BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff City v. Blackburn Rovers, preview

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair comment Ricky. If he's injured then he's injured, nothing you can do about that.

If he isn't then I tend to agree with the poster above who said if he isn't dead he has to play. At the very least he should be on the bench in case of emergency.

He is on the bench.

And to the issue in general; It's not about whether he can or wants to play. I'm sure he can, and wants to. Most footballers try to come back too early from injury, play through minor injuries when they shouldn't etc. The decision to rest a player comes from the manager, perhaps on advice from the medical staff. Of course they could play every day, but the issue is simply that they won't be at their best after a while. The size of your pay check doesn't affect your body's ability to recover. Nor does it eliminate the increased risk of injury that comes from playing when not at peak fitness. Managers make the decision to rest a player on things like believing that player B at 100% fitness might be a better option than player A at 94%. That having player A at 100% for the next game is worth more than having him at 94% today and at 89% in the next game. It's not really comparable to the "average" job outside of sports.

phew...wonderful save from Kean and then Jones clears it off the line....how it's still 0-0.....

Edit: and then they score from the following corner - campbell totally unmarked on the back post - horrible defending

Has Bowyer lost it already? Away against League leaders, where is the work rate going to come from in this midfield? 3 players who haven't been playing and have been passengers when they have played. I can't think what was going through his mind.

All Cardiff now according to Cottee.

Bollux 1-0.

Have to agree with one or two comments above. Playing with Pedersen and Bentley is almost like playing with 9 men. Throw in Murphy and depending on whether he's on a going day or not you're almost down to 8 with 3 passengers potentially.

I haven't seen us play in quite some time and though I've been aware of how bad we have been, it's really something to see it with my own eyes. Shocking stuff. Playing 4-4-2 and 3 of our midfielders can't run! Shocking defending for the goal. We are a total and utter shambles and those criminals in Pune are the reason.

Archived