BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

3 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I am someone who grew up with Abbey, proper Rovers fans from the villages between Chorley and Blackburn. His love of Rovers cannot be doubted, he is open minded, intelligent but speaks from the heart and it is this that some just cannot understand and that is why in this world of wokedom he gets banned for absolutely nothing! 

He isn’t banned here!

4 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

I am someone who grew up with Abbey, proper Rovers fans from the villages between Chorley and Blackburn. His love of Rovers cannot be doubted, he is open minded, intelligent but speaks from the heart and it is this that some just cannot understand and that is why in this world of wokedom he gets banned for absolutely nothing! 

Nobody gets banned for “ absolutely nothing “. 

• Moderation Lead
4 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

He isn’t banned.

4 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Dont see any sky stuff - you talking about this?

Good watch.
Although If this is it then it’s not Sky and doesn’t show any footage of him in tears at Birmingham - which is what I suspected. Just some research based on comments on here based on 1 tweet which was generally debunked by those that attended.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Relating to BBD and potential pre contract agreements with top Spanish clubs, I am not certain that his style of play is suited to Spanish football. I watch La Ligue regularly and dont think he fits the likes of Seville. 

If the rumours are true, their scouts don't agree.

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

This myth about Birmingham needs putting to bed for once and all because it keeps getting regurgitated. He didn't get booed at all. There were cheers from an absolute minority of Rovers fans and the camera cut to him when he had his head in his hands disappointed with his performance. No tears just frustration. As well as being there to see it myself it was confirmed to me by somebody in the Technical Area that there were no tears

The Birmingham myth gets repeated in the, otherwise very good, documentary although it is referred to as a 'rumour' but boos and tears are mentioned.

Usual story, repeat a lie often enough etc etc

• Like 4

8 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

There seems to be a growing trend of our fans thriving in making the general fanbase seem to be an angry mob. Lots of it on social media in the last week.

Not sure if I'm included in this or not, as I admit I have been a bit more vocal these last few days in calling out what I perceive to be unfair or exaggerated opinions, which I know will rub some people up the wrong way! But like those posters, I'll call it as I see it when I have time to post on here, will always be able to justify my comments with evidence, and am always happy to engage in healthy discussion that plays the ball, not the man.

I just want to clarify also that in no way do I diss the match-going support which overall is as supportive of our young team as possible (besides some of my fellow Riversiders, who are a tough crowd to please!); my only wish there is that there were more of us!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, K-Hod said:

You said directly that he was banned for absolutely nothing.

Where did you mean he was banned from then?

What I meant is that he seems to get banned simply for airing his view, I didnt say he was banned from this site at this very moment!

58 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

What I meant is that he seems to get banned simply for airing his view, I didnt say he was banned from this site at this very moment!

Then you should have written "seemed".

I'd welcome him back. Informed and funny ( on football that is).

Always used to make me laugh when some overseas based poster would have a go at Rovers fans/attendances etc. He would always reply with something like…

’I wouldn’t DREAM of going onto a Broncos forum and start slagging off lads from Denver, so **** off!’.

😁

• Like 2

6 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

Having sat near to the area where scouts are seated, I've not seen anyone resembling a Spanish scout only Leeds, Wolves, Brighton and Everton certainly in recent games.

Fair enough. It's a fair trip from Spain just to watch matches though, I imagine in this day and age a club like Sevilla has a UK-based scout and/or makes use of footage. They've certainly been linked hard and long enough to him for me to think there either is, or was something in it. That they don't seem to have made a bid and have been reported to want to take him on a free suggests to me they don't rate him highly enough for a big money move but do still want him. Personally if I were Ben I'd be really wary of any club who wants him on a free and wasn't willing to come in with decent money (upwards of 10 mill) this summer. Which seems to be all of them. It's a recipe for sitting on someone's bench and watching his career fade away.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2022 at 13:17, roversfan99 said:

There seems to be a growing trend of our fans thriving in making the general fanbase seem to be an angry mob. Lots of it on social media in the last week.

It’s moved on to George now. It’s on social media but there was a lot of ‘never play for us ever again’ on here to after cardiff 

And on social media it happens with every struggling player at every club.

It’s pathetic, it’s uncalled for, but unfortunately it won’t ever change, that’s what the internet has created.

However, there is no question that match going Rovers fans are some of the most patient around and surely that’s what matters over trying to tar a fanbase with the brush of a minority of sad acts online.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Just how exactly would a scout from a Spanish club differ from an English one?

Dress sense, appearance and the fact that we could actually read notes that were in English and not a sign of Spanish amongst them, all were English apart from the Brighton scout who was a Scot!