BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Season over? Still 22 games to go. 

Plenty to play for instead of this give up attitude

We played that formation today. 

Not our fault Mowbray has this attitude.

He needs to get back to picking a settled team again and not seeing three or four changes every game.

Also needs to transfer the captaincy from Bennett to Lenihan. If the only way to do that is to bench Bennett then so be it.

Oh, and the small matter of a successful January.

Comfortably the worst news we could be given as a Rovers fan at the moment (aside from the club going under)

Best player, leading scorer, most valuable asset and player we've built our system around is out for the season and the start of the next. 

No one is good enough to take his place in the starting 11. 

Mowbray isn't a particularly good manager either, so he'll really need to earn his corn now.

Just now, Stuart said:

He needs to get back to picking a settled team again and not seeing three or four changes every game.

Also needs to transfer the captaincy from Bennett to Lenihan. If the only way to do that is to bench Bennett then so be it.

Mowbray doesnt have this attitude. 

Every team is swapping players around the team in championship due to fixtures timetable. 

1 hour ago, Husky said:

We don't need a Dack as such. We really just need to change formation and our way of playing without Dack. Most importantly we need a goal scorer....as we currently have NONE. Which is absolutely shocking!

For all his goals Dack is yet another player that never seemed to be able to actually hit a ball. Also in some ways he actually seemed to slow the play down a bit at times.

Unfortunately we don't have a manager that is capable of changing things.

I've lost count of the times Armstrong has run down the wing with no support so has had to check back.

Years in we still don't actually have a way of playing. It's like we're still playing Champ Manager without looking at the instructions.

We're more jumbled up than this message.

Yet we are almost in the play offs and more than half the coins in the league would love to be where we are.

Who would you reckon we could go for to replace Dacks goals? You make it sound like it's simple to get a goalscorer who will get 20 goals a season, which is what Dack does. 

My lovely other half bought me Matty Jansen's biog for Christmas, and just discussing with my two lads the instability of a highly paid footballers career. Will the lad have the appetite to sit out a year and put in the hard yards to rehabilitate? Shearer was a completely different animal. I wish him well.

Edited by Proudtobeblue&white

Just now, Stuart said:

You need to make changes with the fixture congestion. I dont think anyone can disagree with that. 

Granted today's team was a bit odd. 

• Like 1

Just now, Proudtobeblue&white said:

My lovely other half bought me Matty Jansen's biog for Christmas, and just discussing with my two lads the instability of a highly paid footballers career. Will the lad have the appetite to sit out a year and put in the hard yards to rehabilitate? Shearer was a completely different animal.

I was only talking about the nature of the injury. It’s 25 years (ouch!) since Shearer’s injury so medical science will be even better*. His comeback will be his last chance...

* assuming their injuries are similar severity of course

Today was the first game without Dack, perfect opportunity to say to Holtby or Rothwell, here you go play #10 make it your own.

But instead we played Holtby on the bloody wing. He's never been a winger. Typical Mowbray overthinking it. 

• Like 3

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Yet we are almost in the play offs and more than half the coins in the league would love to be where we are.

Who would you reckon we could go for to replace Dacks goals? You make it sound like it's simple to get a goalscorer who will get 20 goals a season, which is what Dack does. 

One thing for sure is that strikers playing on the wing are going to score even less goals than they normally would.

And I think we have a winger that we signed to play for the U23s don't we?

Get Mulgrew back. He'd be our top goal scorer now Dack's gone. I suspect he might have gifted Wigan a late win, yet put today's awful free kick by Holtby in the top corner. End result 3 points instead of 2.  ?

Just now, OJRovers said:

Today was the first game without Dack, perfect opportunity to say to Holtby or Rothwell, here you go play #10 make it your own.

But instead we played Holtby on the bloody wing. He's never been a winger. Typical Mowbray overthinking it. 

I'd like to see Holtby play a deeper midfield role with a more defensive-minded partner. According to some Spurs fans that was his most effective position for them. It would have to be an Evans type, as you can’t have Holtby and Travis both going walkabout.

Just now, Husky said:

One thing for sure is that strikers playing on the wing are going to score even less goals than they normally would.

And I think we have a winger that we signed to play for the U23s don't we?

