BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v West Brom 1 Jan 2019

• Backroom
7 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Really? Why on earth were you only expecting a yellow? Cos the ref was naff? If I saw it happen in a thousand game I'd be baffled if a single game didn't give a red. Wouldn't expect Fergie's manure to get away with that at Old Trafford.

It deserved a red I just wasn’t expecting it would be given 

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, perthblue02 said:

Whilst I get your point, Considering Dacks was all smiles at the end going round the other players etc , think it is a good thing when a player is disappointed at being subbed . In this case think it was more to do with Dacks frustration at giving the penalty away and being hauled off before trying to make amends

Hopefully. Obviously he may not be with us much longer anyway, so it may not mean much long term anyway!

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Dack's reaction to being subbed - in one sense you'd say it's good that he wanted to stay on, but on the other hand it makes you wonder whether some of the players are starting to get fed up with the manager's decisions, particularly when it comes to substitutions. We won the match today so ultimately you have to say Tony's decisions were correct, but it's still a bit of a concern to see a player having a strop when being taken off the pitch.

A little less pressure now for the Milwall match, a draw there now wouldn't be the end of the world as long as we beat an Ipswich team who are dead in the water at this point. 

I’d love to know what Mowbray’s thinking was there with Dack. It was clearly a surprise to young Bradley. He was remonstrating with his teammates about something.

Personally I don’t think the pressure is off the Millwall game. If we don’t win that we’ve thrown away what we got today. Let’s not be thinking we can afford to drop points because of three points against West Brom. We lost two against Birmingham so we are all square. We now need to start again and target wins where we can. Starting with Millwall and definitely Ipswich.

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

I’d love to know what Mowbray’s thinking was there with Dack. It was clearly a surprise to young Bradley. He was remonstrating with his teammates about something.

Personally I don’t think the pressure is off the Millwall game. If we don’t win that we’ve thrown away what we got today. Let’s not be thinking we can afford to drop points because of three points against West Brom. We lost two against Birmingham so we are all square. We now need to start again and target wins where we can. Starting with Millwall and definitely Ipswich.

I'd obviously prefer a win against Millwall, but they've won three on the spin now and the Den is not an easy place to go. For me a draw would be acceptable as long as we then got three points from Ipswich. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fraserkirky said:

Amari Bell was excellent I thought, lightyears better than Williams who wasn't even in the squad.

Reed is just incredible.

I thought he had a solid game for 85 mins but was woeful right at the end. Aside from needlessly giving the ball in the wrong areas at the end, he also ‘went up’ for a header during a mad scramble in the box in very half hearted pathetic manner. In the dying minutes you need your defenders putting their bodies on the line to see out the win - see Mulgrew block. Bell isn’t the kind of player you’d want in the trenches with you. 

1 minute ago, david brent said:

I thought he had a solid game for 85 mins but was woeful right at the end. Aside from needlessly giving the ball in the wrong areas at the end, he also ‘went up’ for a header during a mad scramble in the box in very half hearted pathetic manner. In the dying minutes you need your defenders putting their bodies on the line to see out the win - see Mulgrew block. Bell isn’t the kind of player you’d want in the trenches with you. 

Perhaps if he got a bit of a run and stopped being fecked around by mowbray accommodating the very poor Williams.  Jesus, if Williams was ahead of me there I'd be well cheesed off. Bell has a lot of potential in my opinion 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, david brent said:

It was panic stations from everyone Dave, I though Bell did more defending and intercepting than normal today, and looked to support up the left, particularly first half. Had a good game.

And breathe. Where did 6 Minutes come from I swear these officials make the stoppage time number. Not exactly convincing in stoppage time but we got the job done. We still need a big dominant centre half particularly to deal with set pieces better.

Dack was excellent we offered little threat in attack once he went off, he was involved in most of the chances that we created today. Mulgrew was excellent in defence and his goals are so vital to this team considering the lack of goals from the midfield and wide forwards. Graham showed in those final 10-15 minutes just why he is so vital when we are hanging on to a lead. As for young Travis I have been calling for him to be given a chance for a long time now and I am delighted that he has and with how he has taken it, what a tremendous young talent he is. How nice is it to see a central midfielder that passes the ball forward and who is not afraid to run with it. Today should put to bed any talk of him leaving on loan.

