BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff City v. Blackburn Rovers, preview

I know you make your own luck in football for the most part, but the results going against us these last 2 weeks are absolutely unbelievable. Long way to go yet today but cant help remembering the nature of our collapse 12 months ago...

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't seen us play in quite some time and though I've been aware of how bad we have been, it's really something to see it with my own eyes. Shocking stuff. Playing 4-4-2 and 3 of our midfielders can't run! Shocking defending for the goal. We are a total and utter shambles and those criminals in Pune are the reason.

Welcome to our world Roy.

Guest Norbert

No surprise so far with the tired, useless midfield. Get Williamson on. Or someone with legs. Murphy seems to be intent on giving away a penalty.

3 to go down looks like Bristol City, Huddersfield, and then it comes down to us or Peterborough I'd say. I get this funny feeling Barnsley will just get out of it.

Sheff Weds away will be gruesome for sure, I can see us conceding early there. Not been in bottom 3 all season, too many passengers, no balls, it's looking seriously gloomy.

LeChuck?

Whether in blind faith or probably stupidity, I've got a tenner at 50-1 riding on Cardiff winning at half time and Rovers to win.

Hoping for a divine intervention in the half time team talk on Easter Monday!

COYB FFS!

Think we will see 4-3-3 with Jones, Murphy and Peds in midfield 3 with Bentley and Kaz on the wings and Best up front on his own.

Best can hold the ball up better than Rhodes.

Cant believe how negative people are on here. ffs

Bowyer has made the changes he wants.

Bowyer has a gameplan, lets see how it work out.

Still feeling positive then Chaddy. It should be 5-0 to cardiiff FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lucky Murphy didn't give away a penalty. Only switched on part way through 1st half and that's the only contribution this waster has made.

The good news is that it's only 1-0 (when Cardiff should've been out of sight) and Cardiff got very antsy in the 2nd half vs Peterborough.

Am ok with dropping Rhodes if it improves the all round team performance, but the rest of the team is very oddly set up. Morris at lb, Murphy in cm. Am surprised to say this but I really think we're missing Lowe and his energy from the team.

What the hell is this bunch of nobodies doing at training all week? Playing FIFA13? Must be really bad at it as well. Apart from Bellamy Cardiff doesn't have any standout players if you ask me, but they do the basics and they do them well. Rovers on the other hand....we don't apply pressure when Cardiff have the ball and the Cardiff players must be pi$$ing themselves by how much time they get on the ball. Cardiff midfield pass and move - Rovers midfield lump and get out of the way....lazy doesn't even begin to cover it. Our players also seem totally devoid of basic football understanding and ability to read the play - i.e. where your teammates will/should be and what Cardiff are up to. It's just a total shambles and the only player worth his salt is Kean and even he has had some blunders today but not one leading to goals.

And like I've been saying all season: WE HAVE NO LEADER ON THE FIELD! How we miss a Samba, Nelsen, Tugay etc....someone to lead by example and raise the team. If we normal mortals had performed this badly in our daily jobs we would be fired or at least fined for inappropriate behaviour. League One here we come!

The teams around us are playing with some heart and it's such an even league that with that they can beat the higher teams. Doesn't apply for us though as we have no spirit at all so I can't see where the points we need are going to come from. Sheff Weds next week......gulp.

Guest Norbert

Ah, hadn't paid attention to the bench. Murphy off, Dunn on in that case, with Colin being a bit more withdrawn to add to the midfield when needed.

• Backroom

We don't really deserve to be in this division, the team just aren't good enough. We haven't played well for an entire match all season (4-1 P'Boro the exception).

A disgrace to type that sentence when you look at the team on paper and the amounts they're paid, but this is what happens when people with no idea about football run the show. Chaos.

Our odds to be relegated must be shortening by the day.

Archived