BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

51 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

What would be the reason for not activating it ASAP? Once it became clear he was in great form and there would be other clubs interested why wouldn't we trigger it? Both to secure him for the rest of the season and retain a bit of value? 

I imagine because we want him to sign a new longer contract rather than just trigger the additional year, which would be done if longer agreement can’t be reached imminently

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Are we not activating this extension then...? 🤔

We didnt activate Rothwells and Nyambes deals until the end of last season.

Granted foreign teams are more likely to be interested in Brererton but the year extension exists if there was any thought of him signing a pre contract elsewhere then the year would be activated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RoverDom said:

What would be the reason for not activating it ASAP? Once it became clear he was in great form and there would be other clubs interested why wouldn't we trigger it? Both to secure him for the rest of the season and retain a bit of value? 

It doesn't exist could be one reason.....

I'd have activated it by now to protect the asset.....my guess is that he's going for nowt in the summer if we stay down and new deal if we go up.

42 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

I'd have activated it by now to protect the asset.....my guess is that he's going for nowt in the summer if we stay down and new deal if we go up.

If it didnt exist Mowbray wouldnt be ridiculing £15 million as a price tag and there would be a lot more media speculation about him leaving in January and for a lot cheaper than the figures being mentioned.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

If it didnt exist Mowbray wouldnt be ridiculing £15 million as a price tag and there would be a lot more media speculation about him leaving in January and for a lot cheaper than the figures being mentioned.

He will just sit for 6 months and keep the 15m for himself.  The owners on the other hand will be thinking cash in now because he might be unable to trap a bag of cement again in the summer....

45 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

As for as guesses go, isn’t that just the worst possible scenario? 

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

He will just sit for 6 months and keep the 15m for himself.  The owners on the other hand will be thinking cash in now because he might be unable to trap a bag of cement again in the summer....

But if he sits for 6 months Rovers will simply activate the year’s extension. It’s in the club’s favour presumably.

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

What other scenario could you think of?.  He's not commiting his future in public 

Since it’s been reported widely that he’s got 18 months including an extension, I’d probably start by basing my “guess” on that.

14 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Mate that wont be happening.He will not be leaving for free

16 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Which, of course, there could well be, as a panicking PL club will see an international forward with 20 goals before new year and could well take a punt…

Tony even mentioned a foreign team, 100k a week and his Mrs wanting to live abroad.

He said he wouldn’t stand in his way if this happened, if we’re getting 30m.

Edited by JBiz

20 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Nobody on sky referring to this and he's being talked about... we will see.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/19763769.blackburn-rovers-transfer-news-ben-brereton-option-confirmed/

“but Mowbray confirmed Rovers do have a year option in Brereton’s deal to ensure he’s under contract until 2023.”

Find the facts before assuming the worst!

Edited by JBiz
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, super_badge said:

I imagine because we want him to sign a new longer contract rather than just trigger the additional year, which would be done if longer agreement can’t be reached imminently

And BBD is waiting for Jan 1st to speak to foreign clubs to explore matters. Worst case he finds out what they can offer and we extand his deal. It is only one more season for him and he's still young.  But would screw us right over.

Just now, Ulrich said:

And BBD is waiting for Jan 1st to speak to foreign clubs to explore matters. Worst case he finds out what they can offer and we extand his deal. It is only one more season for him and he's still young.  But would screw us right over.

In an ideal world if we got £25 million for him we could probably replace him at a level sufficient to get us out of this division.

The problem with that argument is 1) Would we see any of the money. 2) If we did get a few quid from the fee would Tony blow the dosh on another Galllagher ?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

We trigger and a massive payrise will kick in and the rest of the squad will be knocking on the managers door.....Venkys don't want that.

A more pertinent question is will he ever have another season like this?  He seems a likeable lad. Is clearly having the time of his life and has got the media attention. 

If we were guaranteed to be able to invest half the fee in players.  I'd be tempted to cash in but with rovers it's unlikely to happen.  Therefore keeping him is the sensible option. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

A more pertinent question is will he ever have another season like this?  He seems a likeable lad. Is clearly having the time of his life and has got the media attention. 

If we were guaranteed to be able to invest half the fee in players.  I'd be tempted to cash in but with rovers it's unlikely to happen.  Therefore keeping him is the sensible option. 

Last nights goal was a classic example. A miss control of the ball turns into a really good dummy and he’s through in on goal. “ When you’re hot you’re hot”.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 5