! Far from it, we still can get ourselves out of this mess.

Are you related to Revidge Blue ?

Either would have been fine. Why cannot people see the bleeding obvious ?

No relation whatsoever. Don't think I've met him.

• Backroom

In a way it's actually impressive just how spectacularly Venkys have destroyed this club in such a short space without any resistance from anyone in power

On that league table Pompey basically stay up on 50 if they don't go into administration. That would have made 49 points the high water mark last season, but already this season second bottom has got 45, and the few above on 47 including us mean that the safety mark this year will probably be around 52 or 53.

In a way it's actually impressive just how spectacularly Venkys have destroyed this club in such a short space without any resistance from anyone in power

Oh come on Tom, I don't think Venky's can take all the credit although their name was always on the papers they have had some very good help along the way from third parties and "insiders".

Losing an FA old boys club tie vs Silently watching a club destroyed - no comparison

Backstabbing your way to a job your not fit for , declaring war on supporters vs being a lifelong Rovers supporter - no comparison

Dismantleing a club from the inside for a big fat pay off vs putting cones out - No comparison

Opening a new revenue stream for yourself and your cuckoo clock yodelling friends vs destroying a club - no comparison

Although the addition after a lot of the damage was done of the Malaysian Timmy Mallet and the Oh I forgot to pay the tax man at my last club was the icing on the cake.

To be honest without all this help I think Venky's may not have done such a good job but then again perhaps it was all part of "the plan" we kept hearing about

Archived