BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v West Brom 1 Jan 2019

• Moderation Lead

Travis exceptional today. If anyone thinks Smallwood is better than him, I’d recommend a visit to your local opticians ASAP.

Armstrong very good as well. 

Bennett poor today, but out of position to be fair. Felt Reed should have played at right back really. 

Just relieved with the win in all honesty!!

• Like 1

• Backroom

Brereton was booked for blocking the keeper not diving I think 

Genuinely thought they had scored at the end, no idea how it stayed out but appears it was another Raya save 

Edited by Tom

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Today’s the day I’m pretty sure we won’t go down after getting a bit wobbly in December but I’m confident we are a better team than at least the bottom 4

Unbeaten this year , things looking good for avoiding a relegation scrap :)

• Like 2

Excellent three points just when we needed them. Dack giving away that penalty defied belief after verything that has gone on the last few games. Plus Bell brought on a lot of the late pressure giving the ball away in our defensive third. Another great performance by Travis. Get a better centre half and left back and we could have a good second half to the season.

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

What happened with Livermore from West Brom? I read on the BBC he got involved with Travis, but it didn't go into detail.

He pretty much just threw him to the ground after a free kick had been given and Trav went to get the ball from him , it was totally needless and idiotic but I was only expecting to see a yellow 

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

If Mowbray drops Travis for Smallwood he wants his bumps feeling.

You know he will Stuart.  Said it before I like Travis but if we keep mis handling him like we have we will have another Connor Mahoney on our hands.  That or we will demotivate him to the point of him thinking why bother.

Just now, Norbert Rassragr said:

What happened with Livermore from West Brom? I read on the BBC he got involved with Travis, but it didn't go into detail.

Livermore judothrowed him to the ground after Travis chasing him down and disspossed him.

Just now, USABlue said:

You know he will Stuart.  Said it before I like Travis but if we keep mis handling him like we have we will have another Connor Mahoney on our hands.  That or we will demotivate him to the point of him thinking why bother.

Got your point, but I am much more impressed with Travis than with Mahoney. Would be gutted to see Travis go (even on loan this month)

14 minutes ago, Tom said:

He pretty much just threw him to the ground after a free kick had been given and Trav went to get the ball from him , it was totally needless and idiotic but I was only expecting to see a yellow 

Really? Why on earth were you only expecting a yellow? Cos the ref was naff? If I saw it happen in a thousand game I'd be baffled if a single game didn't give a red. Wouldn't expect Fergie's manure to get away with that at Old Trafford.

• Like 2

Massive result that.

Because of our bad run, it has done nothing for our league position but, psychologically, hanging on to that win was huge.

Take a bow Lewis Travis, his energy and determination to go forward rather than back was the driving force behind our midfield today. Armstrong was excellent for our second goal too. The rest were pretty average if we are honest including Dack, despite scoring again. Anyone know the story behind him going off? That was a big call from Mowbray but we got the points so he can take some credit. Least said about Brereton the better though...

Still 15th but we are now only 4 points off 10th, and 12 points clear of the relegation places.

100% record in 2019 - Mowbray’s Invincibles!

• Like 3

• Backroom

Positives:

The result - obviously unexpected and a much needed three points after a dismal run of form. I was expecting us to get hammered today so fair play to the manager and the players on getting a very good win.

Holding onto the lead - something we haven't been able to do recently. 

Travis - if he performs like this in the next two games then there is no excuse for bringing Smallwood back into the team. Whether you agree that Smallwood's challenge deserved a red or not, the fact is it came about because of his own stupidity with a needless tackle. He only has himself to blame for losing his spot and Mowbray needs to be strong and make him aware that stupid actions have consequences, as he did with Travis last season. 

Negatives:

Not many, but...

Self-destructive tendencies still apparent - considering our recent run of form, giving away a needless penalty after going two goals up is just unacceptable. This idiocy needs to stop. We managed to hold on today but giving WBA a lifeline with half an hour still to play was totally unnecessary.

Dack's reaction to being subbed - in one sense you'd say it's good that he wanted to stay on, but on the other hand it makes you wonder whether some of the players are starting to get fed up with the manager's decisions, particularly when it comes to substitutions. We won the match today so ultimately you have to say Tony's decisions were correct, but it's still a bit of a concern to see a player having a strop when being taken off the pitch.

A little less pressure now for the Milwall match, a draw there now wouldn't be the end of the world as long as we beat an Ipswich team who are dead in the water at this point. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, USABlue said:

I’ll honestly lose all respect for him if he does.

Just now, DE. said:

Positives:

The result - obviously unexpected and a much needed three points after a dismal run of form. I was expecting us to get hammered today so fair play to the manager and the players on getting a very good win.

Holding onto the lead - something we haven't been able to do recently. 

Travis - if he performs like this in the next two games then there is no excuse for bringing Smallwood back into the team. Whether you agree that Smallwood's challenge deserved a red or not, the fact is it came about because of his own stupidity with a needless tackle. He only has himself to blame for losing his spot and Mowbray needs to be strong and make him aware that stupid actions have consequences, as he did with Travis last season. 

Negatives:

Not many, but...

Self-destructive tendencies still apparent - considering our recent run of form, giving away a needless penalty after going two goals up is just unacceptable. This idiocy needs to stop. We managed to hold on today bit giving WBA a lifeline with half an hour still to play was totally unnecessary.

Dack's reaction to being subbed - in one sense you'd say it's good that he wanted to stay on, but on the other hand it makes you wonder whether some of the players are starting to get fed up with the manager's decisions, particularly when it comes to substitutions. We won the match today so ultimately you have to say Tony's decisions were correct, but it's still a bit of a concern to see a player having a strop when being taken off the pitch.

A little less pressure now for the Milwall match, a draw there now wouldn't be the end of the world as long as we beat an Ipswich team who are dead in the water at this point. 

When said player had just given away a stupid unnecessary penalty after everything that has gone on the last few games, I personally couldn’t give a stuff how he felt about being subbed. It’s about time there were consequences.

• Like 9

Just now, DE. said:

I'd take a draw at Millwall in view of my dismal record watching Rovers there. 

I do wish Mowbray would get a big dominating centre half in - and soon.  Would make a huge difference to the side

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Exiled in Toronto said:

When said player had just given away a stupid unnecessary penalty after everything that has gone on the last few games, I personally couldn’t give a stuff how he felt about being subbed. It’s about time there were consequences.

I can't disagree with that, I just thought his reaction was interesting as I haven't seen that before from any players during Mowbray's reign. 

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Whilst I get your point, Considering Dacks was all smiles at the end going round the other players etc , think it is a good thing when a player is disappointed at being subbed . In this case think it was more to do with Dacks frustration at giving the penalty away and being hauled off before trying to make amends

• Like 2