BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Ben Brereton Diaz

48 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i 100% agree,even if it`s just a half,mowbray is going to appear pretty silly if big ben can play for chile but not for us,can`t see it happening,we`ll be hindered by buckley as a "false nine" no doubt

He has rested players before when games were fairly close together, a freshly returned player seems more likely to be rested in the circumstance. If he doesn't name him at all I agree he will look silly, can only see that happening if he pettily tries to prove some point to Chile, which wouldn't be beyond him. But putting him on the bench and bringing him on around 60 min mark would be justifiable, whether everyone agrees or not, as it is well within his and other managers' form books.

Maybe he will start him, we will see. The tombola reigns supreme after all.

• Like 1

Brereton flying to Chile and only being able to return today means that he wont start on Saturday.  He in theory could have started with 2 weeks in England. Thank there are no more Chile games this season, that will likely affect us ever and the whole circus will hopefully ideal away with them out of of the World Cup qualifiers.

3 minutes ago, islander200 said:

He had to go to Chile we had no choice in the matter refusal would have led to a ban for Brererton anyway and he wouldn't have been available to start tomorrow 

But he is available to start tomorrow and played 80 mins 4 days ago,

If he’s ‘sore’ then painkilling injection and on you go.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Hasta said:

But he is available to start tomorrow and played 80 mins 4 days ago,

If he’s ‘sore’ then painkilling injection and on you go.

Or Chile were desperate and played him before he was ready. Any player is going to want to play in the circumstances

It's a tough one we do need him asap but if he isn't to start personally I wouldn't be too harsh on Mowbray as the guy has been out for weeks, Chile didn't think him fit enough for the Brazil match and has had a lot of travelling, sportsman or not it affects you.

57 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Or Chile were desperate and played him before he was ready. Any player is going to want to play in the circumstances

It's a tough one we do need him asap but if he isn't to start personally I wouldn't be too harsh on Mowbray as the guy has been out for weeks, Chile didn't think him fit enough for the Brazil match and has had a lot of travelling, sportsman or not it affects you.

I suppose we have to think of the long term effects that rushing him back might have on his career at Sevilla or West Ham.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, islander200 said:

Chile were more than desperate if they thought a Championship player returning from injury could save their WC campaign against all rational thinking and odds.

Friggin mental of Chile and Brereton for that matter.

They got what they deserved. Nowt.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Chile were more than desperate if they thought a Championship player returning from injury could save their WC campaign against all rational thinking and odds.

Friggin mental of Chile and Brereton for that matter.

They got what they deserved. Nowt.

And what if Diaz was fit enough to play ?

25 minutes ago, rigger said:

And what if Diaz was fit enough to play ?

He could not have been properly match fit, he had no 90 min games since the injury happened. Chile kept him on until Uruguay scored. The logic in that is known only to Chile and maybe Brereton.

I watched the first 30 mins of the Chile game, I'll just say he didn't do much.

10 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He could not have been properly match fit, he had no 90 min games since the injury happened. Chile kept him on until Uruguay scored. The logic in that is known only to Chile and maybe Brereton.

I watched the first 30 mins of the Chile game, I'll just say he didn't do much.

He hasn't done much since christmas.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I’m not picking on the lad as he’s probably not even fit, but I think I am going to be right in that he won’t even be a one season wonder. Half-season wonder is more apt.

I bet the lads who backed him to score 20 goals can’t believe their luck. Imagine if he was on 19 now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I’m not picking on the lad as he’s probably not even fit, but I think I am going to be right in that he won’t even be a one season wonder. Half-season wonder is more apt.

Lacking match fitness and don't forget the team is struggling aswell. 

I think he was 7 out of 10 today and he should have scored that header in the first half

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

7 out of 10?! Very generous. He was shit like most of the team.

well my opinion is different and I stand by that. I have also commented who I thought had a poor performance today. 

You sound like that Rovers fan who sit near me using the term "shit" alot during the game

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I bet the lads who backed him to score 20 goals can’t believe their luck. Imagine if he was on 19 now.

Literally the only good thing to come out of this season will have been that a portion of our fans will have gotten something out of it in regards to the Diaz bet. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

well my opinion is different and I stand by that. I have also commented who I thought had a poor performance today. 

You sound like that Rovers fan who sit near me using the term "shit" alot during the game

Whoever that was sounds like they were pretty spot on today.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

I'm becoming of a mind that if someone wants to pay a lot for him it will be a bit of a Roque situation...ie a good move to sell and the player never hitting that form again. I'd want a nice sell on just in case though.

Not that I'm mad at his second half of the season form, it has been heavily disrupted by a combo of injuries, Chile, and the rest of the team suddenly being shite.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Not that I'm mad at his second half of the season form, it has been heavily disrupted by a combo of injuries, Chile, and the rest of the team suddenly being shite.

I think he's done a Ryan Fraser....lads off and it's sorted.  Why risk an injury 

3 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Lacking match fitness and don't forget the team is struggling aswell. 

I think he was 7 out of 10 today and he should have scored that header in the first half

He was preoccupied with fouling the Blackpool defender and lost the flight of the ball and the result was a pathetic header at an almost open goal.

3 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

I think he's done a Ryan Fraser....lads off and it's sorted.  Why risk an injury 

I tend to agree. Not many gave a brave type of performance yesterday and it looked like it was either the managers lack of motivation, or heads were elsewhere. Perhaps a deal is all but done for a transfer to bigger and better things.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

He was preoccupied with fouling the Blackpool defender and lost the flight of the ball and the result was a pathetic header at an almost open goal.

He’s never been that good a header of the ball, especially for someone so tall. Him and Gallagher make a good pair in that respect. Both are giants who would be out jumped by David Speedie.