BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham Home Saturday 21/01/2017

1arC

That was one of the worst games of football I have witnessed.

Brum were poor, we were worse.

A game devoid of skill put plenty of huff and puff on occasions.

We were lucky to get a point. I cannot bring myself to read or listen to Coyle's comments but if he suggests otherwise he is a 'Turnip Head'.

Rovers are a team heading down.

Sad sad sad.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Coyles said it may be a vital point

Sums him up, no balls to go for the win and happy not to lose. Coward of a manager made even worse by the fact he's a bad one as well!

Didn't think Feeney was too bad today but agree with you completely about the subs, fairly inexplicable and we lost momentum thereafter. Conway is so slow these days it's unreal.

Signs of potential from Nyambe today but little to enthuse about apart from that. Akpan was OK as well. Steele is such a weird keeper, couple of stupendous saves but such an elementary error for their penalty.

Not good enough overall, Coyle needs to go now or it could be too late for anyone else to rescue the situation.

Feeney was the pits. Somebody needs to tell him to look at the shirt he is wearing and to give the ball to someone with a similar one on. He lost the ball nearly every time it went near him. He is worse than Lowe if that is possible.

We played better second half and Feeney was our best player today. Always taking his man and crossing.

Coyle settled for a point after 85

Mins. Take Gallagher off for Conway.

Birmingham werent that good and there for taking second half and we didnt take our chances.

Coyle tactics are poor.

We need 3 or 4 signings.

Big week for Rovers and will Senior be able to these key decisions.

Feeney our best player today? Are you related to him? He was awful.

Coyle should be sacked full-stop, but us lesser mortals can't see "what they're trying to do".

coyle is an integral part of the plan

rubbing his grubby hands together in anticipation of his 6 figure summer bonus

you lesser mortals are so blind

Surely though rigger we just have to win games like this. Before today Birmingham had drawn 3 lost 4 of their 7 games under Zola (who has always been a rubbish manager bar 1 season at Watford). Forget the league table, they practically came to Ewood as 3 points wrapped up in a bow and presented to Coyle on a silver platter.

Did we beat them? No. Did we batter them but they held out? No. Were we even the better team? Debatable.

All I stated was that we are a point better off against two teams that may well need to finish below us, if we are to survive. Nothing about the merits of what we should have gained from this game. I don't think any team will come to Ewood and gift us three points, as we seem to be the most disorganised team in this league.

We have ended the day worse off to Wigan, but better off to Burton and Bristol.

Let's try that argument on the last day of the season if we are still second-bottom.

I think Feeney is an awful player and awful signing but he did quite well today.

No need for the dig Al. All entitled to our opinions.

He put in some good crosses and ran at the left back.

Akpan, Nyambe and Graham was good.

Some people seem to have a down on certain players and therefore judge them accordingly.

I never rated Pedersen or Savage but I never allowed that to colour my views on their performances. I always tried to be objective about all 22 players in the game, I can't see any point in not being.

Feeney is a good crosser of the ball. He had a reasonable game today as did Nyambe, Greer, Lenihan, Williams, Graham and Gallagher.

Steele, apart from that good save in the second half is an atrocious goalkeeper.

Akpan was MOM by a mile.

The writing has been on the wall since early August. We are going down.

Coil should be sacked for his comments at the end of this article alone. Absolutely farcical that with this mindset he is still in a job.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15039533._We_gave_the_opposition_another_gift_of_a_start____Owen_Coyle_on_Blackburn_Rovers__home_draw_with_Birmingham_City/

Dont read that garbage. Boycott the LET.

1770 away fans today, that's a hell of a following for Brum given the poor run they have been on, did they get £10 tickets and free transport or something ?

About a thousand more than they often brought in the Prem years. They obviously sniffed a win here, never underestimate how crap other sets of fans think we are these days.

We played better second half and Feeney was our best player today. Always taking his man and crossing.

