BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jake Keans Form

Didn't Kean keep Rovers in the game with a double-save in the first half?

Being picky but if Kean had dealt with the original shot better rather than just beating it back towards the on coming Burnley players it needn't have been a double save.

The second save was a good save though.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I watched it back and the first shot was poor handling of an easy strike and the second he would have literally had to dive out of the way for it to go in although his position was decent

He is a decent shot stopper but that wasn't particularly tricky goalkeeping

Didn't Kean keep Rovers in the game with a double-save in the first half?

Don't believe everything you read from the Rovers official twitter feed. The first 'save' was poor handling which brought about the necessity for the second save.

For me Jake is struggling at the moment and he does not inspire confidence.

Don't believe everything you read from the Rovers official twitter feed. The first 'save' was poor handling which brought about the necessity for the second save.

For me Jake is struggling at the moment and he does not inspire confidence.

Agreed and more reason to get off his back and be supportive as we don't have a fit, viable alternative.

I wouldn't say Jake Kean is out of form etc but I think a loan bid for Friedel would be a good idea. Won't have too long left in his career, therefore wouldn't keep Jake out of the team for too long. Would also teach him a hell of a lot.

Kean has not been amazing recently. With a better team in front of him the rovers goalkeeping brief is changing. From previously having to stop a lot of shots, it is now about keeping concentration for those 3ish times in a game when we need a quality save and to hold onto it. Kean is certainly struggling to hold on to much.

I would stick with kean, he has the physical attributes and age on his side. With coaching and experience i think he will become solid.

And for all those wishing robbo was back i would advise caution - anything hard and low and it goes past robbo. And he will only get worse.

I'm quite comfortable posting an opinion on a messageboard thanks. In my book that doesn't constitute being, "on his back".

Exactly, no ones having a go, we are having a discussion on his form & ability. At a game I like all other fans will back him, and hope he does well.

I'm quite comfortable posting an opinion on a messageboard thanks. In my book that doesn't constitute being, "on his back".

Misinterpreted I believe. I did say I agreed with your previous post but I'm sure you would agree that continuous scrutiny and criticism of a young goalkeeper who already feels under pressure will hardly be a confidence booster.

Good job Lowe played as well, then. Everyone needs a scapegoat.

Hmmm........reading that post I'm reminded of the old saying "Form is temporary, class is permanent". Kean's a good young keeper experiencing an indifferent patch of form.

Lowe as a midfielder has no ability therefore will never improve in that position. All imo of course.

Hmmm........reading that post I'm reminded of the old saying "Form is temporary, class is permanent". Kean's a good young keeper experiencing an indifferent patch of form.

Lowe as a midfielder has no ability therefore will never improve in that position. All imo of course.

We all know your opinion of Lowe. No need to keep repeating it. Pederson has gone and now you have a new whipping boy. Who is next when Lowe is not in the team?

• Backroom

Good job Lowe played as well, then. Everyone needs a scapegoat.

Nobody said he wasn't a decent shot stopper but its his decision making that has been poor this season and has contributed to our downfall a few times

Nobody said he wasn't a decent shot stopper but its his decision making that has been poor this season and has contributed to our downfall a few times

The knives have been out at the first dip in form. There's also been some dispute over whether he actually has been at fault for goals recently. The Burnley one, for instance, people were quick to blame him, whereas others credited it as a well placed strike and/or put it down to a lack of closing down.

It's hard to believe that this is the same keeper who put out a Brad-level performance last season to knock-out Arsenal.

If we had options he should definitely be benched to reexamine himself and hopefully get back into form in the future when called. You can't keep playing a keeper who is low and confidence and is shipping goals like there's no tomorrow. Robinson was a strong reason for our relegation, because we didn't replace him at all.

But we don't have options, thanks to Venkys, so we're stuffed.

I don't think Kean necessarily needs dropping, esp when our alternatives are limited. Man Yoo could've easily lost faith with David de Gea after his high-profile gaffes, but instead they stuck with him and now he's established himself as numero uno. Most young goalkeepers out there are going to make mistakes, that's the nature of their game developing more gradually than outfield players. Joe Hart's considered England's finest and he's still error-prone at 26. Personally, I think we're suffering from the Friedel factor and expect Kean to be reaching the same dizzy heights. Until he's shown to be a liability on a consistent basis, I would keep him between the sticks because he's a promising goalkeeper and can only improve with experience.

I don't think Kean necessarily needs dropping, esp when our alternatives are limited. Man Yoo could've easily lost faith with David de Gea after his high-profile gaffes, but instead they stuck with him and now he's established himself as numero uno. Most young goalkeepers out there are going to make mistakes, that's the nature of their game developing more gradually than outfield players. Joe Hart's considered England's finest and he's still error-prone at 26. Personally, I think we're suffering from the Friedel factor and expect Kean to be reaching the same dizzy heights. Until he's shown to be a liability on a consistent basis, I would keep him between the sticks because he's a promising goalkeeper and can only improve with experience.

The modern keeper has almost to be as good with his feet as he is with his hands. This is a real weakness in Kean and I really wouldn't know how the coaching staff can improve this. I watched the keepers warm up on Saturday and even under no pressure his kicks were well wide of their intended target.

The contrast between the kicking of both keepers last night could not have been more stark.

Does anybody know how far of full fitness Robinson is?

I still think Kean will become a very good goalkeeper, but he needs a break and we need some experience(Robinson) in that end of the pitch.

Doubt we'll see Robbo between the sticks again. Wages far too high and he'd surely have gone before now if he hadn't have got this latest serious setback.

T.J.Newton, on 18 Sept 2013 - 7:19 PM, said:snapback.png

Does anybody know how far of full fitness Robinson is?

I still think Kean will become a very good goalkeeper, but he needs a break and we need some experience(Robinson) in that end of the pitch.

Doubt we'll see Robbo between the sticks again. Wages far too high and he'd surely have gone before now if he hadn't have got this latest serious setback

On Sky's Goals on Sunday few week back he said November time. He was at Burnley game so maybe suggests its not over yet??

Archived