BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham Home Saturday 21/01/2017

1arC

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just left local and unusual to see folk vomiting before entering pub and not when leaving ! According to dwindling number of regulars who go to Rovers now, seems like Brum were there for taking in 2nd half and we blew it, not least Coyley with unfathomable substitutions - think he'll be relieved just to avoid defeat.

Some people are saying todays game was , Must win. Personally I think our must win games are, Wigan, Burton, Bristol and Rotherham

Two of those are at home and two away. We will not win all of them and I think we need to win 2 or 3 of those and draw 1 0r 2. We will need to somehow pick up at least 6 wins all together. I think it will be tight, but we are doing ourselves no favours with this weeks rubbish, about not needing to sign anyone. Burton and Bristol City are on bad runs, and we have to hope we they carry on. I can see Wigan getting out of it and hope we do too. More my heart than anything saying this, but bottom 3 come May, will be Rotherham, Burton and Bristol City.

Not being able to beat a mid-table side with virtually the worst form in the league at home is yet another sign of a relegation side that we've shown this season.

I'll admit it I gained some hope from a draw and 2 wins over Christmas but was totally wrong to. Back to failing to win games that should be 3 points in the bank all day long.

• Backroom

Some people are saying todays game was , Must win. Personally I think our must win games are, Wigan, Burton, Bristol and Rotherham

When third from bottom at home against a team on a shocking run I would say it's must win

We have ended the day with another team we now need to overtake and less chance of staying up

I always thought today was going to finish all square and stated so when I started the thread. The real pity is, a win today would have taken us out of the bottom 3 for the first time in a while and given everyone a lift. If there is an upside, then perhaps the decision makers will think twice about not needing to sign anyone, now we are a place lower in the league.

When third from bottom at home against a team on a shocking run I would say it's must win

We have ended the day with another team we now need to overtake and less chance of staying up

We have ended the day worse off to Wigan, but better off to Burton and Bristol.

Two really poor teams.

Birmingham came out of the blocks a lot faster and punished us for yet another slow and lethargic start to a game. How many times now is that where we've gone behind in the first 20 minutes at Ewood? Birmingham, Brentford, Brighton, Norwich, Huddersfield, Rotherham = pathetic, not good enough, no sign of it changing, symptomatic of a team that only starts to play and only reacts once in a losing position.

Yet another game goes by without a clean sheet.

Having relied yet again upon the instinctive finishing of Danny Graham to get us back into the game on the verge of half time I would expect Rovers to come out in the second half all guns blazing in pursuit of a much needed win.

Unfortunately what we got was nowhere near good enough. Only really Gallagher's glorious chance to point out as a true goalscoring opportunity.

As the half wore on no attempt made by either manager to change the course of the game.

By 65-70 minutes Birmingham were worn out. Rovers were dominating possession with little to show for it in the final third, Birmingham looked like they were happy with a point.

Coyle yet again waits until 85 minutes to make a change not enforced by injury. So predictable. Anyone who studies Rovers will see Coyle will only opt to make a change in the final 5 minutes.

Steele's excellent save saved us a humiliating defeat as Birmingham inevitably took the initiative in the final few minutes as Rovers had offered nothing for the bulk of the second half, despite being at home against a poor side in a must-win game.

Really disappointing. At no stage in that 2nd half did we show remotely near enough in a game of huge importance. Nowhere near enough urgency or pressure put on the opposition.

Any manager worth his salt would be very disappointed with dropping 2 points today, but you just know Coyle will come out with the usual rubbish. I bet he doesn't mention Birmingham having played in Newcastle on Wednesday night whilst he gave our boys the day off.

As was always likely to be the case Wigan are showing some fight and have climbed above us. Relying on them being even worse than us for the rest of the season was always going to be pushing our luck.

overRich Sharpe @richsharpe89 12m12 minutes ago

Groin injury again for Mulgrew. Will now be assessed. Missed just over two weeks last time, likely to be the same again. #Rovers

Think we'll be lucky to see Mulgrew again before end of Feb.. Muscle injuries take longer to recover from with each issue, particularly successive injuries over a short time span. We are seeing this with Evans where I think surgery is the only solution. At least we have Wharton..............................................

Nyambe looks amazing going forward to be fair

Brilliant goal just before half time

Nyambe Tom ? you do know that your condemning the club to another three years of nothingness with that kind of comment.

Get rid along with ...Feeney Steele Raya and Lowe to name a few.

Nyambe Tom ? you do know that your condemning the club to another three years of nothingness with that kind of comment.

Nyambe did well.

Feeney did good today.

Raya should be playing not Steele imo

We were extremely poor in the first half, and Mulgrew getting injured didn't help.

Steele looked to be very slow in his attempt to get the ball when giving the penalty away.

Second half was better and we created 3 or 4 good chances, but so did Brum.

Probably a fair result.

The lad played well despite your hate campaign. I'm beginning to think you have your own financial agenda in trying to get players like Raya and Nyambe out of the club or is it just a general dislike of foreigners as it's clearly nothing to do with ability.

Where are Rovers in the league chaddy for this so called good play and how many did they win by today ?

Get rid asap !

I am fully aware where Rovers are thankyou. I was there today so I can a proper account of the game and performances of players.

Steele or Lowe should be drop.

I think you dont like Raya, Nyambe or Lowe cos they are with your sport agency you represented. Cant think of another reason for your hate campaign and your clear agenda.

Coil should be sacked for his comments at the end of this article alone. Absolutely farcical that with this mindset he is still in a job.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15039533._We_gave_the_opposition_another_gift_of_a_start____Owen_Coyle_on_Blackburn_Rovers__home_draw_with_Birmingham_City/

Coyle should be sacked full-stop, but us lesser mortals can't see "what they're trying to do".

We have ended the day worse off to Wigan, but better off to Burton and Bristol.

Surely though rigger we just have to win games like this. Before today Birmingham had drawn 3 lost 4 of their 7 games under Zola (who has always been a rubbish manager bar 1 season at Watford). Forget the league table, they practically came to Ewood as 3 points wrapped up in a bow and presented to Coyle on a silver platter.

Did we beat them? No. Did we batter them but they held out? No. Were we even the better team? Debatable.

The lad played well despite your hate campaign. I'm beginning to think you have your own financial agenda in trying to get players like Raya and Nyambe out of the club or is it just a general dislike of foreigners as it's clearly nothing to do with ability.

I thought Nyambe played his socks off today.

He was not always effective but he is young and he will improve, he has good positioning and in a decent team, which we are not, would grow in confidence. He is the sort of player we should be supporting.

overRich Sharpe ‏@richsharpe89 12m12 minutes ago

I like Mulgrew as a player, he's a proper footballer. Unfortunately he's the sort of player that will miss as many games as he plays. Coyle knew that when he signed him.

Groin injury again for Mulgrew. Will now be assessed. Missed just over two weeks last time, likely to be the same again. #Rovers

Think we'll be lucky to see Mulgrew again before end of Feb.. Muscle injuries take longer to recover from with each issue, particularly successive injuries over a short time span. We are seeing this with Evans where I think surgery is the only solution. At least we have Wharton..............................................

Sorry appear to have made a balls of that post. My comments regarding Mulgrew are at the top of the post !

Archived