BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City v Rovers Third Round Replay

Paul

• Replies 663
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Deepdale promotion 2001 was in stripes (as were other successes) - whilst these aren't as offensive as basic red they are still unhelpful for the crowd.

The Wembley play off win v Leicester is a pretty good example of the power of the yellow kit - it even made George Courtney an acceptable ref.

Aye no mistaking the chants of 'Yellows Yellows' booming around Wembley that day. One of those simple things that just unites everybody from the start.

• Backroom

To me the best ever away kit was the red and black halves. I really liked that shirt.

Even better when we used it as a third kit with the black crown paints sponsor

Shame they didn't sell that one

To me the best ever away kit was the red and black halves. I really liked that shirt.

I agree completely. Everything was just right about that shirt.

In fact having seen how good that shirt looked I've been passionately of the belief since that we should have a halved away strip permanently so that the halves, both home and away, are completely synonymous with Blackburn Rovers.

Only the colours and trim should change each year for marketing purposes.

Embarrassing.

Can't believe I'm actually seeing comments of this stupidity.

We played the best team in the country and were always going to get walloped. We played fantastically in the home tie and well in the first half of yesterdays game.

If it really is embarrassing for some people, perhaps they were supporting the wrong team last night and should start following City instead.

War Courtney the ref for the '92 play-off final?

22 years ago now, how depressing.

Yes, it was his last game. Forgotten that!

Dodgy penalty but he owed us that after his disgraceful performance in the play-off final at Selhurst Park.

• Moderation Lead

It was nice was that. The ones from the early 90s- the AC Milan style one, and the black one with thin red stripes were favourites of mine.

First half we played well. Man City created very little and we looked comfortable. The goal just before half time obviously changed the game completely and in the second half we got torn apart. A lot better teams than ourselves have had the same thing happen so far this season and it will happen to others. I'm not overly disappointed. The score line makes it look worse than it was. But we have bigger fish to fry and the game on Saturday is bigger deal for me and is another massive test of our promotion aspirations.

I agree completely. Everything was just right about that shirt.

In fact having seen how good that shirt looked I've been passionately of the belief since that we should have a halved away strip permanently so that the halves, both home and away, are completely synonymous with Blackburn Rovers.

Only the colours and trim should change each year for marketing purposes.

I'd go with a halved kit Simon, it's logical. Although tbf I did really like the black with red pin stripes. Worst away kit ever was that bloody burnt orange abomination.

Dodgy penalty but he owed us that after his disgraceful performance in the play-off final at Selhurst Park.

He gave us two rem.

Yellow is a repulsive colour for a kit, the chant sounds retarded, and who would want to chant about the colour of the team in our away kit anyway? It's not our 'true' colour, so who cares.

Red and black halves for the win. Red and black stripes was great too.

Yellow is a repulsive colour for a kit, the chant sounds retarded, and who would want to chant about the colour of the team in our away kit anyway? It's not our 'true' colour, so who cares.

Red and black halves for the win. Red and black stripes was great too.

Yellloooooow yeweelllooow was best /loudest chant when we wore it ... Defiantly the best away kits we ever had. Unless we change to orange & have Manning on it .

Yellloooooow yeweelllooow was best /loudest chant when we wore it ... Defiantly the best away kits we ever had. Unless we change to orange & have Manning on it .

Many years ago I went with a few friends to watch Bolton away in cup game against some Midlands team (can't remember who) as some of these friends where at Aston Uni, we made a night out of it

Bolton fans were singing COME ON YOU YELLOWS, which was sh1t, so we started singing Yelloooooows Yellooooows, and these Bolton fans around us just looked at us in amazement.

Within 5 minutes the rest of the Bolton fans had cottoned on and made one hell of a noise when they all sang it.. Still makes me laugh how they couldn't get it right in the first place

I seem to remember we played Brighton at home that season and he made some dodgy decisions in our favour then as well.

Archived