BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Bradley Dack

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Dack hs an ACL tear. Operation in a week. Could be a year out. Disaster really. 

Just confirmed by mowbray 

You knew straight away it was at least a season ender.

Some players don't ever come back as the same player after a massive injury. ?

From a business point of view. There goes any profit until at least 2021.

Time for The Stingies to get their cash out. From a football point of view, it's happened before a transfer window... So no excuses about it ending our season will hold any weight.

1 minute ago, Husky said:

You knew straight away it was at least a season ender.

Some players don't ever come back as the same player after a massive injury. ?

From a business point of view. There goes any profit until at least 2021.

Time for The Stingies to get their cash out. From a football point of view, it's happened before a transfer window... So no excuses about it ending our season will hold any weight.

Replacing Dack isnt that simple,unfortunately. 

It's not an excuse, but let's not forget what he brings to the team 

4 hours ago, Exiled_Rover said:

I think our better players are in for a rude awakening if they think they're better than Blackburn Rovers. 

There isn't one player in our side that I'd peg to play in the Prem.

Too damn right after the last couple of games witnessed.

Where are you going lads?.......

Wow. This is a straight-out, limbs-stretched wide knockout. An absolute knockout.

We have to gamble, we have to try and find the untested, unknown diamond in the rough in January and hope for a miracle to replace Dack. There is no alternative. No one - not one staff member, not one fan can believe the current team without Dack can challenge for promotion. 

On 24/12/2019 at 00:33, Kamy100 said:

Apparently this is the suspected injury which if true is 6-8 weeks.

IMG-20191223-WA0011.jpg

Don't know where you got your information from but it was sadly wrong as I suggested when you posted.  If it came from within the Rovers' medical department then, IMO, it's a real concern as I understand there is a big difference, and noticeable, between a torn MCL and a torn ACL.

This is a huge blow for both Dack and Rovers.

There are not many players who suffer this type of injury and don't suffer a drop in about a yard of pace - Shearer being a classic example.

Wish Dack all the best.  It's going to be a long and difficult road back.

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Replacing Dack isnt that simple,unfortunately. 

It's not an excuse, but let's not forget what he brings to the team 

We don't need a Dack as such. We really just need to change formation and our way of playing without Dack. Most importantly we need a goal scorer....as we currently have NONE. Which is absolutely shocking!

For all his goals Dack is yet another player that never seemed to be able to actually hit a ball. Also in some ways he actually seemed to slow the play down a bit at times.

Unfortunately we don't have a manager that is capable of changing things.

I've lost count of the times Armstrong has run down the wing with no support so has had to check back.

Years in we still don't actually have a way of playing. It's like we're still playing Champ Manager without looking at the instructions.

We're more jumbled up than this message.

• Like 2

Just now, Mercer said:

Don't know where you got your information from but it was sadly wrong as I suggested when you posted.  If it came from within the Rovers' medical department then, IMO, it's a real concern as I understand there is a big difference, and noticeable, between a torn MCL and a torn ACL.

There are not many players who suffer this type of injury and don't suffer a drop in about a yard of pace - Shearer being a classic example.

Don't be too harsh. Only a fool would think that the knee had been scanned and consulted upon the same night it happened. It was clearly hearsay.

...I'm not calling anyone a fool btw ?

Edited by Pedro

Just now, Mercer said:

Yet we’ll still win 4-1 every week without him, eh Merce?

Gutted for Dacky. Huge, huge loss.

I've been told that Boswell's info isn't accurate (as far as any deal agreed but perhaps interest) though he could always respond to me on Twitter and refute that. Do people think the club would have put him on the pitch if he was due to be sold? Also I like to think the players were upset afterwards because they feels he's vital to Rovers chances. Not because it's spoilt an opportunity to leave.

• Like 1

Its a bad injury too come back from and he's  not blessed  with lighten  pace to begin with . He will have to change the way he plays . I remember  Shearer  saying he had to change  his game after his injury . I think a good Stricker who knows the league like Billy Sharp and go too a 4,4,2 with a new left back and a quick right winger  and we wouldn't  be far off

3 minutes ago, alcd said:

Dack might regret not signing the contract that's been on the table for 6 months. Bad news for the club's finances too because if fit he'll just leave on a free in 18 months time.

...and I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happens. Wouldn't that be gratitude to Mowbray for helping him out with his self inflicted court issues.

6 minutes ago, alcd said:

Dack might regret not signing the contract that's been on the table for 6 months. Bad news for the club's finances too because if fit he'll just leave on a free in 18 months time.

Bigger picture here.  Dack was our golden goose.  Selling him to invest  or relying on selling him to make us FFP compliant.  No one else is worth anywhere near  in the squad. 

Not only do we lose a 15 goal a season contribution but it could well hamper our transfer spending over the next 12-18 months.  

We're not guaranteed to get the same player back after this injury either. 

So doom and gloom. 

• Like 1

2020 is already over.

'The Rooney Effect'. Remember 2004, he got his toe stood on and limped off.

Nobody dare say it. But all the players and coaches and fans knew the dream was all over.

I have a feeling that's what has happened to Rovers. The season is over now - And with a negative manager and no leaders (Lenihan aside) in the dressing room and a preceived weak mentality as a whole I can see this manifesting.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Bigger picture here.  Dack was our golden goose.  Selling him to invest  or relying on selling him to make us FFP compliant.  No one else is worth anywhere near  in the squad. 

Not only do we lose a 15 goal a season contribution but it could well hamper our transfer spending over the next 12-18 months.  

We're not guaranteed to get the same player back after this injury either. 

So doom and gloom. 

Yeah something else the idiots at UEFA (and EFL) didn't take into account.

47 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Whilst I agree with most of this, I have two issues with the bit in bold.

1) Dack doesn’t have pace in his game he drops off, shields the ball and pops up at the right place and time to nick a goal.

2) Shearer didn’t lose anything from his game after his ACL. The stats bear that out but that is straight from the horse’s mouth. His later injury to his ankle at Newcastle was what changed his game. Dack may need to adapt but not pace-wise.

It will be interesting now to see if Rovers make him a new offer to extend his contract, which protects him and potentially Rovers from getting nothing. Michael Owen was a player who despite injuries let his contracts run down at Liverpool and, IIRC, Newcastle. No rush now of course.

If he WAS leaving then we can lament the loss of cash but why didn’t this story surface until after he was injured?

• Like 2

Just now, Husky said:

The season is over now - And with a negative manager and no leaders (Lenihan aside) in the dressing room and a preceived weak mentality as a whole I can see this manifesting.

Season over? Still 22 games to go. 

Plenty to play for instead of this give up attitude

25 minutes ago, stinny1 said:

go too a 4,4,2

We played that formation today. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Season over? Still 22 games to go. 

Plenty to play for instead of this give up attitude

We played that formation today. 

We’ve lost not only a key prerequisite of our style but also a talismanic presence in the dressing room.

Big hit. Easy I understand why I and others are gutted and anticipate a struggle from here on out!