BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jake Keans Form

I haven't seen the goals yet, but id be surprised if dann didn't play a part in conceding at least 2 of them, either by ball watching, giving away possession in our halve or bad organisation at setpieces(that is as much the captains job as it is the keepers, right?)

not defending Kean, he's been awful this season, but our defence in general has been awful for years now(pretty much since dann became our main man back there).

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe time to give Eastwood a go in the goals for next game.

Kean need a break from the first team now. I big fan of his but just think its time to drop him.

From what I have seen of Eastwood he is no improvement on Kean. Indeed, I think he is worse. However, we cannot continue with Kean whilst he continues to make so many errors. Personally, I think our goalkeeping coach should have sorted out the flaws in his game. Instead of improving the lad seems to be going backwards with every game. I have been critical of Robinson in the past but we badly need him back. The defence has no confidence in Kean and it shows.

• Backroom

From what I have seen of Eastwood he is no improvement on Kean. Indeed, I think he is worse. However, we cannot continue with Kean whilst he continues to make so many errors. Personally, I think our goalkeeping coach should have sorted out the flaws in his game. Instead of improving the lad seems to be going backwards with every game. I have been critical of Robinson in the past but we badly need him back. The defence has no confidence in Kean and it shows.

I've not seen him away but last week at Ewood it was evident a few times that Dann doesn't trust him indeed he cleared one from right under his nose

Is Robbo fit yet? If so thats the answer, Given is yesterdays man, look at his Euro performances last summer.

Been saying it for months Its too early for Kean. Prevailing with him will ruin him permanently.

It was a poor error today although no real bearing on the result but he's been an accident waiting to happen recently. Sooner or later he'll make a big cock up and cost us a result of some sort again, it's coming. Shame because i thought he has the makings of a good keeper, don't know what's got into him. Yet again i'll question the quality of the coaching/advice he now gets, why has he gone backwards ? Can't be pressure as he had nowt to do today really and we were 2 nil down.

Kean may have a bright future, but right now he needs taking out of the firing line. The problem is, what is the backup like? Is Eastwood the answer? We certainly need to change things, as the back four will start to lose confidence.

One thing on Robinson, I heard a rumour from a good source, that he may not play for us again. His injury was so serious that insurance is now a problem, some won't cover him at all, and those that will, it's proving too costly for the club. Anyone able to verify this?

Getting in Given in would be a great shout and very experience keeper.

but hes on 60k a week at Villa. maybe pay 20k for 2 months till Robinson bk

£480k for Villa to pay and they would accept £20k from us and subsidise the rest??

Even if you meant £20k per week for two months that's still only £160k that Villa would save and still pay him £320k to NOT play for them.

We need to get used to pressing our faces up against shop windows during the cold month of January. The perversion that is the Premier League means that incomes allow them to have potential first team players in the bench whilst we blood youngsters. Some clubs have been doing this for years. We are just going to have to get used to it. That's if we are lucky enough not to freeze to death!

And before Venkys arrived we were sat in the warm drinking hot chocolate instead of out in the street. *sigh*

This drop Kean play Eastwood seems legit, but what it throws out is the goalkeeping coach and puts him in the spotlight as its he who recommended Eastwood, yet, hes also supposed to be working on improving Jake's overall game.

Agree with you 100%. I suggested likewise several months ago. Have no confidence in Keeley and still maintain Kean has gone backwards ever since the change in keeping coach.

I've not seen him away but last week at Ewood it was evident a few times that Dann doesn't trust him indeed he cleared one from right under his nose

likewise it also appears that he lacks the skill of communicating with his defence thus causing confusion. This could be down to lack of confidence. He could also lack confidence in his defenders as well.

This drop Kean play Eastwood seems legit, but what it throws out is the goalkeeping coach and puts him in the spotlight as its he who recommended Eastwood, yet, hes also supposed to be working on improving Jake's overall game.

Pretty obvious that we can save some wages there then.

I thought sacking bobby mimms as goalkeeping coach(along with every other coach, in the cull after Berg was sacked) was very unnecessary and a poor decision(surprise!) He was/is a very highly regarded GK coach before joining rovers and was at the club as a coach probably just as long as Bowyer.

Eastwood has got to play. Why sign a goalie if we isn't going to be considered when the current goalie is having such a bad time? Sure Kean will come back but he needs to be dropped now and talk of signing Given or anyone else for that matter is just madness in our current state.

• Backroom

Out of interest has anyone seen a worse all round keeper this season regardless of age? I seem to recall the Barnsley keeper was bad and Bogdan is in the Kean mold of being able to make a decent stop but utterly unreliable same with Paddy Kenny

Myself I wouldn't want us to shell out huge wages on Given as it may backfire, is Mark Bunn currently third choice at Norwich? It seemed a mistake at the time letting him go

He is far from the sole reason we have struggled at times this season but not many teams will progress with a keeper with such obvious flaws

Eastwood has got to play. Why sign a goalie if we isn't going to be considered when the current goalie is having such a bad time? Sure Kean will come back but he needs to be dropped now and talk of signing Given or anyone else for that matter is just madness in our current state.

Same reason we apparently signed Songo'o but won't bring him on when the time calls, cheap squad fillers

Kean is too young to be playing in a first team. he is a keeper with good potential but not a superstar in the making.

Asking a 22 year old Goalkeeper with some serious handling issues to play week in week out is madness and will end up with him becoming disenchanted in the long run in my opinion.

Get that nice Polish goalie back

We ran away at the first valuation. Yet we paid for Marshall.....hmmmm

I must be one of the few who would leave Kean where he is. We've no viable alternative at the moment and ditching Kean now could destroy him and leave us with yet another lump to get rid of.

• Backroom

As dodgy as Jake has sometimes been this season, he is still streets ahead of Bunn.

Getting Robbo back fit should be our priority.

Really? I'm not sure I've seen a worse keeper in the nets for us at Ewood since Fettis

Although that isn't saying much as we were blessed for most of that time with Brad

• Backroom

As dodgy as Jake has sometimes been this season, he is still streets ahead of Bunn.

Based on what? I don't remember Bunn dropping a clanger every single match. I'm pretty sure Jake won't be getting a crack at the Premier League any time soon either.

Archived