BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sheffield Wednesday vs Blackburn Rovers, Saturday 06/04 15.00pm

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot see us winning , it maybe a draw ..

Just hope we actually make an effort and break sweat ...

Danny Murphy should be told, to stay at home until the end of the season and not come within 20 miles of Ewood ,Brockhall or any ground where we are playing ...

I cannot see us winning , it maybe a draw ..

Just hope we actually make an effort and break sweat ...

Danny Murphy should be told, to stay at home until the end of the season and not come within 20 miles of Ewood ,Brockhall or any ground where we are playing ...

I would also confiscate his mobile phone and laptop.

Great preview. One of my earliest Rovers memories was a late-1970's game against Wednesday. They must have brought about 10k to Ewood, DE and paddock in Nuttall Street were full of 'em. Think it might have been a night match in either 1978 or 1979.. Anyone else there? Did we win?!

Think you're right there mate, i watched an episode of The Big Match Revisited recently from the 70's (1979 i think) and he was playing for Wednesday in a big FA Cup tie. Jack Charlton was their manager. Lowey must have come to us not lomg after.

1980 if memory serves me correct, I think we lost and Noel Brotherston scored for us.

Great preview. One of my earliest Rovers memories was a late-1970's game against Wednesday. They must have brought about 10k to Ewood, DE and paddock in Nuttall Street were full of 'em. Think it might have been a night match in either 1978 or 1979.. Anyone else there? Did we win?!

Think you're right there mate, i watched an episode of The Big Match Revisited recently from the 70's (1979 i think) and he was playing for Wednesday in a big FA Cup tie. Jack Charlton was their manager. Lowey must have come to us not lomg after.

Lost 2-1, 26,000 on that night. Both teams went up though.

I would start like this: Can someone please send these tactics to Bowyer...

Sandomierski

Kane (bombing down the right wing), Dann, Hanley, Olsson (bombing down the left wing)

Lowe, Williamsson, (doing the dirty job and passing.

King (attacking wing) , Dunn (in the hole), Kazim-Richards (attacking wing)

Rhodes or Best

Bench:

Jones

Best

Marcus Olsson

Josh Morris

Gomes

Stewart

ressie goalie

Drop Bentley, Murphy and Bentley after the terrible performerance at Cardiff.

I would start like this: Can someone please send these tactics to Bowyer...

Sandomierski

Kane (bombing down the right wing), Dann, Hanley, Olsson (bombing down the left wing)

Lowe, Williamsson, (doing the dirty job and passing.

King (attacking wing) , Dunn (in the hole), Kazim-Richards (attacking wing)

Rhodes or Best

Bench:

Jones

Best

Marcus Olsson

Josh Morris

Gomes

Stewart

ressie goalie

Drop Bentley, Murphy and Bentley after the terrible performerance at Cardiff.

Drop Bentley twice ? He must have been bad !

We will get beat. End of. Glad I had 50 on rovers to go down again after relegation at 150/1

Yeah sure you did.

Wasn't there an article in one of the nationals headline "Sleeping Giants" for the game.

Trying to avoid three successive relegations? Says it all really.

4-1 Rovers

This the odds for a Rovers win ? :rock:

Wouldn't be surprised with any result - we do have better players - but do they have the application and fight ? Returning players will (hopefully) make a huge difference to the fight in the team - I am hoping for at least a draw or a tight win.

I've tried but I really don't understand what the pun in that headline is trying to say.

Me neither, although I did get a little bit excited when I saw "Dann" and "drop" in the same sentence.

Archived