BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool vs. Blackburn Rovers- Saturday 26/10/13 3pm.

K-Hod

I think some people are overreacting to our performance and result on the messageboard that haven't seen the game.

Firstly it was a disgrace to get into the stadium almost 10 minutes after kick off considering that I got there at 2.50. Everyone had to queue around the block to have their tickets checked by a couple of stewards, and then go in and use a further electronic turnstile.

Anyway, our best 2 players in my opinion were Judge and Cairney. They linked very well with the overlapping Kane, with one move in particular seeing Judge turn brilliantly but Gilks saved his shot. I think Judge is alot better than Marshall and suited the number 10 role with Cairney helping. King was quieter but grew into the game.

Kean again was far from convincing, and although his penalty was good, Rhodes looked off the pace, there were a couple of occasions where he could have run through but he couldn't get the ball under his control and run on quickly enough.

We deserved something from the game, and for me the sending offs helped us in that the game massively opened up, we went all guns blazing and got some luck with the own goal.

No real problems from me regarding Best as he dragged Campbell away from more trouble, when I saw him run on I kind of expected him to start fighting.

Absolutely as I saw and experienced it. I do think we pass the ball around, backwards and in front of teams too much. All too rare the incisive pass to get in behind defences. Lets hope this is rectified with returns from injury.

Also, I thought the ref gave us very little all afternoon.

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely as I saw and experienced it. I do think we pass the ball around, backwards and in front of teams too much. All too rare the incisive pass to get in behind defences. Lets hope this is rectified with returns from injury.

Never a truer statement, the refs are totally gash in the championship.

I haven't read the thread but just having got home, today was appalling all round for me.

Rovers for me were generally garbage. I'm beginning to have a general rethink with regards to Kean and Rhodes.

Blackpools' second goal was a shocker from a defensive and Kean perspective. Narrow the angle? He needs to buck up!

Rhodes was atrocious again today for me. I've supported him to the hilt previously but he does need to up his game and contribute much more if he has serious aspirations to be a good 'un.

The day in a shithole was just that and the train journey home did nothing to reaffirm a positive belief in the human race!

So much for previous positive thinking!

I reckon it's down to tattoos. Most players who have tattoos have a screw loose - anyone who deliberately goes through pain to get ridiculous looking drawings scrawled on their bodies must be in some way demented. Hence the correlation between tattooed footballers and irrational behaviour on the field. In the old days non tattooed nutters got sent off for doing a hatchet job on the opposition main man, now it's for some pathetic handbags job, or a second yellow for arguing. Moral, don't pick players who have tattoos, they are unpredictable nutters.

After seeing the goal I think that once again it's rank bad goalkeeping from Kean

He was slightly unsighted but that shot shouldn't be going in from there

I agree, I was at the match and really disappointed with that goal. Kean seemed to watch it as though he was expecting it to go wide. I wanted him closely today and I have to say I do feel he is a liability. Lacking in confidence and for a big keeper, does not impose himself and I do believe the defenders are expecting a mistake from him, at every juncture. He should be more commanding, he never came for the ball once, in the whole 90 minutes.

As many a good manager has said, you build your team from the back and I do believe we need a new keeper. Robinson may be the answer, but I see no sign of him returning just yet. Not too sure about the other keepers on our books, but it does need sorting.

I haven't read the thread but just having got home, today was appalling all round for me.

Rovers for me were generally garbage. I'm beginning to have a general rethink with regards to Kean and Rhodes.

Blackpools' second goal was a shocker from a defensive and Kean perspective. Narrow the angle? He needs to buck up!

Rhodes was atrocious again today for me. I've supported him to the hilt previously but he does need to up his game and contribute much more if he has serious aspirations to be a good 'un.

The day in a shithole was just that and the train journey home did nothing to reaffirm a positive belief in the human race!

So much for previous positive thinking!

I agree with all of that and would like to add what a disgrace It was that us fans were left outside the stadium at kick off, with 4 turnstiles to accommodate 2,200 fans and one of those broke down. The police advised us to complain to the club, as they could see the frustrations of about 500 fans het up at missing the kick off. It is hard to believe that this stadium was passed for the premier league, just 4 seasons ago.

