BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Mowbray’s Future

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Again, IMO, no point prolonging the agony.  Giving him the summer or to Oct / Nov would be @#/? and, IMO, a waste of another season.

That's the worry. Unless we get the summer transfer window very very right next season will either be another wasted one with no forward progress or an all out relegation battle.

Again won't happen but hypothetically on the flip side, a change now would be the ideal scenario giving a new man the opportunity to assess the squad for the remainder of this season and take an axe to in the summer.

• Like 1

Hows about TM moving upstairs as Director of Football and appointing a good young manager, preferably a German. He can then look after the club as he has done admirably and give control of training etc. to a more competent person.

Just now, bazza said:

Hows about TM moving upstairs as Director of Football and appointing a good young manager, preferably a German. He can then look after the club as he has done admirably and give control of training etc. to a more competent person.

I'd give Johnno more imput into the first team. Can he honestly do any worse ?

• Backroom
Just now, bazza said:

He'd be a good club ambassador, just keep him away from coaching and transfers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

It's never Tony's fault. 

In his eyes.

+ He came in and wasn't C*yle.

- He failed to keep us up due in part to games against Barnsley, Bristol City, PNE, Wolves which were all games he dropped the ball but we gave him the benefit.

+ he was manager of the team that bounced straight back.

- the team played poorly for (in my money) 50% of the season and basically scraped 80% of the wins by a goal.

+ stabalised us for the first 30 games of this season.

- team has played poorly for (in my money) 80% of the season.

- will have us in a relegation battle next season.

Mowbray, Venus, Benson, Lowe, Williams + Smallw*nk out.

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 2

• Backroom

The biggest concern for me under Mowbray, awful defending aside, is that our style of play hasn't really evolved into anything in just over two years. I'd still struggle to explain to anybody how we play or what our philosophy as a team is. Play a diagonal ball to Danny Graham and hope for Dack to do something special isn't much of an explanation but it's the closest I can come up with. We technically stormed League 1 last season but it didn't feel that way. We so rarely dominate teams or have good, solid 90 minute matches. At best it's a decent half and a not so decent half. It doesn't seem to matter what team we play, top or bottom of the league, the match always seems to follow the same basic, uninspiring pattern. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, bazza said:

I think Mowbray is a dull and uninspirational football man who got lucky last season.

We need hungry and innovative football folk in key positions at Rovers. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

I think Mowbray is a dull and uninspirational football man who got lucky last season.

We need hungry and innovative football folk in key positions at Rovers. 

You should tell Balaji, I’m sure he’ll oblige.

Back to the game, I’m baffled as to how our allegedly three best forwards couldn’t land a punch in a shite team. On the plus side, I can’t see Rotherham picking up many points.

8 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I'd agree. What's he going to change when his recruitment is so poor? 

If the past is anything to go by. Williams for Bell and Evans for Travis is my guess. Possibly drop Graham and play Dack as an inverted No.9 seem to be his favourite options

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

If the past is anything to go by. Williams for Bell and Evans for Travis is my guess. Possibly drop Graham and play Dack as an inverted No.9 seem to be his favourite option

What I mean is how will he improve us if his recruitment is so shit? People keep saying 'give him the summer' but why? His record in the transfer market is poor. 

• Like 1

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

What I mean is how will he improve us if his recruitment is so shit? People keep saying 'give him the summer' but why? His record in the transfer market is poor. 

I know...it was a pi**ed off attempt at humour. 

People like Chaddy will say his recruitment record is good but take Dack out of it, its poor at best. The fact that his first choice XI is made up of players signed by previous managers says it all.

• Like 2