BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

In an ideal world if we got £25 million for him we could probably replace him at a level sufficient to get us out of this division.

The problem with that argument is 1) Would we see any of the money. 2) If we did get a few quid from the fee would Tony blow the dosh on another Galllagher ?

My biggest fear is the repeat of SG. I cannot see how they can't reinvest, given the previous sales. But they need to get a player who will bang 20 min across the season, to replace BBD. I can equally see SG banging on TMs door and saying, right it's my go as the main man.

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

We trigger and a massive payrise will kick in and the rest of the squad will be knocking on the managers door.....Venkys don't want that.

Trouble is as the players approach the top end of the league position wise, those that can merit that level of pay, will want it, or there about. 30-40k is very common at our end of the table 👍

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Nobody on sky referring to this and he's being talked about... we will see.

Spoken about by ill informed pundits to be fair who dont have a clue about whats going on at rovers.It was mentioned in the soccer special(i seen it) and not one of them knew what they were talking about.Saying how we will be lucky to get 10 million for Brererton with 6 months left 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ulrich said:

Trouble is as the players approach the top end of the league position wise, those that can merit that level of pay, will want it, or there about. 30-40k is very common at our end of the table 👍

Venkys don't pay more than 15k someone on here was saying recently.  Those numbers you've quoted aren't happening here.

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Venkys don't pay more than 15k someone on here was saying recently.  Those numbers you've quoted aren't happening here.

I don't disagree but if we think they'll take 15k when the normal is 30-40 then we're nuts. I'm not saying that we should pay them that, but that 15k ceiling may have to be raised a few inches, if we're serious. It's about 750k a year, and whilst a lot, it's not in football terms. If SG is on more by the way, I'd be looking to move him on ASAP.

Edited by Ulrich
  • Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Spoken about by ill informed pundits to be fair who dont have a clue about whats going on at rovers.It was mentioned in the soccer special(i seen it) and not one of them knew what they were talking about.Saying how we will be lucky to get 10 million for Brererton with 6 months left 

Exactly the same on Talksport with Jim White and Simon Jordan today. Saying only 6 months left.

Tbf Jordan said he still wouldn't sell and would risk losing him for free in summer. He conceded 15 mill upwards he'd cash in. Anything less keep him, and gamble that he'll get Rovers to the Prem. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, The Hypnotic said:

Article in the guardian today mentioning £30m. I’d still like to keep him, even at that. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/dec/30/ten-january-transfer-window-targets-from-mbappe-to-raphinha-and-vlahovic

Quite surreal to see BBD mentioned in the same article as vlahovic end Mbappe. Love it. 

Just shows how much BBD has progressed in the last nine months.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Hypnotic said:

Article in the guardian today mentioning £30m. I’d still like to keep him, even at that. 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/dec/30/ten-january-transfer-window-targets-from-mbappe-to-raphinha-and-vlahovic

Quite surreal to see BBD mentioned in the same article as vlahovic end Mbappe. Love it. 

If Venkys want a chance to redeem themselves and perhaps claw some of their money back not selling Brereton in January is of utmost importance. Him continually banging goals in has a chance of getting Rovers promoted.

I have no idea what the situation is, and I am biased, but surely he'd be mad to leave halfway through his best season ever. If he keeps on scoring his value will only increase.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

I was wondering if his Spanish has come along yet...the answer is clearly no! Ah well, great to see Chileans willing to fly out in these uncertain times to see us and our famous Chilean. It won't become a regular occurrence that will up our gates of course, but great for the player and great for those two lads who got to see him score, meet him and take a signed shirt home for their troubles. 

9 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Playing devils advocate, I thought that players are not allowed to chat to fans with the covid regulations? Could be at unnecessary risk of infection.

They came straight from the airport and will have needed a negative PCR to fly / enter. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Playing devils advocate, I thought that players are not allowed to chat to fans with the covid regulations? Could be at unnecessary risk of infection.

Well given that you need a negative test or covid passport to enter the ground. Its safe enough. Plus Brereton would have had negative test day before the game 

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Well given that you need a negative test or covid passport to enter the ground. Its safe enough. Plus Brereton would have had negative test day before the game 

A covid passport does not prove that you havent currently got covid. I just thought it seemed strange that fans have specificaly been told not to interact with players yet the club are promoting a video doing exactly that. Seems an unnecessary risk at a time where games are being called off left right and centre.

• Like 1

Someone was telling me today that there’s a charity page set up to fly out those 3 that made up that daft Brereton song. If it happens I can only imagine the hoopla the club will put on for them.

I find the whole thing a bit tin pot but when people are applauding a 14k Xmas attendance tin pot is sadly right in our wheelhouse. 

9 minutes ago, matt83 said:

Someone was telling me today that there’s a charity page set up to fly out those 3 that made up that daft Brereton song. If it happens I can only imagine the hoopla the club will put on for them.

I find the whole thing a bit tin pot but when people are applauding a 14k Xmas attendance tin pot is sadly right in our wheelhouse. 

They’re up to a grand on Twitter now. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

A covid passport does not prove that you havent currently got covid. I just thought it seemed strange that fans have specificaly been told not to interact with players yet the club are promoting a video doing exactly that. Seems an unnecessary risk at a time where games are being called off left right and centre.

I think that there probably a difference between allowing unrestricted contact between fans and players and a short planned film where one player meets a couple of fans outside with some separation. You clearly couldn’t allow Diaz to do what he did at full time tomorrow for example.

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

They have to be performing at half time in the centre circle if we get promote

1 hour ago, matt83 said:

Anyone got a link to the page? I'd love to get the Chileans over, so would gladly donate.