BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Renew Or Not Renew

Nine of us in our group ... likely to increase to eleven next season.

Respect for that ES but I never get were you are coming from either

Joking head on , so take this as its intended as it meant as just a lads 'quip' remark in the pub - are you related to David Koresh? ( google him if unaware who it is)

• Replies 902
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No I'm not I'm just stating my OPINION that it's not fair to say that anyone who criticises the protests outcome as "blaming the fans".

I don't dislike anyone personally either!

You are pompous though, certainly some feeling of superiority seems to come through. For some reason.....

There is a certain inevitability about all this and I base that assumption on nothing else (no tittle tattle or gossip) other than history we have had so far with the raving lunatics. I believe that they will not spend and therefore Lambert will walk and another season of real frustration and struggle will ensue. Meanwhile the supporter base disintegrates and we will end up with gates of around 8000.

I really try and be positive where Rovers are concerned but I honestly can't find anything at the moment.

It's been said for a while by those who've seen it before that we are truly returning to the level of pre Jack so as you say history shows the gates will follow. The only difference this time is we'll have a big shiny ground to remind us every game of what we had. Give it another 5 years and that will probably turn into a shed as well through skint driven neglect.

Nine of us in our group ... likely to increase to eleven next season.

Think you missed this earlier in the thread, or maybe ignored it pal :P but I'd like your thoughts on this:

I know where you stand on all this protest stuff, its been well documented, and I know you'll be hurting as much as the next fan, but do you actually believe that all you can do is support the side week in week out without exception?

You've been to Pune, you've been lied too, you've been taken for a mug like the rest of the fans forum, does that not wrangle with you ES?

It'll all be dictated by whether the owners commit or dismiss, and how Lambert feels about our chances.

Make no mistake, if PL isn't here come August, and is replaced by an uninspiring 'yes man,' then id predict a huge drop off in Season Ticket holders (me included.

I'd think protests would be inevitable too.

Such a shame.

A situation like ours and we should all be looking forward to next season with a big improvement and increase in season ticket sales.

New manager that the vast majority support and have confidence in. A manager that is ambitious and knows what he needs to do the job.

Owners that have every season poured £20 million into the club. Lifting the transfer embargo to facilitate more spending on new players.

Complete rebuilding of the squad in the pipeline with many players out of contract.

The arrival of Lambert should have heralded a new era, another step on the rebuilding process, another step towards being a normal, ambitious Championship club that makes coaching appointments to match the ambition.

But here we all are, disillusioned, expecting the manager to walk, expecting a relegation scrap next season without even knowing what players we will have, and expecting season ticket sales to drop when they should be going up.

im out...

enough is enough....

To be honest, im falling out of love for football across the board - unfortunately the must haves (sky, greedy oweners, etc) have killed the game for the common people, and we have nothing to relate to...

the football at ewood has been dire and is getting worse

i have not attended the last two home games, and i dont miss it - ive found others things i enjoy to do

im out...

enough is enough....

To be honest, im falling out of love for football across the board - unfortunately the must haves (sky, greedy oweners, etc) have killed the game for the common people, and we have nothing to relate to...

the football at ewood has been dire and is getting worse

i have not attended the last two home games, and i dont miss it - ive found others things i enjoy to do

As have so many, me included.

Cancelled sky etc too

Only a small gesture but I just cancelled my Rovers Player subscription. The money saved will go to whatever idea is formulated in the War Room thread.

TBH its also end of Season and the video quality is pants. :(

I've cancelled Rovers Player for the end of season reason too. Perhaps if they put games from the archives (if full game copies still exist) back to the 90's up I'll get it during the summer.

There is no War Room thread now. I removed it. There could be another one if people stop making a joke out of it and the mods do their damn jobs.

EDIT-Mods have put it back.

There is no War Room thread now. I removed it. There could be another one if people stop making a joke out of it and the mods do their damn jobs.

Uncalled for. We'd be in a bad place without a bit of gallows humour and if the mods were to remove those posts that would, in my humble opinion, be taking the biscuit.

I've cancelled Rovers Player for the end of season reason too. Perhaps if they put games from the archives (if full game copies still exist) back to the 90's up I'll get it during the summer.

See, I knew you did not have the authority.

I was just going to start an alternative thread "How do we pick up the pieces when the Venkies ride into the sunset"

Uncalled for. We'd be in a bad place without a bit of gallows humour and if the mods were to remove those posts that would, in my humble opinion, be taking the biscuit.

Then if you want gallows humor suggest it for a protest idea. I wouldn't mind using sarcasm in protests as you can see the anger behind it.

Is it too much to ask that one thread could actually achieve something?

See, I knew you did not have the authority.

I was just going to start an alternative thread "How do we pick up the pieces when the Venkies ride into the sunset"

Didn't know they were going to put it back.

I just think everybody needs to take a moment to digestive the thread.

Then if you want gallows humor suggest it for a protest idea. I wouldn't mind using sarcasm in protests as you can see the anger behind it.

Is it too much to ask that one thread could actually achieve something?

Didn't know they were going to put it back.

Get over yourself

• Moderation Lead

Vinjay, this is exactly the kind of thing that does you no favours whatsoever.

Sometimes you can be a right hob-nob.

• Backroom

In the Sunday Times "Rich List" the Walker Family still figure in the Top 200 with over 200mn from their various 'enterprises'. There is still some mileage in appealing to them again, 'in the name of Jack'.

General consensus is that they were happy to be rid of Rovers, I don't see any way to realistically appeal for them to return to the fold. If they truly cared about Rovers the way Jack did, they wouldn't have slashed funding to almost nothing in their final few years then sold us to a group of chicken farmers just because they were able to stump up the cash. They are also responsible for allowing Anderson to get his foot in the Ewood door.

In the Sunday Times "Rich List" the Walker Family still figure in the Top 200 with over 200mn from their various 'enterprises'. There is still some mileage in appealing to them again, 'in the name of Jack'.

Unfortunately not for me. They've had their shot and are the reason we are in the situation we are in today. There's no going back for them.

Perhaps if they had held more concern or respect for Jack's name then they would have invested in the club and been more selective over who they passed the club on to.

Still to this day no public statement of apology or regret about what has happened at the club in the last 5 years.

Archived