Get Mulgrew back. He'd be our top goal scorer now Dack's gone. I suspect he might have gifted Wigan a late win, yet put today's awful free kick by Holtby in the top corner. End result 3 points instead of 2.  ?

I dont think Mulgrew is the answer to be far! 

Not sure about your first point. Do you really think Armstrong would score more upfront than he would where he currently plays? I dont

Ya, I think it would be great to see Chapman. We need someone with a bit of an X factor now Dack is out 

8 hours ago, Harry The Bass said:

Points we sacrifice? The whole argument you’ve started came from his last appearance, that we won 2-0. 

Too much Christmas “spirit”?

Ah! We won against Bristol when Brereton was selected (he was subbed though!) and didn't win against Wigan when he wasn't picked, Therefore we should play him as he'a a "winner"! Right? Good logic!

51 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Whilst I agree with most of this, I have two issues with the bit in bold.

1) Dack doesn’t have pace in his game he drops off, shields the ball and pops up at the right place and time to nick a goal.

2) Shearer didn’t lose anything from his game after his ACL. The stats bear that out but that is straight from the horse’s mouth. His later injury to his ankle at Newcastle was what changed his game. Dack may need to adapt but not pace-wise.

It will be interesting now to see if Rovers make him a new offer to extend his contract, which protects him and potentially Rovers from getting nothing. Michael Owen was a player who despite injuries let his contracts run down at Liverpool and, IIRC, Newcastle. No rush now of course.

If he WAS leaving then we can lament the loss of cash but why didn’t this story surface until after he was injured?

I agree.  I don't think Dack has pace and, as with Rhodes, IMO, would have stopped him being an effective performer in the PL.  My worry is that another yard off his pace will make him far less effective even at Championship level.

When Shearer came back from his ACL, I think he'd lost a yard of pace.  Prior to the ACL, he was quick, very quick - I always remember that goal against Arsenal at Ewood in our first season back when he left Arsenal players trailing in his wake.  So when Shearer came back from his ACL he still had something left in his locker and he was no slouch but, IMO, that searing  pace wasn't quite there.  

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would certainly worry that we have seen the best of Dack. Very tempting Z list celebrity world for him to be mingling in now with no reason to keep fit. 

Yes there is that angle.

I think he's as likely to be popping up in celebrity Big Brother as he is putting in the hard yards on the zero gravity treadmill or pool.

Just now, Mercer said:

I agree.  I don't think Dack has pace and, as with Rhodes, IMO, would have stopped him being an effective performer in the PL.  My worry is that another yard off his pace will make him far less effective even at Championship level.

When Shearer came back from his ACL, I think he'd lost a yard of pace.  Prior to the ACL, he was quick, very quick - I always remember that goal against Arsenal at Ewood in our first season back when he left Arsenal players trailing in his wake.  So when Shearer came back from his ACL he still had something left in his locker and he was no slouch but, IMO, that searing  pace wasn't quite there.  

Yes, but he was/still is the best PL finisher ever. He never lost that, despite his injury. Hunger. Not sure BD has the same appetite.

Just now, Mercer said:

Alan Shearer disagrees. If it’s on catch up, watch his interview with Gary Neville.

1 hour ago, Vinjay said:

I've been told that Boswell's info isn't accurate (as far as any deal agreed but perhaps interest) though he could always respond to me on Twitter and refute that. Do people think the club would have put him on the pitch if he was due to be sold? Also I like to think the players were upset afterwards because they feels he's vital to Rovers chances. Not because it's spoilt an opportunity to leave.

What do you want to know?
Three Wigan players went into the Rovers dressing room at full time to check on Dack. He had already been taken into the medical rooms - but  Rovers players in the dressing room told them directly that he had a deal agreed with WBA with a wage of nearly 50K a week.
Those Wigan players told me. 

• Like 1

Just now, J*B said:

Three Wigan players went into the Rovers dressing room at full time to check on Dack. He had already been taken into the medical rooms - but  Rovers players in the dressing room told them directly that he had a deal agreed with WBA with a wage of nearly 50K a week.

The wigan players told you? How did that happen 

Just now, J*B said:

Maybe you are both right. Dack’s agent could have agreed a wage package, with Mowbray possibly even aware (we know how loyal he is to his players), but the clubs not yet agreed a transfer/fee?