• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Rovers in full control won 2-1. Liverpool manager says it was the worst performance of the season so we must have done something well Gave away a sloppy goal 10 min before the end. Keeper came flappin

Chaddy, it is impossible to defend the kick-off time for the Burnley game.  It's another kick in the teeth for supporters.  I can attend but friends who work can't attend.  If I had been working I wou

Excellent performance by the Under-21's last night at St. George's Park - and what an outstanding venue that is.   We really ought to have won by more than one and controlled the game for long pe

Posted Images

2-0 Rovers in 25 mins. Look very assured and together. Pike is tearing their left back a new one. Nolan cool as a cucumber in front of goal.

Edited by WIR Second Coming

Do we have any sort of settled 11 for the Academy?

It seems to be a different side every time I see them - with Thompson having disappeared off the face of the earth!

On 05/03/2021 at 20:31, Sparks Rover said:

Well, I have since he was 12 as I've mentioned many times, only to get the piss taken. 

Shits all over Bucko, Larry and the rest his age. Mowbray is a twat and hasn't got a clue.

Another shit show down brockhall.

He will come good.

I mean he's 22. He's past being a prospect at this point. 

I saw him play once for the Academy and he didn't stand out at all. 

Good luck to him (except at Burnley), but he's clearly not good enough. 

30 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I mean he's 22. He's past being a prospect at this point. 

I saw him play once for the Academy and he didn't stand out at all. 

Good luck to him (except at Burnley), but he's clearly not good enough. 

I mean, you watching him once far out trumps my watching him for years...mate, you are entitled to your opinion as am I.

There will be nobbers fans who were saying exact same thing about Dolan.  It's all about opinions.  Although if you only saw him once I'm not sure if your opinion is that valid.

Watching this game shows that we have some good youngsters coming through. The football is pleasant to watch, the team play fir each other and is full of running. Impressed with the left back Cirino and forward Burns. 

It’s on YouTube live now

25 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I mean, you watching him once far out trumps my watching him for years...mate, you are entitled to your opinion as am I.

There will be nobbers fans who were saying exact same thing about Dolan.  It's all about opinions.  Although if you only saw him once I'm not sure if your opinion is that valid.

I saw him once when he was a 21 year old in the Academy - he should be bossing the game at that age.

You seem to think that everyone is wrong about him and he's a world beater. Good luck to you.

5 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I saw him once when he was a 21 year old in the Academy - he should be bossing the game at that age.

You seem to think that everyone is wrong about him and he's a world beater. Good luck to you.

Not a world beater,  never said that. I said better than Bucko which wouldn't be on the same level as a world beater.  

You stick to putting players down after watching them for 1 game....👍

Burnley are interested apparently, why would that be? Do you think they watched him once? 🙄

Edited by Sparks Rover

Very impressive display..

They all know the formation and how to play it. 

8 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I still cant really understand how they can be so dominant at under 23 levels yet none of the side is close to the first team. Surely some should be pushing?

Is the manager willing to play Pike or Eastham or Burns or McBride or Durrant? 

Also alot of these players have been playing together for under 16's to u18 to now the under 23's. So they understand each other game plus Billy Barr and Mike Sheron have worked with them for a number of years now

Edited by chaddyrovers
6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

I still cant really understand how they can be so dominant at under 23 levels yet none of the side is close to the first team. Surely some should be pushing?

Because they're still young and Championship football is a massive leap in standard from U23's. 

Pike has to be worth a look end of this season/next season doesn't he?

Can't see Nyambe being here so we might have our replacement already lined up given half a chance.

In answering the question posed, this squad is getting experience, it’s impressive to watch and it is very clear each player knows his position and what is expected of him as part of the team. The passing is crisp at times and the football flows across the pitch, it really is good to see.

In saying all of this these players are kids and are still growing. Some need to fill out but be in little doubt there are several who could easily make the grade. Billy Barr and his staff have done very well and continue to do so. 

In today’s game Southampton players were bigger in stature but each and every Rovers player stood up to be counted. It should have been 7 or 8 because they create chance after chance from all parts of the pitch.

If this is the future for our club then long may it continue.

Pike, Burns, Whitehall, Cirino and Anniesley were all impressive.

I will say this - whoever scouts for our Academy does a bloody good job.

McBride and Nolan stand out in that side - they're both products of other Academies. Seems like a lot of our players are cast offs from elsewhere.

39 minutes ago, rigger said:

What has happened to Thompson, anyone ?

Weird one. LRC seems to be doing well and LT can't get a look in now. Baffling as I was a huge fan but sometimes players can stop progressing for one reason or another. Happens at different stages for different players I suppose.