BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

On 16/07/2022 at 02:18, Nuttall is lost said:

What are the odds he stays?

Worryingly high. If he does, it means getting nothing next summer, or best case scenario, roughly our initial transfer fee back in January. The odds he stays because he signs a new deal are virtually non-existent.

• Like 1

Baby Diaz is due in January.

I would think he will want a big fat contract from somewhere prior to this window ending and being settled somewhere on good money before the arrival in Jan.

It won't be here.

5 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

I would think he will want a big fat contract from somewhere prior to this window ending and being settled somewhere on good money before the arrival in Jan.

It won't be here.

You don't reckon he can afford to raise a baby on just a few grand a week?

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

You don't reckon he can afford to raise a baby on just a few grand a week?

I reckon he could.

I think he would prefer to do it on tens of thousands a week though don't you?

2 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

I reckon he could.

I think he would prefer to do it on tens of thousands a week though don't you?

I don't see how it matters. Babies are expensive by normal people's standards but not once you're on a few k a week. Does the baby need Gucci bibs or something?

5 hours ago, MarkBRFC said:

It won't be here.

just in time for our yearly winter collapse

34 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I don't see how it matters. Babies are expensive by normal people's standards but not once you're on a few k a week. Does the baby need Gucci bibs or something?

Of course not, but you know that.

Do you think Diaz himself will see a few grand a week here, or potentially x4/5 his wages somewhere else and think "I don't see how it matters, I'll stay here".

He would want that regardless of having a kid, but now he is i imagine he would want to get a move sorted, a 4/5 year contract somewhere and settle down in time for the new arrival.

All professional footballers in the Championship will have a comfortable lifestyle, however every player wants that ‘big deal’ that sets them and their family up for life.

Rothwell has just bagged his.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When you’re having a new baby would you really like to be in a foreign country with only a slight understanding of the language and a country away from the usual support staff of your families ?

When Rovers are offering you 20K a week and they’re offering you 45K a week, yes. 

20 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When you’re having a new baby would you really like to be in a foreign country with only a slight understanding of the language and a country away from the usual support staff of your families ?

For the money he'll be on he'd be able to bring his family with him just about. 

Anyway it isn't like he's working a 55 hour a week job and never gets any time at home.

I'd really like him to stay but I expect that any offer Rovers would send his way would be nothing short of an insult.

To me it's looking increasingly likely that he'll be staying this season.  Venky's don't need the money and it's starting to look unlikely that anyone will offer anything approaching what we're asking for him.

In my view that would be a good thing bearing in mind how thin we currently are in terms of quality throughout the side.

3 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

To me it's looking increasingly likely that he'll be staying this season.  Venky's don't need the money and it's starting to look unlikely that anyone will offer anything approaching what we're asking for him.

In my view that would be a good thing bearing in mind how thin we currently are in terms of quality throughout the side.

Yes it could really be the key ingredient needed in our 12th place finish, then we can replace him for free next summer.

• Like 5

I don't think it has been made clear him signing a new deal is a non-starter. He's worth pushing the boat out for, salary wise.

I don't expect him to resign. But I've seen no quotes from him being 'flattered' by other clubs interest or anything along those lines, and the club is pretty quiet on deals in the pipeline. 

44 minutes ago, ben_the_beast said:

I don't think it has been made clear him signing a new deal is a non-starter. He's worth pushing the boat out for, salary wise.

I don't expect him to resign. But I've seen no quotes from him being 'flattered' by other clubs interest or anything along those lines, and the club is pretty quiet on deals in the pipeline. 

It hasn't 'been made clear', it just is clear. He has clubs circling who won't think twice about giving him 60k per week, especially on a free. Our limit seems to be around 20k. Even for an exceptional case I doubt we'd go past 30k, which would still be half what he's likely to be able to get. We can't even keep RBs that want 6k p/w from joining shite like Wigan, there is no chance he stays here for half what he can get somewhere like Sevilla or West Ham.

IMO the only possibility is if he stops being Diaz and reverts back to Brereton, then sees a now excessive offer on the table from us with far less interest elsewhere. Otherwise it really is a non-starter far as I can see.

1 hour ago, simongarnerisgod said:

get him sold,i am worried that brereton will reappear and diaz will disappear,i would`nt take the risk,flog him to the money crazy premier league

I think under JDT he'll get better if anything.

Potential suitors would rather him have another good season before getting their cheques out though I'd imagine. Absolutely no use to us if so....but they only need to see whats happened with Armstrong and many others before him to make them cautious. 

The queue for Brereton after another good season, on a free, would be a mile long. 

Deadline day should be before the season starts.

Looking likely he will start the season with us but still think some team will panic and  match the asking price, especially if he starts the season in goalscoring form. 

As deadline draws closer there will be someone in the Prem desperate for a forward and to a lot of those teams 15/20 million is nothing.

I won't hold my breath but a club that is well run would have already agreed on a percentage of any sale that could be used for a replacement and clubs sounded out showing interest and discussing possible fee etc.Hopefully now Broughton here the club has a plan and the owners will let that plan be put into action 

Think it will have to be at least £15 million before Venkys will do a deal.If we are only recieving offers 10...11..12.. mill I don't think they will sell him 

4 hours ago, islander200 said:

I won't hold my breath but a club that is well run would have already agreed on a percentage of any sale that could be used for a replacement and clubs sounded out showing interest and discussing possible fee etc.Hopefully now Broughton here the club has a plan and the owners will let that plan be put into action

The worry in the back of my mind is....that is the plan, it has been put into action, and we are spending it in advance.