BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

11 minutes ago, Athlete said:

You talk crap

I'm beginning to think Mowbray is the worst manager this club has ever seen 

I've ignored you for months cos you are constantly digging basically every posts. You are obsess by me. I'm fed up with you and all your BS. Leave me alone. This messageboard is going down hill cos of posters like you. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I've ignored you for months cos you are constantly digging basically every posts. You are obsess by me. I'm fed up with you and all your BS. Leave me alone. This messageboard is going down hill cos of posters like you. 

Keep on topic Chaddy. This is the Mowbray thread. Athlete was talking about Mowbray.

Just now, Hasta said:

Keep on topic Chaddy. This is the Mowbray thread. Athlete was talking about Mowbray.

Stop the personal attack and obsess following and thread would stay on topic. 

Only messageboard suffering. 

'You talk crap' is related to the thread???Really???

On Mowbray, yes he does need to stick by 1 formation and stick to it. Whether it 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 or 3-5-2. 

Mowbray has signed Dack, Samuel, Chapman and Gladwin. Time to use them. Play a 4-2-3-1 formation and use the 4 players mention in that formation. 

Tony does need tinker time but eventually that should exhaust itself he needs to settle with a 442 don't over analyse or over complicate. Stick to a general formation the players won't get confused then or struggle to adapt to an array of different systems.

People already on the 'sack the manager' bandwagon. We've had quite a few managers over the last 7 or so years and one thing they all have in common is failure to some degree. Gary Bowyer was the best of the lot of them I think but he got sacked.

Anyways they aren't all that bad at their jobs. The one common factor is Venky's and that is where the buck starts and stops. Until they go we are going to continue freefalling.

11 minutes ago, mcflash said:

People already on the 'sack the manager' bandwagon. We've had quite a few managers over the last 7 or so years and one thing they all have in common is failure to some degree. Gary Bowyer was the best of the lot of them I think but he got sacked.

Anyways they aren't all that bad at their jobs. The one common factor is Venky's and that is where the buck starts and stops. Until they go we are going to continue freefalling.

Plenty agree with that, but probably, just as many don't. No manager will succeed here, until they do go and that has been the only constant for the last 7 years. Players, coaches, directors, managers, admin staff, global advisers, spokesmen, bodyguards, hamper carriers, communication executives, you name it, and all that has happened, is year on year we fall further. These owners are pure poison who came in for all the wrong reasons and continue to cling on to their ownership, but for what? What next from them, a statement to say, we will carry on supporting our baby and we will try to get back to league one, as we sit in the relegation places, out of the entire league? Sign up to I Follow quickly lads, as they don't have it in non league.

Whilst Venky's are the root cause of our current circumstances, they cannot be blamed for what was served up yesterday.

Leeds had a poor owner, yet a decent manager almost got them in the Championship Play Offs last season.

To date, Mowbray has been well backed and almost given a blank piece of paper to work from.

We're only two games in, and it's far too early to pass judgement.

However, the chances of a guy whose management career appeared to be in terminal decline turning this around look pretty slim. It was another bizarre appointment.

We can but hope.

44 minutes ago, mcflash said:

Coventry won at Wembley last season. Blackpool got promoted. They both have appalling owners.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Ha ha... The message board went down hill with your BS chaddyrovers 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Coventry won at Wembley last season. Blackpool got promoted. They both have appalling owners.

Don't spoil the debate with facts. That negates the tiresome "We'll do nothing until 'Venky's leave" argument.

Yes we'll do nothing if they run the Club badly like they have done in the past and /or fail to support the manager but if as in this instance tbey do tbe right thing for once and give the manager the funding he asks for to acquire the targets he's identified the buck stops firmly with him.

If he is to survive Mowbray has to find a formation which works at this level fast. Secondly imo he has to clear out the vast majority of the  players still here that took us down last season. Otherwise they'll do for him whilst continuing to pick up their still not insubstantial pay cheques.

At the end of last season my view was that of the senior players clear everyone out apart from Raya Lenihan and Mulgrew. I certainly didn't see anything yesterday to change that opinion and even Raya needs a stern word in tbe shell like to the effect that that must not happen again and that trying ro be a smart arse and a goalkeeper rarely mix.

Or perhaps we should just hire Mike Basset. 

