BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

13 hours ago, Atko's Engine said:

Here's a half-serious / half-jokey question to discuss; having been born in the delectable (ahem) Stoke on Trent, in 2 or 3 years' time might BBD regret nailing his colours to the Chilean mast at the tender age of 22?

Off you go...!

If he alligned to England, he wouldnt have yet had any caps and therefore likely wouldnt have had this new lease of life. Entirely the right call and a great opportunity. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Jamie Vardy is of the Ian Wright mould when it comes to a route to the top, not comparable.

BB would never have played for England.

If he scores 19 goals every 23 games for the rest of his career he will be playing for PSG never mind England 😂 

19 minutes ago, benhben said:

If he alligned to England, he wouldnt have yet had any caps and therefore likely wouldnt have had this new lease of life. Entirely the right call and a great opportunity. 

Totally agree, plus it’s been a real bonus to the Rovers. We are the number 1 foreign club in Chile, and if our commercial department gets its act in order can bring much needed funds into the club for years to come.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Spartakfenni said:

Totally agree, plus it’s been a real bonus to the Rovers. We are the number 1 foreign club in Chile, and if our commercial department gets its act in order can bring much needed funds into the club for years to come.

With the right kind of marketing, I bet the Rovers TV subscriptions in Chile at £10 per game, would go through the roof.

Does anyone know, if this market has been tapped, as done the right way, it could help with the new contract deal BBD is looking for?

52 minutes ago, HowieFive0 said:

This could be good news ..Anthony  martial would prefer to join Sevilla next month according to Sky.

That would possibly rule out one of the clubs that have been heavily  touted in signing BBD.

Might mean Newcastle chase him.

3 minutes ago, Officer Barbrady said:

35m or they can fuck off

There's a decent argument for not selling him irrespective of the price now, but if we decide that we do it would need to be that sort of figure at least. I.e. substantially more than we could realistically command in the summer, which even if he tails off a bit should be at least around £20 million. 

• Like 3

With the Brereton phenomenon in full swing I would expect the Club to be well down the line with arranging some pre-season fixtures in Chile for the summer.

This is the sort of thing required to tap into the mania and grow a new legion of interest and support in the club.

Of course there's a possibility that Covid might be an issue in 7 months' time but the Club has to operate and plan on the basis it will be possible to travel and get things lined up.

I'm sure someone will be along to tell me how it isn't possible for us to go on such a long distance pre-season tour (even though most sides go abroad pre-season and many go to Asia or America).

I'm afraid a couple of t-shirts with a Chile flag printed on simply won't cut it but expect that will be the extent of things here.

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

With the Brereton phenomenon in full swing I would expect the Club to be well down the line with arranging some pre-season fixtures in Chile for the summer.

This is the sort of thing required to tap into the mania and grow a new legion of interest and support in the club.

Of course there's a possibility that Covid might be an issue in 7 months' time but the Club has to operate and plan on the basis it will be possible to travel and get things lined up.

I'm sure someone will be along to tell me how it isn't possible for us to go on such a long distance pre-season tour (even though most sides go abroad pre-season and many go to Asia or America).

I'm afraid a couple of t-shirts with a Chile flag printed on simply won't cut it but expect that will be the extent of things here.

I think there's a better chance of me becoming Gal Gadot's sex slave tomorrow then us going to Chile for a preseason tour next season with the owners we have.

Like your thinking though, we do need to capitalize on this unique opportunity to gain some South American fans. Growing the brand will of course help the club in the short and long term.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Newcastle need a nailed on goal scorer, not somebody who might or might not score goals at that level. The can’t afford to gamble, and they don’t need to with the dosh they’ve got.

See that's my whole thing with Newcastle. Yes they can essentially next month just throw money to get guys in to help them stay up, but will have to overpay imo in the same sense to convince the players they probably want to be willing to live in Newcastle. Especially when said players will potentially get more attractive offers also.

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Newcastle need a nailed on goal scorer, not somebody who might or might not score goals at that level. They can’t afford to gamble, and they don’t need to with the dosh they’ve got.

They can have all the money in the world, the world's top stars won't move to Newcastle.

2 hours ago, Officer Barbrady said:

I think there's a better chance of me becoming Gal Gadot's sex slave tomorrow then us going to Chile for a preseason tour next season with the owners we have.

Like your thinking though, we do need to capitalize on this unique opportunity to gain some South American fans. Growing the brand will of course help the club in the short and long term.

Say hi to Ewa 👋👋

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J*B said:

Newcastle are meant to be signing that Fiorentina striker who’s scoring for fun for 40 million. I expect them to be signing players like that rather than BBD. 

It will take a lot more than £40 million to sign the striker from Fiorentina that you are talking about.

More established clubs than Newcastle will be in for him aswell.No way he goes to Newcastle

3 hours ago, lraC said:

I think that’s going to happen, to retain some value in him, but perhaps won’t be triggered, until the summer. 

I thought we had been reliably informed by the itk's  it was imperative he signed it one minute after midnight on Jan 1st in case he entered into a pre contract agreement with someone else?

• Like 2