BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham City At Home

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's amazing that, even in the 2nd tier of English football, you get to play against big clubs like this.

I'm sure the main club of Britains 'second city' will bring tremendous support and we will have to match that.

I just hope the lads don't freeze playing against a club of this stature.

0-4

Can someone please explain the formation to me again. When did Gomez/Lenihan/Evans become a winger?

They didn't, they play narrow. When we attack Evans drops back to create a back 3 allowing Marshall and Spurr to create width.

Steele,

Marshall, Duffy, Hanley ©, Spurr,

Evans,

Lenihan, Bennett,

J. Gomez,

Watt, Graham

When defending...

Steele,

Duffy, Evans, Hanley ©,

Marshall, Spurr,

Lenihan, Evans, Bennett,

J. Gomez,

Watt, Graham

When attacking.

Agreed JB but think Gomez and ennett are swapped.

Think Gomez plays as number ten, just seems Bennett plays higher up because he's got iron lungs so he's all over the place.

It's amazing that, even in the 2nd tier of English football, you get to play against big clubs like this.

I'm sure the main club of Britains 'second city' will bring tremendous support and we will have to match that.

I just hope the lads don't freeze playing against a club of this stature.

0-4

It is not that many years ago (4 or 5) that they brought around 100 fans to Ewood for an evening game. Micky Mouse team and Micky Mouse fans.

Get well soon Preston.

Thanks, much appreciated. Flipping sciatica again :-((

They didn't, they play narrow. When we attack Evans drops back to create a back 3 allowing Marshall and Spurr to create width.

Another reason why we really need a new LB, if that's Lambert's preferred formation.

• Backroom

Probably our strongest team. All we need now is Lowe back and we will be rolling on.

Hope your feeling ok - dont worry I can provide my dull thoughts on here in real time

Tough game ahead but that's about the best use of our squad I think, Gomez has to be in better form than weekend or our main creative force is neutered.

Very quiet on the message board tonight - yes, best team. Can't be there but hope for a good come back, ready for Saturday too. Strong end to the season, just to show the money men/women there might be something worth investing in.

Yet again, if there's a rich Rovers fan ready to step in?

Im still hopeful Guthrie comes back and gets fit. If he is firing he is a very good midfielder. Technically a cut above anyone else we have except Jordi and Marshall. Had some poor performances but who hasnt in this squad?

Sort of player who could make a difference.

• Backroom

Im still hopeful Guthrie comes back and gets fit. If he is firing he is a very good midfielder. Technically a cut above anyone else we have except Jordi and Marshall. Had some poor performances but who hasnt in this squad?

Sort of player who could make a difference.

Not convinced by Guthrie at all. His fitness has been poor for a long time now, that isn't going away, and he has contributed nothing remotely close to Gomez or Marshall in his few appearances so far.

Very much hoping he'll be given the boot in the summer. The last thing we need are injury prone has-beens clogging up squad places.

• Backroom

Some really fluid stuff from us so far although Spurr targeted early on as a weak link

Odd observation - not sure the ref has had to blow his whistle yet

Archived