BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Newport

Huh? I mooted improved fitness as a possible reason why we looked so comfortable down to ten. You discounted that and inferred that, because we are two leagues above them, we should be automatically running rings around the 'lesser' team.

I agree with everything in your second post but it doesn't tally with the tone of your first.

I think you had better read my post again, as I did not Infer that al all. How what I posted can be miss construed as me inferring that we should be running rings around the lesser team is beyond me. Perhaps I am missing something though.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Just posted the same thing about Evans on another thread. He's Mr Anonymous, doesn't get forward, doesn't put a tackle in, too lightweight for a DM. It was his man that got a free shot for their goal.

He's got a good agent to get another 3.5 years out of us.

Seems to attract a lot less criticism than Akpan due to just not being noticed; Akpan did a lot wrong today but was everywhere on the pitch, Evans just did nothing.

Just posted the same thing about Evans on another thread. He's Mr Anonymous, doesn't get forward, doesn't put a tackle in, too lightweight for a DM. It was his man that got a free shot for their goal.

He's got a good agent to get another 3.5 years out of us.

Hopefully it ensures we get a reasonable fee for him.

I think you had better read my post again, as I did not Infer that al all. How what I posted can be miss construed as me inferring that we should be running rings around the lesser team is beyond me. Perhaps I am missing something though.

Well we'll have to agree to disagree then.

Seems to attract a lot less criticism than Akpan due to just not being noticed; Akpan did a lot wrong today but was everywhere on the pitch, Evans just did nothing.

Akpan reminds me of Mokoena, better off the ball than with it, but he puts a shift in, and does try and get forward. First choice in CM for me at the moment.

Well we'll have to agree to disagree then.

Yes I guess so, but here is your post and my reply.

danger19_80, on 18 Jan 2016 - 10:11 PM, said:snapback.png

Possibly reaping benefit of new fitness regime in this one. Wouldn't know we were a man down.

Or two leagues above the opposition.

Much improved second half performance and we did deserve to win in the end. Agree with whoever said that they thought both red cards were harsh. Brown's was a borderline red card and I think he can consider himself slightly unlucky to be sent off for that so early in the game. I think he might have got away with a yellow without the soft penalty immediately beforehand and the fact that the lad ended up stretchered off. Their keeper - if you apply the letter of the law - was a yellow card only as Conway was clearly going away from goal at a pace that would have made it difficult to score, to say the least. Conway was canny though.

Hopefully Jordan will go on a scoring spree now.

Also thought Lambert managed the game quite well with his substitutions tonight.

Only noticed Evans was playing when his mug appeared on screen a couple of minutes before half time. He's a lucky fella earning what he does.

Yes I guess so, but here is your post and my reply.

danger19_80, on 18 Jan 2016 - 10:11 PM, said:snapback.png

Or two leagues above the opposition.

To be fair 1arC I can see why the poster thought you were disagreeing with him, it can be read as though you are - I certainly thought so but fair do's you clearly weren't.

Good summation that Tom. I can forgive Akpan his mistakes because he never hides.

It was an obvious red card and unbelievably stupid. Virtually no time to equalise and makes a stupid challenge like that to get suspended. Can't believe the Newport fans were clapping him. If I was in charge there he would never play for the club again.

Nonsense.

Do you think Newport can afford to drop their, presumably, number 1 keeper and not play him again?

It was a harsh sending off, time was up and our mans first touch was rubbish, he would never have got there.

Did you apply for the Newport job?

Are you still a City fan?

How many attempts on target did we have?

3 on target. Same as Newport.

Delighted we are through, all things considered.

Controlled the 2nd half.

JR won me 47.00 quid. He was 9.5 to one to score the 3rd!

Thought Marshall was the stand out performer. I still think he's wasted at RB.

Vitally important second half considering what was at stake in terms of the team and Lambert really starting to lose the fans. I've no doubt the knives were being sharpened at half time by those who almost seem to relish us doing badly, so it was satisfying to see the team role their sleeves up and do the job.

And it shouldn't be dismissed as an easy job. The quality gap between League 2 and the Championship is certainly a lot smaller than the one between the Premiership and League 1 and look at how Man U laboured at home against Sheffield Utd with 11 men. Credit to the usual grafters like Taylor, Akpan and Hanley. Newport spent a lot of the game trying to rough us up and those guys are the reason it mostly didn't work.

You missed a very good second half from us and I think we can take a lot from winning a game where we had 10 men for 80 minutes of it.

Fantastic result all things considered.

Fantastic result may be going overboard IMO

I appreciate that we played with 10 men and any win is a positive result, but I still think we needed to dominate more to get a bit of a confidence boost. I think Charlton are a well timed opportunity to galvanise a team against the lads who've shipped 11 in two games.

I can't believe anyone watching their own team would turn off a game half way through! I just can't get my head round that.

Just didn't fancy it, haven't enjoyed any rovers games since the first half against Forest. I kept in touch with the score still but spent the time doing something else. Felt good to win again after 7 games and Rhodes bagging is a boost.

Archived