BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

On 20/07/2022 at 17:43, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

When you’re having a new baby would you really like to be in a foreign country with only a slight understanding of the language and a country away from the usual support staff of your families ?

Well there are English language schools that teach to the British curriculum in Seville, if he stayed there long enough. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Good piece from Sharpe and emphasises that the fans at games have supported him throughout his time here, good and bad. Understanding, patient supporters at this club, he’d have been hounded at many others.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20884285.blackburn-rovers-hold-ben-brereton-venkys-refuse-budge-valuation/

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Good piece from Sharpe and emphasises that the fans at games have supported him throughout his time here, good and bad. Understanding, patient supporters at this club, he’d have been hounded at many others.

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/20884285.blackburn-rovers-hold-ben-brereton-venkys-refuse-budge-valuation/

Hopefully that puts the Birmingham myth to bed.

On 28/07/2022 at 23:18, Nate said:

Well there are English language schools that teach to the British curriculum in Seville, if he stayed there long enough. 

Just as importantly going to Spain would rapidly improve his Spanish, which will be very handy for him in Chile.

Diaz still has a clumsy element to his game. I'm sure things like this are what make some clubs doubt his ability and whether he was worth the investment this summer just gone.

What I think they have missed is the mentality of the guy. Its why I have faith he'll be a success at a higher level. We've all seen his rise, he's overcome his own self doubts and consistently he doesn't hide. His exploits with Chile showed that.

Even if he moves to a Premier League club and struggles, he strikes me as a person who will always find a way, whether that were in football or elsewhere. And I'm sure we'd see, 6 or 12 months down the line, a very good Premier League player. My opinion is he's a top player and a top bloke, both likable but with a gritty determination not often seen in todays game. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ben_the_beast said:

Diaz still has a clumsy element to his game. I'm sure things like this are what make some clubs doubt his ability and whether he was worth the investment this summer just gone.

What I think they have missed is the mentality of the guy. Its why I have faith he'll be a success at a higher level. We've all seen his rise, he's overcome his own self doubts and consistently he doesn't hide. His exploits with Chile showed that.

Even if he moves to a Premier League club and struggles, he strikes me as a person who will always find a way, whether that were in football or elsewhere. And I'm sure we'd see, 6 or 12 months down the line, a very good Premier League player. My opinion is he's a top player and a top bloke, both likable but with a gritty determination not often seen in todays game. 

Totally agree - he plays football with a smile on his face, and despite all the transfer rumours still put in 100% - which is great to see.

He could make himself a legend by signing a contract extension (even with a release clause), and protecting the clubs investment (and support when he was c***) - but I can't see it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

I agree with a lot of this. The problem BBD has is premier league clubs won’t give him time . He hits the ground running or he’s gone. We all saw how long it took him to adjust with the move here , the fee weighing on him etc. it only take three or four bad games and touches to have the crowd on your back. The added scrutiny the premier league brings.

Maybe he’s matured and the chile things has helped but as it stands (not Saying he can’t or won’t improve) I don’t see a world where BBD plays week in week out In the premier league . Infact I’d go as far as to say it’s career suicide (from a playing point of view) he’s be better off in Spain or Italy first imo

Edited by Oldgregg86
  • Like 2

I'm not sure that he'd be that tmuch better off in Spain, Italy or any other top league over the PL.

I watch quite a bit of La Liga. Yes, the Spanish game is slower pace than the PL, but the level of technical skill on display is considerably higher than what Brereton currently shows. He'd really have to step up IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wheelton Blue said:

I'm not sure that he'd be that tmuch better off in Spain, Italy or any other top league over the PL.

I watch quite a bit of La Liga. Yes, the Spanish game is slower pace than the PL, but the level of technical skill on display is considerably higher than what Brereton currently shows. He'd really have to step up IMO.

Yeah I agree the step up is huge but if he is going to play in the top league he’s a better chance in Spain than in the premier league. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There seems to be a chance that Ecuador could be thrown out of this year's World Cup finals because they fielded an ineligible player in 8 qualifying matches. Chile have brought the case to FIFA and they might replace Ecuador if they are thrown out. But it might also be Peru that come in - there is currently no clarity. But it might mean that Ben might yet still be off to Qatar.

8 minutes ago, only2garners said:

There seems to be a chance that Ecuador could be thrown out of this year's World Cup finals because they fielded an ineligible player in 8 qualifying matches. Chile have brought the case to FIFA and they might replace Ecuador if they are thrown out. But it might also be Peru that come in - there is currently no clarity. But it might mean that Ben might yet still be off to Qatar.

I'm off to Phuket for the world cup.

2 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Whatever happened to poster Stuart btw?

I thought that the other day when I was looking back at an old thread.

Another lost poster is phillipl, who hasn’t either posted or looked in on the site for well over a year.

I don’t post on the other (Thenodrog’s) site but a mate of mine, who used to post on here, defected over there and for a few years, posted virtually daily. Then, at the beginning of June, this year, he simply stopped posting. Sometimes, I think a nerve is touched, for some reason and posters throw in the towel.

6 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Just to confirm- PhilipL and Stuart aren’t banned, Philip gave a reason for no longer posting (that’s between him and the mods) and Stuart simply stopped.

Shame about Stuart no longer posting. IMO one of the best on here. 

• Like 1

If BBD and Kaminski are involve the world cup then shows the progress of each player at Rovers and the improvement that they have made here. If they miss games cos the world cup, then there is nothing Rovers can do about it. 

I'm no fan of this world cup or the fact its being played in Qatar but thats not for this thread

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

If BBD and Kaminski are involve the world cup then shows the progress of each player at Rovers and the improvement that they have made here. If they miss games cos the world cup, then there is nothing Rovers can do about it. 

I'm no fan of this world cup or the fact its being played in Qatar but thats not for this thread

And Vale with Wales.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

It does and obviously its out of our control but it would be better if they didnt end up there.

51 minutes ago, rigger said:

And Vale with Wales.

No chance.

• Like 1