BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Reading v Rovers

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Nah. Even Shebby knows Bell is shit. 

Haha too be fair we all thought he had potential after he gradually got more game time last season and at the start of this season, last summer nobody said we needed a new left back as we all thought Bell and Williams were good options.. How wrong we were!! His recruitment has been questionable that’s undeniable but like i’ve said before, come back too me when this summers transfer window is done.. I pray too god he proves us all wrong and brings some players in who will genuinely improve the team and help us kick on.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gamst said:

I am conflicted when it comes to TM. My hunch is that he will struggle to take us any further. I don't feel like he is ruthless enough to get the best out of the players and the soft underbelly that we repeatedly show is evidence of that. Having said that, he deserves more time to prove the doubters wrong as he has generally done a sterling job so far. His most significant contribution has been the way he reversed the club's rapid descent and brought some pride back in the badge. He has mostly achieved this by being a thoroughly nice man. He deserves to be given every reasonable opportunity to get us back to the promised land! 

And that is the problem with Mowbray that he is absolutely a nice man and after some of the charlatan's we have had recently he has been what the club has needed. However to take the next step I feel that the nice man lacks that ruthlessness to clear out a lot of deadwood. The likes of Bennett, Williams, Smallwood, Conway all handed new contracts in the summer and given plenty of game time this season even though they aren't anyway near up to standard.

Edited by Ewood Ace
  • Like 2

On 10/02/2019 at 10:15, JeffRover said:

Whatever you do Rovers, do not lose this. We may have messageboard meltdown. Think I’m going to this match, and my away record this season isn’t the best. 3 losses out of 3 and 11 goals conceded. Pray for me! ?

Do everyone a favour and stay home next time.

Thanks ever so much.

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I know what you're saying but they were far from the worst tonight although I think the loyalty card extends too far to the likes of Bennett TM is clearly looking to shoehorn him in now for the sake of it. A great utility man but probably should be doing that from the bench at the min.

Bell & Williams are another case in point as it really wouldn't cost big money to upgrade one of those yet he won't do it and prefers to bemoan not being able to throw enough at the likes of Austin and Assombalonga.

I thought Smallwood was quite poor to be honest.

Conway was better but just has more ability to fall back on. Neither are players we need if we are looking to progress as TM says we are.

Bennett at right back hasn't worked for a while now and it needs to change.

Bell and Williams most definitely need to be replaced in the summer but in truth the whole back 4 needs work.

What sickens me is the starting line-up. There was an overwhelmingly negative response to it on here and we were absolutely right!

I just don't get what TM is playing at. We can see that wouldn't work, why couldn't he?

Are we going to use the rest of the season as an experiment in the belief that we can't go down? What possible incentive is there for fans to turn up?

• Like 1

Mowbray has said: "We controlled it but didn't have any end product in the final third, the final 20 yards wasnt good."

I wonder why? There quite a lot of Mowbrays quotes from tonight on the LT but the main question, why leave your main source of goals on the benchmark, is not touched upon.

Worringly, he says on the official site "The drive of ..... Conway was unbelievable"

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Mowbray has said: "We controlled it but didn't have any end product in the final third, the final 20 yards wasnt good."

I wonder why? There quite a lot of Mowbrays quotes from tonight on the LT but the main question, why leave your main source of goals on the benchmark, is not touched upon.

Worringly, he says on the official site "The drive of ..... Conway was unbelievable"

Read Mowbray's comments on the official site.  To me they are mind numbingly trite - some will buy them but think many will scoff alarmingly.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mellelieu said:

What a load of over-the-top responses.  

to be expected for some members on here. would you ever expect anything else? 

Some pathetic OTT reactions again

1 hour ago, Tom said:

Of course it’s down to the manager; they were comfortably the worst team we’ve played this season, we played a weakened team and lost.

They missed the best two chances of the match, one from a corner once again showing frailties at things we should be working on.

I thought we had a lot of the ball but didn’t create much the first half chances were mainly half chances but we should still have done better with them than we did.

Tom, we have 4 clear cut chances before they scored their 1st goal. Bell and Conway chances were chances they score if they shoot across goal

we had 15 shots compare to their 12 shots. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

to be expected for some members on here. would you ever expect anything else? 

