BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

8 hours ago, LordBaltimore said:

It was a great uncle whom i saw on tv.  Ben's grandfather's brother.  It was his grandfather who went to the UK with Ben's mom in tow to study ceramic manufacturing.

Ben caused a stir a few months ago by declaring his family's support for Colo Colo, which is of course a divisive issue since it is one of the big teams in Chile.

Dead to me since then 😉

7 minutes ago, Armchair supporter supremo said:

switched off as soon as Dack started talking. he might have been a decent little player but I can't stand that cheecky little cockney geezer act

https://imgs.smoothradio.com/images/225056?crop=16_9&width=660&relax=1&signature=DYuvcOH4Cpg3jCZSo7Zq_yPmZXQ=

Edited by Leonard Venkhater

Last night's Chilean news story on Ben focused on the ever increasing interest in his services by other teams in the upcoming transfer window.

"Ben on the rise"

20211202_180803.thumb.jpg.6532082084f4c4c936be24f0b2f071d4.jpg

Ben has been described as "the jewel" of the upcoming January transfer window.  British sources value Brereton at USD$26M, which would make him the most expensive  player in Rover's history and the 4th highest price for a Chilean.  Chileans are particularly keen on Leeds and their coach Marcelo Bielsa's interest in the attacker (Bielsa used to coach Chile's national team) though Newcastle was also mentioned.

"Brereton' transfer price rises like foam"

20211202_180850.thumb.jpg.09a0a3a301ceb89e86ed31081fd77d3c.jpg

• Like 1

On 01/12/2021 at 08:58, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Ive not seen any mention of a 'sell on clause' being owed to Forest! if/when Brereton is sold. I'm assuming that there will be one though?? even though they already had our pants down for his initial transfee fee

One has been reported. Sorry I don't have the link. I think it was in an LT story maybe a month or two ago. The percentage wasn't known.

On 01/12/2021 at 08:58, Armchair supporter supremo said:

Ive not seen any mention of a 'sell on clause' being owed to Forest! if/when Brereton is sold. I'm assuming that there will be one though?? even though they already had our pants down for his initial transfee fee

I read there isn't a sell on and in hindsight our pants werent pulled down at all. 

13 hours ago, LordBaltimore said:

Last night's Chilean news story on Ben focused on the ever increasing interest in his services by other teams in the upcoming transfer window.

"Ben on the rise"

20211202_180803.thumb.jpg.6532082084f4c4c936be24f0b2f071d4.jpg

Ben has been described as "the jewel" of the upcoming January transfer window.  British sources value Brereton at USD$26M, which would make him the most expensive  player in Rover's history and the 4th highest price for a Chilean.  Chileans are particularly keen on Leeds and their coach Marcelo Bielsa's interest in the attacker (Bielsa used to coach Chile's national team) though Newcastle was also mentioned.

"Brereton' transfer price rises like foam"

20211202_180850.thumb.jpg.09a0a3a301ceb89e86ed31081fd77d3c.jpg

If we can get close to £20m for him, he's off.

Just now, Tom said:

He’s turned into Shearer, it’s honestly bonkers 

Is it only me that wants us to cash in ASAP? Love him, love the story, love celebrating his success. But Rovers - at 7m - can’t risk him returning back to just Ben Brereton, can they? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, J*B said:

Is it only me that wants us to cash in ASAP? Love him, love the story, love celebrating his success. But Rovers - at 7m - can’t risk him returning back to just Ben Brereton, can they? 

Yes.

He’s potentially the difference between success and failure this season.

Pick your poison.

• Like 2

• Backroom

Trigger the extension and sell him in the summer if we don't go up. We'd be bonkers to sell him in January with the table looking how it is at the minute! 

It's also no less than £20 million. He's an absolute animal!

• Like 6