BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

20 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

My point was over the last 3 seasons since we got promoted from League 1 that we haven't made good quality defensive signings. You mention us signing John Egan from Brentford(before his Sheffield United move) and I mention us signing Michael Hector at that time. Plus other names we mentioned since then like Pinnock, Lindsay, Jansson, Carter-Vickers, etc we should have tried to sign and get them in. 

We need a left back and we got Douglas who has been poor this season overall. I suggested Pickering last summer as the answer to the left back problem based on a scouting report from a Rovers chat member. 

right back- We have never had any competition for Nyambe in 3 seasons. So why hasn't Mowbray sign one?

Players have gone off form over that time like Elliott has, Brereton got injured, The use of false 9 position, Dack has been not the player he was pre injured but that was expected and it will be months before and next season for me. 

Look at how Villa played the 4-3-3 formation yesterday. So well organised, structured solid and their players knew their jobs and what was expect from them. Did you see the Leeds vs Villa game? I sometimes wonder what our players are told before the games. 

I don't think our players have the willing and want to get into the box when the ball is wide.

If you don't get bodies in the box, and plenty of them, you'll never score,

• Like 1

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

If you don't get bodies in the box, and plenty of them, you'll never score,

true, But its rare that any of our centre midfielders which there is generally 3 off get into the box enough. We played Travis, Evans and Rothwell yesterday. Travis and Rothwell should be getting into the box regularly and leave Evans sitting in front of the back 4

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

true, But its rare that any of our centre midfielders which there is generally 3 off get into the box enough. We played Travis, Evans and Rothwell yesterday. Travis and Rothwell should be getting into the box regularly and leave Evans sitting in front of the back 4

Yes, you're right regarding Travis and Rothwell. When did you last either of those run beyond the strikers ? I wouldn't want Evans up there, he couldn't hit the side of a bus with the ball.

39 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

That’s the level of his insight, so I reckon you can safely disregard.

634A4DA8-11F0-40D3-848C-782F4A469FD3.png

Is he a Rovers fan. If so the 87 means that he would have seen and appreciated both the Souness and Hughes years so would have some idea of what proper standards are at Rovers. 

As for his logic - my word. How do you get to be a journalist with that kind of thinking? 

12 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yes, you're right regarding Travis and Rothwell. When did you last either of those run beyond the strikers ? I wouldn't want Evans up there, he couldn't hit the side of a bus with the ball.

Rothwell goal at Boro when he got into the box and scores. 

But it isn't a regular event tho

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Once every half a dozen games is nowhere near enough. It needs to be 2 or 3 times a game from both players. How did Frank Lampard score so many goals ?

I agree. Travis should be getting 5 goals a season and Rothwell 10 goals plus a season if they are playing them roles in 3 man midfield. 

Lampard was different class. 

If you look at our Premier League winner season, Sherwood was our third top goalscorer with 6 goals and Atkins with Wilcox was joint fourth top goalscorer with with 5 goals. 

28 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Is he a Rovers fan. If so the 87 means that he would have seen and appreciated both the Souness and Hughes years so would have some idea of what proper standards are at Rovers. 

As for his logic - my word. How do you get to be a journalist with that kind of thinking? 

Yep I’m a Rovers fan. Get to be a journalist by studying three years for a degree and completing a postgraduate certificate. Funnily enough they don’t ask for your opinions on football in any of the exams.

Edited by dcbrfc

3 minutes ago, dcbrfc said:

Yep I’m a Rovers fan

Well there's few enough of us, so these days so that's a start! 

How on earth can you be happy with TM having witnessed Hughes and Souness doing well with us? Or even Big Sam? Having witnessed Williams running of the club, having seen jokers like Ince potted when they are out of their depth? Genuine question - where are the standards? 

Also by that logic of some seasons you do worse than others a manager would never be sacked. Don't you think that's a bit of an odd logic? 

Edited by Blue blood
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue blood said:

Well there's few enough of us, so these days so that's a start! 

How on earth can you be happy with TM having witnessed Hughes and Souness doing well with us? Or even Big Sam? Having witnessed Williams running of the club, having seen jokers like Ince potted when they are out of their depth? Genuine question - where are the standards? 

Because times have changed. Souness days were some of the best I’ve experienced (missed a lot of the Hughes time as was away at uni). But we were a Premier League club back then in a different era. The game is different now. Look at the clubs in this league who have bigger budgets and far better squads. And I’m not saying we should never be back there I just don’t think it’s a realistic expectation right now. We were a Second Division club for what 15 years before we went up in 92? And yes I’m sticking with Mowbray because after all he’s done for the club - he’s the best thing to happen to Blackburn Rovers since Venky’s walked through the doors 10 years ago - I just feel he deserves a bit longer. If we get sucked into a proper relegation battle then yea sack him but as things stand we should give him more time, support the team and hope results can change.

7 minutes ago, dcbrfc said:

Yep I’m a Rovers fan. Get to be a journalist by studying three years for a degree and completing a postgraduate certificate. Funnily enough they don’t ask for your opinions on football in any of the exams.

You mentioned ups and downs of football. Our ups at the moment are governed by the depth of our downs. Do you class not losing 6 in a row as an up ?

1 minute ago, dcbrfc said:

Because times have changed. Souness days were some of the best I’ve experienced (missed a lot of the Hughes time as was away at uni). But we were a Premier League club back then in a different era. The game is different now. Look at the clubs in this league who have bigger budgets and far better squads. And I’m not saying we should never be back there I just don’t think it’s a realistic expectation right now. We were a Second Division club for what 15 years before we went up in 92? And yes I’m sticking with Mowbray because after all he’s done for the club - he’s the best thing to happen to Blackburn Rovers since Venky’s walked through the doors 10 years ago - I just feel he deserves a bit longer. If we get sucked into a proper relegation battle then yea sack him but as things stand we should give him more time, support the team and hope results can change.

Personally I would get someone in who would MAKE results change. Also your quote about being a second division side. What you missed was that :We where a competitive second division side. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dcbrfc said:

Nonsense.  Hes had 4 years. 

2 minutes ago, rigger said:

Personally I would get someone in who would MAKE results change. Also your quote about being a second division side. What you missed was that :We where a competitive second division side. 

Not every year. We nearly went down in 91. Plenty of struggles during the 80s.

9 minutes ago, dcbrfc said:

I dare say we are on the cusp of a relegation battle as it is. And if we get fully entrenched into one then I really do fear for us as after watching that 2nd half yesterday, I don't think we'd have the fight in us to survive.

• Like 1