BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers v Charlton

I think people underestimate how important Danny Graham has been for us. Our poty last season. Shirt is his to lose. Make Gally fight for it. I'd be disappointed if he were on the bench all season but he needs to earn the shirt and the respect of his team mates. £££ signs dont do that. Same for adarabioyo. Shouldn't just walk in. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

I think people underestimate how important Danny Graham has been for us. Our poty last season. Shirt is his to lose. Make Gally fight for it. I'd be disappointed if he were on the bench all season but he needs to earn the shirt and the respect of his team mates. £££ signs dont do that. Same for adarabioyo. Shouldn't just walk in. 

I think Danny Graham played great for us last season, but for me, as a starter, he should be phased out.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, roversinmyblood said:

Ps I wouldn’t be surprised if Reid doesn’t rock up next Thursday when he doesn’t get in the Southampton team. 

No chance I'm afraid.

8 hours ago, Waggy76 said:

See who leaves (midfielders)  I heard a similar tale earlier today !

Imagine Smallwood & Evans out and Reed in on deadline day?!

Just too good to be true unfortunately. 

My team for Charlton would be;

Walton

RN          Lenihan      Tosin/Mulgrew        Downing

Johnson      Travis

Armstrong            Dack                  Rothwell

Graham

Happy to go with Tosin if hes well acquainted with the other defenders, but know its more likely that TM will go with Mulgrew. I certainly think the defense will benefit from having both Johnson and Travis shielding them with their mobility and energy. Too often last season it was like a knife through butter with Smallwood and Evans.

TM has said many times that when we play at home against a team who will defend deep and give us possession of the ball, he will play DG as the main striker. Makes sense, unlikely to get in behind (at least down the middle), much more potential down the sides with Armstrong or Rothwell and DG can hold the ball up and bring others into play. 

However I would potentially expect SG to start against Fulham as we need a striker who is much more mobile as well likely have much less of the ball and be looking to play on the counter. Where does that leave BB? Its a good question as I think this could be a real breakout year for him, but cant help feel hes more of a 2 up top type striker.

• Like 3

Just now, BRFC4EVA said:

My team for Charlton would be;

Walton

RN          Lenihan      Tosin/Mulgrew        Downing

Johnson      Travis

Armstrong            Dack                  Rothwell

Graham

Happy to go with Tosin if hes well acquainted with the other defenders, but know its more likely that TM will go with Mulgrew. I certainly think the defense will benefit from having both Johnson and Travis shielding them with their mobility and energy. Too often last season it was like a knife through butter with Smallwood and Evans.

TM has said many times that when we play at home against a team who will defend deep and give us possession of the ball, he will play DG as the main striker. Makes sense, unlikely to get in behind (at least down the middle), much more potential down the sides with Armstrong or Rothwell and DG can hold the ball up and bring others into play. 

However I would potentially expect SG to start against Fulham as we need a striker who is much more mobile as well likely have much less of the ball and be looking to play on the counter. Where does that leave BB? Its a good question as I think this could be a real breakout year for him, but cant help feel hes more of a 2 up top type striker.

Would be happy with that side on Saturday. Can always bring on BB or Gallagher after 70 mins when Danny's done in

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ben_the_beast said:

The 2 situations are totally different. As you say, Graham is our player of the season so deserves to start the season. Defensively, new signings should be able to and need to just walk in because our current defence has proven itself as unfit for purpose.

• Like 1

I'd love them to read out Tosin's full name on Saturday for a laugh. I remember the days when the announcer struggled with Yakubu, let alone...

"Abdul-Nasir Oluwatosin Oluwadoyinsolami Adarabioyo"

3 hours ago, JoeHarvey said:

I'd love them to read out Tosin's full name on Saturday for a laugh. I remember the days when the announcer struggled with Yakubu, let alone...

"Abdul-Nasir Oluwatosin Oluwadoyinsolami Adarabioyo"

Fantastic full name.

This could take a while so let's start with 'Adarabioyo'

is it pronounced Ada-rabi-oyo or Adar-abi-oyo or ???

35 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Fantastic full name.

This could take a while so let's start with 'Adarabioyo'

is it pronounced Ada-rabi-oyo or Adar-abi-oyo or ???

We ve two weeks to learn the correct pronunciation ...

(although good chance he ll be on the bench on  Saturday )

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Have you actually seen Grayson or are you just guessing.?  So far away from good enough....I'd go as far as saying he's non league 

You have a right beef with Grayson don't you?!

Seen you mention how terrible he is a few times.

I've never seen him play to be honest, what makes him a non league player?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Have you actually seen Grayson or are you just guessing.?  So far away from good enough....I'd go as far as saying he's non league 

How many times you watched Grayson?

Iv only seen him a couple of times but looked handy.Dont think he should be starting left back but wondering why you think he is non league?

Is it because you believe that he only in the game due to help from daddy or are you basing your opinion after watching him extensively?

• Like 2

“Have we got enough to take the sting out of them? Do we have more quality than them? Saturday will show whether we do or don’t."

I should hope we do fella, you've spent a fortune in comparison! 

• Like 4