BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Your "Favourite" Rovers moments during the Venky reign

In light of the potential visit of the Venky mob to Ewood this weekend and the continual depression surrounding all things Rovers I have been reflecting on some of the things that have gone on since they took over. If their stweardship hasn't been a complete disaster I don't know what is. However, there have been plenty of goings-on that in a bizarre way make me smile.

My top 3 in no particular order;

• The chicken pitch invasion against Wigan.
  • One of Steve Kean's TV interviews where he mentioned something about not having a dog - with a big bag of dog food visible behind him.
  • The idea for a pop concert at Ewood that one of the brothers tried to set up. Was Akon the headliner?

I have to laugh as reality is too painful to watch.

Any of you have others?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The part where they realised that they were well out of their depth and sold to the Qataris before it was too late to prevent the downwards spiral we were rapidly heading into.

...oh yeah, didn't happen, did it?

• One of Steve Kean's TV interviews where he mentioned something about not having a dog - with a big bag of dog food visible behind him

class. My personal favourite was Pedersen's zimmer frame goal celebration. Honourable mention for the time that we nearly scored but there just wasn't enough dew on the grass. Curse the idyllic weather that keeps Lancashire bone dry.

edit: had to add in Kean's down-to-earth assessment of our signings.

Formica - the new Batistuta (wtf?!?!?)

Bruno - the Brazilian Denis Irwin

and best of all, Goodwillie - like a young Wayne Rooney.

As of now Denis is back in Brazil never to return after 2 appearances, Formica is in and out of the team (and nothing remotely like Batistuta - well they are both Argentinian, he may as well have called him the new Eva Peron), and Rooney is in the reserves as he has been sent home early from a loan move to League 1.

class. My personal favourite was Pedersen's zimmer frame goal celebration. Honourable mention for the time that we nearly scored but there just wasn't enough dew on the grass. Curse the idyllic weather that keeps Lancashire bone dry.

edit: had to add in Kean's down-to-earth assessment of our signings.

Formica - the new Batistuta (wtf?!?!?)

Bruno - the Brazilian Denis Irwin

and best of all, Goodwillie - like a young Wayne Rooney.

As of now Denis is back in Brazil never to return after 2 appearances, Formica is in and out of the team (and nothing remotely like Batistuta - well they are both Argentinian, he may as well have called him the new Eva Peron), and Rooney is in the reserves as he has been sent home early from a loan move to League 1.

he was on loan to Crystal Palace.

Keans comparisons were comedy gold but ultimately cringe.

When we sold Phil Jones to United, Kean went on talksport and said that Jones had the opportunity to play Champions League football straight away with United, where as we weren't there yet but was sure we would be in a 3 or 4 seasons time.

Has to be up there as one of his most delusional quotes ever. Made me laugh tho.

Steve Kean telling everyone there were "exciting times ahead" for the club directly after we were relegated. I think he may even have mentioned Europe.

Something about "taking a step back in order to progress"?

Alan Nixon deserting this messageboard

The concert at Ewood, the bloody mind boggles

Miles anderson leaving

Steve Kean leaving

Wankytash going on telly and saying he was very confused and hadn't felt so bad since his dear mum died

Anything that Steve Kean ever said

Going to spurs needing a win and not even having a shot on target

The original Venky's website

Maybe I was a little naive but here goes... in no particular order

the actual takeover.. was hoping for a Man City/Chelsea outcome... boy was I wrong..

the RSC second coming.. a point to prove, knows the club, did F all..

the chicken..

MGPs one and only tackle couldnt have come against better opposition

signing Jordan Rhodes

Kean resigning

winning against QPR 3-2, Im from Malta but was able to attend that game, good first half although all the goals came on the opposite side of the pitch !!

Im sure there are a few more that may have been positive points, or maybe felt good at the time.

EDIT - THE PLANE BANNER !!!

• Backroom
There wasn't one off target either, was there?

Nope.

Easily the most inept performance I have ever seen from a Rovers team. They didn't look worthy of the conference let alone the premier league.

For me its got to be

The statement written by (cough, cough) and delivered by Mrs D on the plan for the club in the early days after the takeover, her vast knowledge of world football and the monetary benefits of a conveyor belt transfer system - comedy gold

Venky Tash's at gunpoint "confused" interview from Switzerland -

Agnew's acceptance speech in the Telegraph after Keano gave him a place on the board was quite funny , lets forget the past , Transparency , blah bullshit blah bullshit etc etc .

Anything that came from Kean's mouth

One of the funniest things to come out of the owners (on paper) continuing destruction of the club was the photoshop thread that was on here, no doubt it gave the admins many a sleepless night :)

Archived