Some pathetic OTT reactions again

Tom, we have 4 clear cut chances before they scored their 1st goal. Bell and Conway chances were chances they score if they shoot across goal

His point was clearly that we had the 2 players most likely to put away chances on the bench, due to the manager.

Our 7m striker had one of our best chances and put it into orbit sadly.

People will continue to question the manager for as long as we continue to lose games and for as long as we continue to neglect any attempts to stop conceding so many goals.

People are "over reacting" because we lost to a shite team in really poor fashion. Natural reaction is to be pissed off when we throw points away all the time due to a weak underbelly that the manager seems fairly relaxed about. 

I'll ask you again as you must have missed the question when I previously asked you. Do you think if one or both of Graham and Dack had been selected that we would have been far more likely to take one of those chances?  

Just now, roversfan99 said:

His point was clearly that we had the 2 players most likely to put away chances on the bench, due to the manager.

Our 7m striker had one of our best chances and put it into orbit sadly.

People will continue to question the manager for as long as we continue to lose games and for as long as we continue to neglect any attempts to stop conceding so many goals.

People are "over reacting" because we lost to a shite team in really poor fashion. Natural reaction is to be pissed off when we throw points away all the time due to a weak underbelly that the manager seems fairly relaxed about. 

we don't know what Graham and Dack would have done. so lets stop rewriting history and about WHAT ACTUALLY happened on the pitch

we don't know what Graham and Dack would have done. so lets stop rewriting history and about WHAT ACTUALLY happened on the pitch

I'd say it's a fair bet that Danny Graham 10 league goals and Bradley Dack 11 League goals are more likely to take good chances than Brereton 0 league goals, Conway 0 league goals and Armstrong 4 league goals. The goal scoring stats don't lie and it was a massive mistake by Mowbray tonight to bench both of them.

we don't know what Graham and Dack would have done. so lets stop rewriting history and about WHAT ACTUALLY happened on the pitvh

WHAT HAPPENED was we created chances that the players Mowbray picked weren't good enough to score. Therefore we lost a third consecutive game, this time to a team in the relegation zone.

What we are asking is why dack and Graham were dropped because we all believe, including you I suspect, that they would have been more likely to put those chances away.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Hasta said:

WHAT HAPPENED was we created chances that the players Mowbray picked weren't good enough to score. Therefore we lost a third consecutive game, this time to a team in the relegation zone.

What we are asking is why dack and Graham were dropped because we all believe, including you I suspect, that they would have been more likely to put those chances away.

For what it’s worth, Mowbray said in his post match interview that Dack’s knock is still troubling him, he only trained one day this week and almost didn’t make the bench whilst Graham is feeling the games a bit and looking fatigued.

(or words to that effect)

Edited by S8 & Blue

Just now, S8 & Blue said:

For what it’s worth, Mowbray said in his post match interview that Dack’s knock is still troubling him, he only trained one day this week and almost didn’t make the bench whilst Graham is feeling the games a bit and looking fatigued.

Good job we spent £7m on a top class Championship striker then or we'd be struggling. ?

• Like 1

Just now, Hasta said:

I didn't expect Graham to play. He was shattered on Saturday after 75/80 mins so I never thought he would start. Dack I thought would start but Rich Sharpe was surprise he played on Saturday after the injury he picked up at Brentford. 

Armstrong, Brereton, Bell and Conway should have all scored. 

1 hour ago, Mellor Rover said:

De Gea hasn't really improved his weaknesses either. Was caught out by a high corner, almost identical to the Bristol City goal, last night.

In the same sentence? You rayas dad or something.? I just dont see a good goalie. Too small, flaps at crosses like tonight, decision making when distributing is woeful on the whole. He gets out muscled a lot and hesitates when deciding to come for crosses. Looks like the blind leading the blind there with the goalie coach who looks about 5 foot....was he a good goalie our coach...?

And he should have saved their 2nd goal 

Then one should have played Saturday and one tonight. We simply don't have enough ability in attack to be without both of them.

• Like 1

like I said @roversfan99 about Graham. 

3 minutes ago, S8 & Blue said:

So why not play rothwell from the start then, the only player capable of playing in a number 10 role, since he didn't think he could give Palmer enough game time? Instead of playing, well, who there? Nobody, we go with 3 defensive midfielders. Appalling selection.