"We're going 4-4-f****** 2!"

12 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Google search reporting the most googled phrases emanating from NDA Rd , Pune within the last 5 minutes "Mike Bassett" "England League one relegation odds" "Does Balaji have the best Birthday party in the world"

1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

And we've not won nothing in 7yrs, will win nothing in the next 7yrs, we'll even lose the race to the bottom I'd wager, although it'll be a close run thing!

What happens at other clubs is irrelevant blueboy. We may well enjoy a day in the sun once or twice along the way but we all know this ends badly as long as tweedle dum and tweedle dees names are above the door.

Changing mangers, finance directors, coaches or cleaning ladies will never work until those ****s sod off.

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Stop the personal attack and obsess following and thread would stay on topic. 

Only messageboard suffering. 

'You talk crap' is related to the thread???Really???

On Mowbray, yes he does need to stick by 1 formation and stick to it. Whether it 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1 or 3-5-2. 

Mowbray has signed Dack, Samuel, Chapman and Gladwin. Time to use them. Play a 4-2-3-1 formation and use the 4 players mention in that formation. 

Mowbray took us down.. His tactics in the last few games have been atrocious if he carries on his league one management ability like at Coventry we'll be league two before you know it.. That formation yesterday was shocking one up front against Doncaster ffs.. As for your tactics formation chaddyrovers you obviously never played the game  

5 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Don't spoil the debate with facts. That negates the tiresome "We'll do nothing until 'Venky's leave" argument.

Yes we'll do nothing if they run the Club badly like they have done in the past and /or fail to support the manager but if as in this instance tbey do tbe right thing for once and give the manager the funding he asks for to acquire the targets he's identified the buck stops firmly with him.

If he is to survive Mowbray has to find a formation which works at this level fast. Secondly imo he has to clear out the vast majority of the  players still here that took us down last season. Otherwise they'll do for him whilst continuing to pick up their still not insubstantial pay cheques.

At the end of last season my view was that of the senior players clear everyone out apart from Raya Lenihan and Mulgrew. I certainly didn't see anything yesterday to change that opinion and even Raya needs a stern word in tbe shell like to the effect that that must not happen again and that trying ro be a smart arse and a goalkeeper rarely mix.

We discussed Mowbray last season and agreed that he was far too negative in some games. I hoped it was because they weren't his players but no, he actually wants his teams to play in a slow controlled manner, sat in our own half. It's bizarre. He's another, like Coyle and Lambert, who has come in and given it the big chat about attacking football and then done the opposite. Venky's fall for it every time.

The day they appoint a good manager and don't interfere is the day our fortunes will improve. It's that simple.

Just now, Gav said:

And we've not won nothing in 7yrs, will win nothing in the next 7yrs, we'll even lose the race to the bottom I'd wager, although it'll be a close run thing!

What happens at other clubs is irrelevant blueboy. We may well enjoy a day in the sun once or twice along the way but we all know this ends badly as long as tweedle dum and tweedle dees names are above the door.

Changing mangers, finance directors, coaches or cleaning ladies will never work until those ****s sod off.

Unless they finally manage to appoint a good manager and combine that with backing him.

Arguably they've never done that. The jury is still very much out on TM given the fact he took us down. He did however do enough last season for me to be happy for him to be given the chance to clear the decks build his own side and continue this season.

Whilst I didn't expect us to romp the League like the bookies I'm genuinely taken aback by how badly we've performed in the opening two league games.

Just now, Gav said:

We haven't won anything, or come close, because we keep appointing managers who no-one else will touch. Beside Bowyer being decent, and lambert being half decent but nowhere near as good as he thought he was, we've appointed two mangers in Coyle and Kean who will go down as two of the worst we've ever had in 140 years. I fear Mowbray will go the same way. No club, not even even with the best infrastructure, the best chairman or the best owners would come out the other side of that intact. If we'd appointed Warnock last season we'd be in the division above and probably doing quite well.

The owners are absolutely clueless, no disputing that, and the main reason for that is they can't pick their nose, let alone a manager.

We just can't keep doing this. 

We can't keep sacking managers. We can't keep giving them no time to put their squad together and get settled. 

Reading this messageboard is starting to look like all of clubs we used to make fun of. Clubs that had no patience. Supporters who were completely knee jerk. 