Felt that the midfield had a decent balance in terms of work rate in the centre, a bit of technique and an out ball on the left. Must say that I also feel that we don't do enough with the ball. We struggle to create enough chances for me, we look much better with a 5 man midfield though.

I agree with all of that and would like to add what a disgrace It was that us fans were left outside the stadium at kick off, with 4 turnstiles to accommodate 2,200 fans and one of those broke down. The police advised us to complain to the club, as they could see the frustrations of about 500 fans het up at missing the kick off. It is hard to believe that this stadium was passed for the premier league, just 4 seasons ago.

Couldn't agree more. Total farce.

I was sat in the Blackpool end where the DJ incident happened, Best was only on the pitch to drag Campbell away and stop him getting into further trouble. The whole thing was started by the Blackpool defender, but admittedly Campbell reacted, but he didn't have much choice.

I wasn't impressed with the rovers players reactions, to a man they hid away from it. (Apart from best) It's no wonder we were totally out muscled al game by their defence we've no steel in the team.

Played some better football second half, but missing some quality linkup with Rhodes. Without Dunn or Rochina he gives nothing, not s fault but we just can't create any chances. It was 16 mins before he touched the ball today, and that is no joke.

Kean is nowhere near as good as Robbo. One clean sheet all season suggests that we have serious defensive problems. No one to bark instructions, lack of quality in front of back four. Basics need to be sorted if we are to challenge for top 6.

Seemingly Michael bleeding Appleton tied us into it. Judging by Campbell's comments shortly before the start of the season he wasn't particularly over the moon to be here and the arrangement didn't seem to suit Bowyer either if the rumours about trying to offload him before he started were correct.

I'm a bit confused over the Best situatuon. Was he sent off or yellow carded? As useless as I think he's been on the oitch thus far I can't see what all the fuss is about if he was merely trying to protect DJ and picked up a yellow for his trouble.

Best received a yellow card after the fourth official pointed out to the referee that Best had gone on the field. In fact when Best left the field he raced down the tunnel and the fourth official sent a policeman after him to bring him back. He was somewhat unfortunate in that he was trying to pull Campbell away from the brawl. With a transfer embargo looming in the summer and with the likes of Rhodes and one or two others likely to depart, one suspects that Best and Campbell will feature fairly regularly next season.

And how many clean sheets did robbo have Giant?

Robbo had the worst record in the league for conceding from range. Some ridiculous percentage of shots to goal ratio.

I think we should have bought a decent keeper in over the summer.

And how many clean sheets did robbo have Giant?

Robbo had the worst record in the league for conceding from range. Some ridiculous percentage of shots to goal ratio.

I think we should have bought a decent keeper in over the summer.

Exactly.

People talking about Robbo as our lord and saviour are deluding themselves.

He's just as susceptible as Kean from distance, imo.

Exactly.

People talking about Robbo as our lord and saviour are deluding themselves.

He's just as susceptible as Kean from distance, imo.

I wouldn't disagree with that although I do wonder how long Robinson has been suffering from back problems. For me Robinson's greatest weakness is his near post - he concedes far too many goals in that area. Having said that, I do believe that we need to find an alternative to Kean if only to keep the lad on his toes. I suspect he knows that Eastwood is unlikely to shift him and although we have a very promising young Spanish 'keeper, the lad is too young to put in the first team. We really ought to have paid £1 million for the Polish lad we had last season rather than taking Eastwood on a free. Blackpool's second goal today was really very poor - although the outfield players hardly covered themselves in glory in the build up to the goal.

I reckon it's down to tattoos. Most players who have tattoos have a screw loose - anyone who deliberately goes through pain to get ridiculous looking drawings scrawled on their bodies must be in some way demented. Hence the correlation between tattooed footballers and irrational behaviour on the field. In the old days non tattooed nutters got sent off for doing a hatchet job on the opposition main man, now it's for some pathetic handbags job, or a second yellow for arguing. Moral, don't pick players who have tattoos, they are unpredictable nutters.

Give me ' Killer Keeley ' anyday.

Proper reasons to be set off !

I agree that we should've invested in some proper competition for Kean over the summer. Eastwood strikes me as a third-choice keeper, and there's question marks over Robbo's future. You're right about Sandomierski. I think he would've been worth taking a punt on and might have given Kean the impetus to maintain his level of performance from last season. He could be forgiven for being a little complacent with limited competition in the squad.

