SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

To be honest Stuart, he's hardly played this season for the Under-23's.  Last Friday was his first game in ages.  Doyle, Wharton, Platt and Grayson usually play as the centre-backs in either a back four or back three.  It'll be interesting to see if Tyler is kept on in the summer having played so little football this season.  I agree, he looked a decent prospect and again, on Friday, showed he is a decent player.  However, Doyle, Platt and Grayson, in particular, have been outstanding this season and with Wharton also available, it's difficult to see how Tyler gets a game at the moment when everyone is fit.

An embarrassment of riches in the development set-up and midfielders and full-backs masquerading/moonlighting as centre-backs in the first team!

2 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Grayson's been excellent this season playing in a back-three.  Centre-back looks his natural position and enabled him to give a number of impressive performances this campaign.

Don't need to tell me about young grayson mate.  I've watched him through schoolboy football and now into this . He's taking a more talented lads  place and has been doing for years. 

39 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Ward gone to MK on loan

I recall MK fans feeling the same about Downing as we do about Ward. Would only be fair to return the favour if he does well there!

Best of luck to Elliot 'the tractor' Ward he's been handy to have around at times used for a few mins and the odd game here and there but having to use him starting regularly :o

He's been handed about in his career more than a used £1 coin and there has to be a reason for that but I hope it works out for him and he gets fixed up somewhere permanent.

1 hour ago, JHRover said:

Possibly his only chance of getting to the Premier League. He's 27 now and still hasn't made it to the top division. West Ham a bigger club and presumably much more money on offer than Fulham.

Expect his agent will be rubbing his hands at the prospect of a mega money transfer too and will be advising accordingly.....

27 now? he still looks 15

• Backroom

Good luck to Ward he's been pretty terrible this season in particular but it seems slightly odd timing given Mulgrews injury, Wharton on the bench tonight?

It says a lot about what Mowbray thinks of him though if he is willing to loan him out now.

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

Good luck to Ward he's been pretty terrible this season in particular but it seems slightly odd timing given Mulgrews injury, Wharton on the bench tonight?

It says a lot about what Mowbray thinks of him though if he is willing to loan him out now.

Its almost as if TM reads these boards at times.

28 minutes ago, Tom said:

Well I did notice mowbray has two eyes ...

3 hours ago, gumboots said:

3 club rule?

Wasnt that a nicko thing?

2 hours ago, unsall said:

Someone saying Callum Wright signed for Leicester 1 mil,nothing official 

Hope not. 

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I read in today's paper that West Ham are also trying to get Morgan Schneiderlin on loan. It'll in case Cairney won't move.

I read a 20 mil bid for him. 

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Ward gone to MK on loan: https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/january/ward-makes-move-to-mk/

Would imaging that means that Wharton will be staying?

Good move for us and him. 

4 hours ago, unsall said:

Someone saying Callum Wright signed for Leicester 1 mil,nothing official 

Not such good news. How old is he? 17?

Yet again im a bit bemused how a string of Premier League Clubs are apparently queueing up to sign him yet he's seemingly not deemed good enough to get a look in in our first team squad

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Yet again im a bit bemused how a string of Premier League Clubs are apparently queueing up to sign him yet he's seemingly not deemed good enough to get a look in in our first team squad

I doubt very much he will be anywhere near their first team squad either. 

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

This has happened before? 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I doubt very much he will be anywhere near their first team squad either. 

Maybe not at Premier League level but surely if he's that good he should be in and around our first team squad at League one level? Pele won the world Cup when he was 17 or 18. When did it suddenly become law that players can't play for the first team until they're about 25?

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Maybe not at Premier League level but surely if he's that good he should be in and around our first team squad at League one level? Pele won the world Cup when he was 17 or 18. When did it suddenly become law that players can't play for the first team until they're about 25?

Ya, I agree with that. I suppose they are, by and large, softer these days

Just now, Biz said:

This has happened before? 

Mahoney?

Jack o Connell? Here 3 and a half years without getting a meaningful first team outing and had to depart aged nearly 21 to get a game! Now pushing for promotion to the Premier League with Sheff Utd.

Josh Morris? Couldn't get a game here now highly rated.

Wharton will probably end up leaving if he doesnt get his chance soon.

Archived