Coyle settled for a point after 85

Mins. Take Gallagher off for Conway.

Birmingham werent that good and there for taking second half and we didnt take our chances.

Coyle tactics are poor.

We need 3 or 4 signings.

Big week for Rovers and will Senior be able to these key decisions.

Will we be able to sign more rubbish? I'm sweating with excitement!

That was one of the worst games of football I have witnessed.

Brum were poor, we were worse.

A game devoid of skill put plenty of huff and puff on occasions.

We were lucky to get a point. I cannot bring myself to read or listen to Coyle's comments but if he suggests otherwise he is a 'Turnip Head'.

Rovers are a team heading down.

Sad sad sad.

I thought you didn't go anymore?

Puffin hunting last week

Stag hunting the week before?

More likely Thwaites smoothed the path from Nabs head to home by 4.45pm :tu: and why not.

yep boycotters who go the game,cant beat em might as well join em,a points a point i suppose,sounds like a draw was a fair result,glad to hear nayambe is coming along well,if the boo boys keep of his back he should do well,oh there all boycotting.

I am fully aware where Rovers are thankyou. I was there today so I can a proper account of the game and performances of players.

Steele or Lowe should be drop.

I think you dont like Raya, Nyambe or Lowe cos they are with your sport agency you represented. Cant think of another reason for your hate campaign and your clear agenda.

It's not hate it's rate chaddy and parsonsblue FYI!

It's not hate it's rate chaddy and parsonsblue FYI!

There have been many players that I haven't rated over the past 50-odd years but when they have a good game, as Nyambe did yesterday, then I'm more than happy to say so whereas you never seem to admit that a player you don't like is capable of having good games. Nyambe and Raya are both too young to make final judgements on. We've had many players over the years who have developed gradually over a period of time and from looking somewhat suspect have turned into excellent players for the club.

I saw the last 88 minutes of the game so Akpan must have had a great first 2 minutes because all I remember of him was the header he missed in the first half. Genuinely can't remember any other contribution.

As usual the game passed him by. One of the main reasons why Birmingham got a stranglehold in the game is the in the ineffectiveness of the two in midfield. The plank could have took either of our dynamic midfield 2 off. In the 5 minutes he was on the Guthrie contributed more than Akpan or Lowe by winning one tackle and a forward pass. My main complaint is that it took so long to make the changes. He was always going to bring his vice captain on no matter how slow he is. Taking Gallacher off was no surprise because he is totally in effective as a wide player. Up front different but as the muppet had no intention of going with two out and out strikers and changing the game then Gallacher may as well be taken off to look after the point.

This performance summed up all that is wrong on a playing front at Rovers.

Welcome to Division 1.

Before the game I was having a chat in the pub with a Brum fan about which team was worse. I saw him after the game he agreed that Rovers were worse

Im at a loss why our manager has settled for a point to drop us further into the relegation zone against a woeful side such as Brum who were there for the taking! We finished the game with 1 striker on the pitch! Taking Gallagher off instead of putting him up front with Graham to try and actually win the game is inexplicable. Bringing 2 midfielders on when we are desperate for a win is inexplicable.

Why didn't he throw Stokes on for the last few minutes to try and win the game? I keep going on about Stokes but he was portrayed as our Marquee signing in the summer by Coyle. What's happened to him?!

Somebody needs to explain to Coyle that picking the odd point up here or there will condemn us to relegation. We desperately needed a win today which was there for the taking if he had actually tried to win the game.

Coyle states it could be an important point at the end of the season. I think it is 2 points dropped that could ultimately cost us at the end of the season.

In my opinion we are a better side, or at least on par with Brum. Yet they sit comfortably in mid table despite being on an 8 game winless run. They have the shrewd Gary Rowett to thank for that. This is the frustrating thing; if and when relegation happens it could have been avoidable if we had just appointed a decent manager. Rowett is unemployed.... over to you Mr Senior.

Archived