BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

Great comments from him, and good to see his ambition regarding promotion. Almost certain he's off in summer, but we expected that anyway. I don't understand the resignation some have in losing him in January - I am very confident he will still be a Rovers player come February, Venky's are stubborn and I suspect they'll only waver if JDT/Broughton wish for him to be sold - which I cannot see if we are knocking on the door for promotion.  

Seems to me JDT is keeping expectations in check publicly but behind closed doors is firing the players up for a promotion push. Either that, or BBD has ambitions beyond the rest of the group. 

4 hours ago, Ossydave said:

Interesting comments, not just on his future but also promotion hopes, not on the same page as JDT was with his recent views on promotion......

JDT is simply just downplaying our chances in the media. Take the pressure of the players but of course he knows we have a good chance this season of getting top 6 and promotion. 

He is staying for the rest of the season so hopefully this puts to end the transfer talk now. Hopefully signs that new contract he been offered. 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

JDT is simply just downplaying our chances in the media. Take the pressure of the players but of course he knows we have a good chance this season of getting top 6 and promotion. 

You’re reading between the lines and not taking comments at face value… thought you didn’t do that?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Fuck off west ham.

Shit club, no history. 

Odd claim. 122-127-year old club with 3 FA cups and a European Cup Winners Cup. Never fallen below the second tier. Now in their 65th season in the top flight I believe.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Odd claim. 122-127-year old club with 3 FA cups and a European Cup Winners Cup. Never fallen below the second tier. Now in their 65th season in the top flight I believe.

Never liked them, another one of the 'big clubs' who's history pales in comparison to ours.

Despise them after their match fixing season. It's easy to stay in the top flight when you cheat. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have taken his comments at face value, and he has downplayed our chances to take the pressure of the players

So what he says to the media isn’t what he really thinks or believes.

Hmm. Some people would do well to remember that. Same applies to what Waggot and GB say as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I have taken his comments at face value, and he has downplayed our chances to take the pressure of the players

Err no you haven’t 😁, that’s you reading between the lines. Something you said you didn’t do like the rest of us as you aren’t ‘cynical’.

A relief to you know you do really, as nobody can actually be as naive as you make out at times…

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Hasta said:

So what he says to the media isn’t what he really thinks or believes.

Hmm. Some people would do well to remember that. Same applies to what Waggot and GB say as well.

3 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Err no you haven’t 😁, that’s you reading between the lines. Something you said you didn’t do like the rest of us as you aren’t ‘cynical’.

A relief to you know you do really, as nobody can actually be as naive as you make out at times…

Guys, I have explained my opinion on his comments and that it. 

You certainly have, you’ve made clear that people in football don’t always tell the truth in public… I’ll remind you of that next time you are trying to prove a point about something else and do a 180 making out what they tell the media is gospel.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

You certainly have, you’ve made clear that people in football don’t always tell the truth in public… I’ll remind you of that next time you are trying to prove a point about something else and do a 180 making out what they tell the media is gospel.

I have been more of than clear that JDT has played down promotion has a way of taking the pressure of our players. Very sensible management from JDT so early into his tenure as Rovers head coach.

I am surprised how much of a big issue you are making of JDT's comments. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Guys, I have explained my opinion on his comments and that it. 

I think the point we are making is next time Waggot says "we've done all we can".

Or GB says "money was available" or "we tried but couldn't get the deals done"

Or JDT says "I wasn't sure if Ayala was ready". 

Its not always true. Sometimes they tell white lies to the media. Saying "look at their quotes" doesn't prove anything.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hasta said:

I think the point we are making is next time Waggot says "we've done all we can".

Or GB says "money was available" or "we tried but couldn't get the deals done"

Or JDT says "I wasn't sure if Ayala was ready". 

Its not always true. Sometimes they tell white lies to the media. Saying "look at their quotes" doesn't prove anything.

People on here are over analysing JDT's comments on promotion. Of course he is going to take the pressure off his team and players, but he is a winner throughout his playing career and managerial career at Malmo. 

Nobody is! Good grief 😁

People have no issue with his comments, it’s standard manager comms with the media. 

They are just amused that you have suddenly started reading between the lines after about a decade of, at times, almost unbelievable naivety on here.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 1

Rovers have pulled Diaz from the Chile squad for their 2 friendlies during the WC break, basically saying he needs a rest.

Odd. I wonder how Ben feels about this and how it impacts back in Chile.

Just as well Rovers don't have any games for a few weeks .....

Head coach Jon Dahl Tomasson said: “Ben always wants to do well for Chile, it is something that is very important to him, but on the other hand he also needs a rest, so we will be keeping him at home on this occasion.

“I’m sure Ben would love to go, because he always wants to help every team in the world, because he loves the game that much, but on the other hand we need to protect and take care of Ben as a club."

Edited by AllRoverAsia

On 09/11/2022 at 15:42, chaddyrovers said:

People on here are over analysing JDT's comments on promotion. Of course he is going to take the pressure off his team and players, but he is a winner throughout his playing career and managerial career at Malmo. 

DJT, JDT or even Donald Duck could manage and get success at Malmö in the SSL, Swedish Sunday League, and get into the CL by UEFA granting easy access to minnows.

Edited by AllRoverAsia

33 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

DJT, JDT or even Donald Duck could manage and get success at Malmö in the SSL, Swedish Sunday League, and get into the CL by UEFA granting easy access to minnows.

Maybe look at how badly they are doing under the current coach. I think you need to calm down and take a step back. JDT is winner whether its playing career or managing career. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Sorry but this is myopic, Anglo-centric foolishness.  Just because a league system isn't full of clubs owned by nation states and venture capitalists doesn't immediately make it a pub league.  The better teams in the Swedish would likely be competitive in the Championship.

You can't have it both ways, either Malmo are minnows or they have an easy path to qualification. As it was, they had to through four rounds, seeing off Rangers and Ludogorets.

The current Chelsea manager built his reputation in the Swedish league, which suggests not many of the dugouts are manned by waterfowl.

• Like 7