These have been two terrible performances, but read that again. TWO performances. 

We are reach a point where our supporters are becoming as much of a problem as our owners. Have a look at the league table last season and see how teams struggled and then picked up, or got off to flyers and then dropped off. 

Give him time. Actual time. Not 5 matches, not a window. Give him a season to try and fix the club and get a squad playing together. 

Don't react to single matches and call for his head. Don't start calling him the worst manager ever, or the least exciting manager ever, or whatever else. 

Give him time to show what he can do and then judge him. 

I'm tired of this club being a joke. Part of that is the fact that we are going through managers faster than most players go through boots. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

We can't keep sacking managers. We can't keep giving them no time to put their squad together and get settled. 

Reading this messageboard is starting to look like all of clubs we used to make fun of. Clubs that had no patience. Supporters who were completely knee jerk. 

These have been two terrible performances, but read that again. TWO performances. 

We are reach a point where our supporters are becoming as much of a problem as our owners. Have a look at the league table last season and see how teams struggled and then picked up, or got off to flyers and then dropped off. 

Give him time. Actual time. Not 5 matches, not a window. Give him a season to try and fix the club and get a squad playing together. 

Don't react to single matches and call for his head. Don't start calling him the worst manager ever, or the least exciting manager ever, or whatever else. 

I'm tired of this club being a joke. Part of that is the fact that we are going through managers faster than most players go through boots. 

That's cos they are all sh1t, not because the fans are knee-jerk.

Cr@p owners, poor appointments, £100m debts, continued decline are all linked chaps.

To keep blaming managers is naive, they can't all be cr@p? 

It's the owners and only the owners that are to blame and until they go we'll never appoint a manager that can bring success to the club because it's setup to fail.

29 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Christ. We are back at the start of Bowyer's tenure again. Give him time. A window, two windows, a season, three windows.

Worse, people were saying exactly the same when Coyle was appointed.

Mowbray is not a League One manager. He struggled to get results in the Championship and we were relegated (granted not all his fault). His style of play is already looking like not being suited to this league, and the players look clueless.

Tell you what, get in a manager who knows this league and has a track record of success and give them that time to build instead of Rovers never admitting they might have made a mistake. 

But instead we will just blindly back whoever is in the hot seat because "the next manager could be worse".

Control, Alt, Delete and restart - every single @#/? season.

31 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Well said Eddie, and ultimately (as Gav says) the big picture is that bugger all will change about our destiny until Venky's do one.  If Mowbray is shown the door, remember that Pasha and Cheston are choosing the successor.  That should fill everyone with confidence.

31 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

The owners are absolutely clueless, no disputing that, and the main reason for that is they can't pick their nose, let alone a manager.

And that IS the crux of our problems.How can these gobshytes be trusted to appoint a manager fit for purpose when they show zero interest in the club and offer no direction from the top?

Cheston: "Hello Madame Desai,I've appointed the outstanding candidate to manage your football club."

Madame: " Yeah whatever Cheston you Dalit,give him whatever severance deal he needs and DON'T bother me again,I have a party to attend with brother bling!"

Boring it may be Rev but they are killing the club we all love...you can't cover up what's happening right here right now.

5 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Christ. We are back at the start of Bowyer's tenure again. Give him time. A window, two windows, a season, three windows.

Worse, people were saying exactly the same when Coyle was appointed.

Mowbray is not a League One manager. He struggled to get results in the Championship and we were relegated (granted not all his fault). His style of play is already looking like not being suited to this league, and the players look clueless.

Tell you what, get in a manager who knows this league and has a track record of success and give them that time to build instead of Rovers never admitting they might have made a mistake. 

But instead we will just blindly back whoever is in the hot seat because "the next manager could be worse".

Control, Alt, Delete and restart - every single @#/? season.

No, it's just not reacting after two games. Giving a manger a summer, some money and a new contract then sacking them two games into the season is ridiculous.

Its a terrible start, but eddie is correct (in everything but the fans having comparable levels of blame to the owners, which is quite frankly ridiculous - but only one sentence in a good post). Hopefully he turns it around, if he can't by 10 games and nothing is changing, I expect we won't need to worry about him clinging on or taking a pay off - he will walk.

Archived