BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading v Rovers

Just now, Mercer said:

Well that was totally uninspiring.

Little intensity or passion.

Reading are cr@p.  Sat there thinking this lot wont score against us even if they played until midnight and then we give the lad the freedom of the penalty box.

To be one down against a shower like Reading says it all.

Our full backs are awful.  Our midfield has no creativity.  Armstrong has no football brain and is playing at least one league too high.  Brereton remains the mystery man - a couple of neat touches early on, what you'd expect from any pro, but very little since.

Do I go to the local or endure the second half? 

Change the record.  Decent half let down by a slip by Bell.

• Like 1

Just now, Miker said:

You can blame Mowbray for buying Bell, but that’s about it. 

We’ve created numerous chances but the players are making individual mistakes. You can’t blame the tactical setup for us conceding from the 1 chance Reading have had all day.

Bristol City only really had one chance too. Seems to be a theme. 

Reality check Mowbray. Talked in the LET about giving Rothwell a run in the side and then picks Conway, made himself look a right d*ckhead. Then not only that, his favourites get a run out and we're losing to Reading. Learn some lessons man, it's about time. Are we developing Nyambe or not? He's not a teenager anymore, he needs to play. Dan Butterworth is 20, he's older than Brereton, are we loaning him out or are we going to develop him and give him a chance? I wouldn't mid losing to reading if chances on these younger lads were being taken but he's absolutely bottled it here... Regardless if we get something out of it. 

• Like 6

Just now, Mike E said:

Have to say, I’ve enjoyed BB’s performance up front. Not a chaser like Graham, but happy to dribble forward and just push it out into the channels. Needs to make sure he’s ready for the ball coming into the box though, instead of hanging round the D.

Agree. He's done ok but sometimes needs to bust a lung and get into the box. He's given me a little more faith than I had in him at half 7

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

If we have any aspirations of promotion in the next year or 2, we need to sort the defence ..yet it's not an issue for TM.

Frankly, if we have aspirations of staying in this league in the next year or two we need to sort the defence. As soon as the goals dry up and/or Graham's age catches up with him and/or he picks up an injury we are toast.

People saying its clueless to be calling for the managers head after this season. Wont happen but so many reasons to be pessimistic.

1) Refuses to pick the best players in the best position

2) Too loyal to poor players for no reason. Refuses to pick others for no apparent reason. Blind to our weaknesses.

3) Tactically weak for this level. Plays scared against every other team.

4) Seems to be the only one in our club who didn't fancy a genuine promotion push this season.

6) Scouting ambition is limited to say the least. Got a bargain with Dack (because of 1 good game vs Cov) but who else, really?

5) 100% will not take us to the premiership.

6) 12 months from now it'll be like Bowyer MKII.

I like the guy and hope I'm wrong, but I'm not. 45 mins here wont change my mind.

• Like 1

Just now, Neal said:

Reality check Mowbray. Talked in the LET about giving Rothwell a run in the side and then picks Conway, made himself look a right d*ckhead. Then not only that, his favourites get a run out and we're losing to Reading. Learn some lessons man, it's about time. Are we developing Nyambe or not? He's not a teenager anymore, he needs to play. Dan Butterworth is 20, he's older than Brereton, are we loaning him out or are we going to develop him and give him a chance? I wouldn't mid losing to reading if chances on these younger lads were being taken but he's absolutely bottled it here... Regardless if we get something out of it. 

Two of my biggest criticisms of Mowbray are what he says and what he does tend to be two different things and that his handling of young players isn't very good.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Well that was totally uninspiring.

Little intensity or passion.

Reading are cr@p.  Sat there thinking this lot wont score against us even if they played until midnight and then we give the lad the freedom of the penalty box.

To be one down against a shower like Reading says it all.

Our full backs are awful.  Our midfield has no creativity.  Armstrong has no football brain and is playing at least one league too high.  Brereton remains the mystery man - a couple of neat touches early on, what you'd expect from any pro, but very little since.

Do I go to the local or endure the second half? 

Get down the local.

Have they got Spuds on?

• Moderation Lead
10 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

I keep reading this from people that after two losses say the season is over.

So if we’d spunked a load on Assombalonga or something, upset the wage structure, but happened to lose two games...

...what an amazing business decision that would have been.

We’ve played decently this half.

STILL CANNOT BELIEVE the amount of “Mowbray out” on here.

What, two whole posts?