BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

2 hours ago, Ulrich said:

We’d want big money for him in Jan given the contract extension option and our season so far. Given his international exploits and cult following in Chile, I can’t see him going for less than £25m.

In the summer it will be different as the situation will be akin to Armstrong and we’d be more willing to accept a lower offer to avoid losing him for nothing.

I do wonder whether a club would actually be willing to pay 25m or so for him. Don't get me wrong he is having an amazing season, but it is only half a season out of several and only the championship. Would BBD score 15 goals in the Premier league, la liga? I'm not so sure. I really do wish we'd slam a dack matching contract on the table, with a 25m release clause and hope he signs it ASAP.

4 hours ago, Ulrich said:

Transfer tavern lol

It's the exact same quotes from the LT the other day. Obviously if a big enough bid comes he was leaving, was it ever going to be any other way? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ulrich said:

I do wonder whether a club would actually be willing to pay 25m or so for him. Don't get me wrong he is having an amazing season, but it is only half a season out of several and only the championship. Would BBD score 15 goals in the Premier league, la liga? I'm not so sure. I really do wish we'd slam a dack matching contract on the table, with a 25m release clause and hope he signs it ASAP.

One thing about BBD's season that isn't getting much mention though is that he isn't the main man in the middle. He rarely plays centrally, yet has scored a hatful. Any club who already has a good central striker will be thinking how they can do if they can add a bunch of goals from the flank too. It doesn't need to be 15 goals, 10 from the flank in the Prem would be a very nice return.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

One thing about BBD's season that isn't getting much mention though is that he isn't the main man in the middle. He rarely plays centrally, yet has scored a hatful. Any club who already has a good central striker will be thinking how they can do if they can add a bunch of goals from the flank too. It doesn't need to be 15 goals, 10 from the flank in the Prem would be a very nice return.

It’s incredible to think that he has a more all round game than Armstrong and is arguably a better player on current form.

The massive plus with Brereton is that he’s shown he can cut it at a higher level whilst under pressure (international football). How many Championship strikers are scoring regularly for a decent international team? That may convince a PL club to go in for him in Jan but it would take silly money to get him as it stands.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

It’s incredible to think that he has a more all round game than Armstrong and is arguably a better player on current form.

The massive plus with Brereton is that he’s shown he can cut it at a higher level whilst under pressure (international football). How many Championship strikers are scoring regularly for a decent international team? That may convince a PL club to go in for him in Jan but it would take silly money to get him as it stands.

Yeah, he’s a bit unusual in that he likes to run from distance with the ball. He’s not like most strikers who are penalty area operators.

• Like 1

On 08/12/2021 at 14:32, bluebruce said:

It's a fair point that he's different in that he likes to run with the ball but I can't see Brereton succeeding in a wide position in the Premier League. In a 4-3-3 in the Prem, to succeed long-term, I think you really need to be lightning quick and good defensively and he's not that.

I think we are seeing the best of Brereton in the current Rovers formation, playing centrally, but with licence to roam. I reckon that the remainder of the season will confirm that Brereton is best as a striker.

I can't help but think what could've been had Brereton, Armstrong and Harvey Elliot clicked together last season. Perhaps, Brereton wasn't ready, for whatever reason, but we should surely have done better. Instead, but for a late season revival supported by the arrival of Harwood-Bellis, we may have neared the relegation skirmish.

Edited by riverholmes

48 minutes ago, TheRoversReturn said:

That'll be our promotion challenge coming to a swift end without even the need for a traditional death spiral...

There'll be money to reward the manager and his staff with new long term deals though as a reward. Who needs the hassle of promotion when you can sell big money players every few years whilst plodding in midtable......

I’d take £20 million all day long or even the less for their loanees.

As unfathomably amazing as this season has been for Diaz I still fear Brereton is in there somewhere. Are these 6 months the real player or is the other 3.5 years. I’d sell now than risk him being back to falling over the ball, scuffing shots and ultimately valueless.