Again the biggest weakness in our team today was the full backs. Surely Mowbray can see by now that Bennett is not a full back, if Nyambe is going to be out for any length of time then we need to bring in a right back on loan. As for Bell it must just be his style but he is far too casual for my liking both when defending and when in possession. One slight positive with Bell is that he is looking a bit more of a threat going forward.

• Like 1

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

Might be West Brom, rumours today that Harvey Barnes could be recalled to Leicester.

Just think if a deal was being done while the game was on and Dack’s goal was the clincher.

4 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

Might be West Brom, rumours today that Harvey Barnes could be recalled to Leicester.

Could see that, Barnes has no business in the Championship. He was a bloody nightmare today, not often you see Reed having to wrestle a guy to the ground cause he cant stop him. Bennett on skates all day. Stevens and then Barnes, Hurry back Ryan Nyambe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ewood Ace said:

And breathe. Where did 6 Minutes come from I swear these officials make the stoppage time number. Not exactly convincing in stoppage time but we got the job done. We still need a big dominant centre half particularly to deal with set pieces better.

Dack was excellent we offered little threat in attack once he went off, he was involved in most of the chances that we created today. Mulgrew was excellent in defence and his goals are so vital to this team considering the lack of goals from the midfield and wide forwards. Graham showed in those final 10-15 minutes just why he is so vital when we are hanging on to a lead. As for young Travis I have been calling for him to be given a chance for a long time now and I am delighted that he has and with how he has taken it, what a tremendous young talent he is. How nice is it to see a central midfielder that passes the ball forward and who is not afraid to run with it. Today should put to bed any talk of him leaving on loan.

Again the biggest weakness in our team today was the full backs. Surely Mowbray can see by now that Bennett is not a full back, if Nyambe is going to be out for any length of time then we need to bring in a right back on loan. As for Bell it must just be his style but he is far too casual for my liking both when defending and when in possession. One slight positive with Bell is that he is looking a bit more of a threat going forward.

That's Bells style I think.  It is a new level for him and hes not been allowed to play consistently and I think its stunting his development.  He has the basics in place, needs to grow into a man and with  a good run, could do ok over the next 2 seasons

18 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Amari Bell was excellent I thought, lightyears better than Williams who wasn't even in the squad.

Reed is just incredible.

Funny how we see things differently in football.  I thought Bell was poor again today.  His first touch is abysmal.  Neither Bell or Williams good enough.  

26 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I’ll honestly lose all respect for him if he does.

It would also be rank bad man management, a great demotivator.  Would send the message to the rest of the squad that no matter how well you play my favourites will be picked first.   A killer blow.

• Like 4

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

That's Bells style I think.  It is a new level for him and hes not been allowed to play consistently and I think its stunting his development.  He has the basics in place, needs to grow into a man and with  a good run, could do ok over the next 2 seasons

Yeah I think its his style to but it does always make me rather nervous and has cost us goals this season. There is no doubt in my mind that both Bell and Williams have been effected by not getting a consistent run it can't be easy to be playing one week and the on the bench the next, particularly for a defender. We need to pick which one is going to be our left back and give them a consistent run that may also help tighten the defence up a bit and make us look a more cohesive unit. 

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

Yeah I think its his style to but it does always make me rather nervous and has cost us goals this season. There is no doubt in my mind that both Bell and Williams have been effected by not getting a consistent run it can't be easy to be playing one week and the on the bench the next, particularly for a defender. We need to pick which one is going to be our left back and give them a consistent run that may also help tighten the defence up a bit and make us look a more cohesive unit. 

I thought Bell was a lot better today.  I have not been a fan of his but today he did everything better.

33 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Reed is just incredible.

Shows how people see things differently. In the first half I thought Bell was shocking.  He got beat practically every time.

Travis was excellent and, as everyone says, it would be criminal if he lost his place after that. Bennet was shaky, especially the last 30 minutes,  but his defensive header from within the 6 yard box in the first half was a cracking clearance. 

Armstrong was very good but mainly down to his pace. You know within the first 10 minutes If he is going to play well or not depending on whether he goes past the full back early. As good as Reed was, he's not a wide. An and his crossing was poor. 

Stupid penalty to give away by Dack but loved hIs finish.

As we look to be neither going up or down, full strength side at Newcastle please Tony.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 3