I agree that we should've invested in some proper competition for Kean over the summer. Eastwood strikes me as a third-choice keeper, and there's question marks over Robbo's future. You're right about Sandomierski. I think he would've been worth taking a punt on and might have given Kean the impetus to maintain his level of performance from last season. He could be forgiven for being a little complacent with limited competition in the squad.

To me, kean has seemed nervous rather than complacent. I am never confident that he is going to make a save or claim a cross and i don't think he is. But he is young for a keeper and i expect his decision making to improve. Robbo is not the answer in my opinion - anything hard and low was in - and that was before this big injury. Sandomierski was good, as was bunn - we have let some good ones go.

On another point i am not chuffed about the little groups within our team. For example best getting on well with dj but clearly not rhodes. If rhodes and best played close together then, like we had with gallagher and sutton, best could provide some useful knock downs for rhodes. As it is they play so far apart that the efforts of one rarely create for the other. It's like2 lone strikers. Generally i think best lacks maturity and intelligence as well as ability. Shame we are stuck with him

No real problems from me regarding Best as he dragged Campbell away from more trouble, when I saw him run on I kind of expected him to start fighting.

Player runs on to break up a fight even though he might have been angered to join in. Sounds like the kind of act that could be a FIFA Fair Play award nomination. Instead he is booked and fined. Isn't football great.

Player runs on to break up a fight even though he might have been angered to join in. Sounds like the kind of act that could be a FIFA Fair Play award nomination. Instead he is booked and fined. Isn't football great.

He had no right to go on the pitch. The yellow card was for entering the field of play without the referees permission. What if a few more Rovers substitutes had decided to do the same? As I said earlier it was a totally unprofessional act from somebody who has previous in this respect. The referee dealt with the incident, the two main protagonists were sent off and I will be amazed if the referee doesn't report both clubs and requests that the FA view the incident for further acts of misconduct unseen by the officials. At the very least a charge of failing to control their players will be levelled at both clubs I think.

He had no right to go on the pitch. The yellow card was for entering the field of play without the referees permission.

Agreed. But it could be argued that his intentions were good. Despite the fact he would have known he would get booked, perhaps he thought he might save his teammate a red.

All this nonsense about "protecting team mates" - when did anyone last see a proper punch or head butt thrown which could actually injure or hurt someone?

it's all Macho posturing and posing, pushing, prodding and making scary faces without the least intention of throwing even the mildest of winter warmers - I can't recall ever seeing anyone come out of one of these absurd melees with a black eye or broken nose which is what happens when people really

John Scales gave Shearer a black eye in a melee back in 1994 a few days before we beat united 2-0 at ewood.

As for Best, he shouldn't be on the pitch in the incident but its hardly a hanging offence. However he's obviously got involved in more down the tunnel to be escourted away by the police.Both he and DJ have been liabilities to this club since the days they arrived

Seemingly Michael bleeding Appleton tied us into it. Judging by Campbell's comments shortly before the start of the season he wasn't particularly over the moon to be here and the arrangement didn't seem to suit Bowyer either if the rumours about trying to offload him before he started were correct.

The detritus left by previous managers whether corrupt, on the make or just incompetent (and we've had em all since Nov 2010) is crippling the club and is a strong argument for a long period of stability under the current one. He might not be a Fergy or a Wenger but someone like him is necessary for the club to recover financially and the squad to become a team with a purpose instead of a collection of individuals and a rag bag of assorted accountants, managers, lawyers and agents on the make.

One thing that stood out was how appalling Scott Dann is with the ball, he either hoofs it forward or plays a hospital pass to one of the midfield, complete donkey. I'd play Hanley and Killganon when he's back.

I have no problem with players fighting , part of the game and always as been ....

But Best and Campbell appear to be 2 wasters ...

They never do fight though do they? It's all just handbag swinging by a bunch of overpaid puffs. if rumours are correct the days of Todd seeking retribution in the opponents dressing room after the match and the likes of Billy Whitehurst scrapping for recreational purposes and Tommy Smith bouncing in his own club in Livvie are long gone.

Archived