BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Tony Mowbray Discussion

3 hours ago, desrover said:

Surely this would set alarm bells ringing if this was emailed to Rovers?

Who’d it be emailed to? There’s no-one left. Gone are the days when John Williams would read it and invite you in for a chat.  

No doubt this would now fall under the remit of the part time staff in the club shop when they aren’t trying to sell the remaining XXXL training gear which is the only stock that they have had since October.

• Like 4

Let us not forget that this club (amongst others) has made Tony Mowbray a rich man.

His treatment of the players, arrogance towards the fans and complete duplicity towards the loons in Pune are amplified by his continuing presence here, which is becoming intolerable for many of us.

He knows it is time for him to go...

The media know it is time for him to go...

We keep shouting that it is time for him to go

His cronies are shitting themselves as they know they have nowhere else to go...

But Tony Mowbray just sits there gurning, spouting utter drivel, displaying the football nous of a spoon, and refusing to go 'until told'

Now, if that isn't an intentional parody of Marie Antoinette ("Let them eat drizzle cake"(sic)) then I don't know what is - a rich person completely ignoring the suffering of the ordinary people in their droves... c'mon Tony Mariebray, don't you know

THERE'S A REVOLUTION COMING??!giphy.gif

Figure 1: Tony and his Facebook Fan Club...

Edited by WIR Second Coming
Let them eat cake?? I'll ram that down your stupid arrogant gurning neck, if you don't go soon...
  • Like 3

I remember as a kid during winter, if the weather forecast said there was a chance of snow I'd wake up every morning for a week or two and excitedly rush to open the curtains to check it had snowed overnight. I'm currently going through the same process checking the news to see if tony has gone yet. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, 47er said:

We are a top 6 squad and we go into the final stretch of the season worrying about relegation. That says it all about the manager.

The games come and go, some of them easy on paper, but the wins don't come.

TM said we were a top 6 squad and that was the aim this season.

He has failed, the team is going backwards, we are in a real mess.

No other club would put up with this rubbish. After the Barnsley debacle, he commented that they are a "well-organised team". By implication, he's admitted we are not.

3 teenagers from other clubs in our team while our's are loaned out.

McGloire getting rave reviews at Motherwell by the way and Carter similar at Burton ,(admittedly different level).

Why not with us? It always seems that when one of our lads is picked and plays well, it comes as a complete shock to TM. 

There is no actual plan to gradually bring them into the fold. Same thing happened with Wharton--came in when there was

no-one else and kept his place. Really unfortunate that he got injured.

Which takes me to my final point---- injuries. some are keen to point out we have 10 or 12 players out. What they don't

point out is that they are notoriously injury -prone to start with and that's why they were cheap or free in the first place--

Bradley Johnson----how many games has he played? Ayala---everyone knew we'd be lucky to get 10 games a season from him.

Given that Lenihan has an injury record as well, we were obviously going to struggle defensively this season.

But, TM didn't see it coming apparently and he's now moaning that he has "no defence".

Sorry to have a rant but sometimes its that or give up!

Spot on. 

12 hours ago, rovers11 said:

Nicko saying there's a bit about us in the paper tomorrow and replied to a question about TM with "needs results..and soon". He's changed his stance from a week ago when he said TM was well protected. I suspect he's heard something to change his mind. 

Could the owners finally have lost patience? 

They was an article last night on The Sun website on Armstrong's asking price and that is 25 million pounds we asking for. 

Blackburn slap whopping £25m price tag on West Ham target Adam Armstrong despite striker being free agent in 2022 (thesun.co.uk)

They could be news on Mowbray's future just not online article

12 hours ago, PeteJD13 said:

Myers is suggesting TM is safe 

Would Myers have any inside knowledge on Mowbray's future. 

24 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Bad news folks, Birdie's given Mowbray the vote of confidence on Facebook now.

why does his vote of confidence on facebook now?

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

They was an article last night on The Sun website on Armstrong's asking price and that is 25 million pounds we asking for. 

Blackburn slap whopping £25m price tag on West Ham target Adam Armstrong despite striker being free agent in 2022 (thesun.co.uk)

They could be news on Mowbray's future just not online article

Would Myers have any inside knowledge on Mowbray's future. 

why does his vote of confidence on facebook now?

Pardon? It was sarcasm just to be clear 😕

1 minute ago, booth said:

1 point in 18 and still people defending him like he’s their Dad.

It'd unbelievable. I'm starting to question if some of these people on Facebook are genuine people or just fake accounts sent by Mowbray to defend his honour. Or, we have some utterly brainwashed fans.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ossydave said:

It'd unbelievable. I'm starting to question if some of these people on Facebook are genuine people or just fake accounts sent by Mowbray to defend his honour. Or, we have some utterly brainwashed fans.

Some are definitely employed by the club as they’ve got it written in their profiles so you wonder if all the rest are. There’s also a lot of Mowbray apologists from down south and abroad I’ve noticed. And you get the odd one who would cheer for any old goat if it was wearing blue and white - pure blind tribalism.

• Like 2

The relegation to L1 has seemingly permanently altered some people’s perceptions of Blackburn Rovers.

If TM has kept us up in 2017 and then had us bumbling around in second tier mid table since, he’d have lost far more fans far sooner. Look at how quickly Lambert and Coyle lost the fans.

That brief time in L1 (with the biggest budget) seems to have instilled the belief that we are a mere tiddler in the Championship, we ‘have no money’ and TM is the only man that can prevent us from being the next Bolton.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

You mention the defence but I actually think it is a bit of a misconception that our problems are concentrated at the back

My point was over the last 3 seasons since we got promoted from League 1 that we haven't made good quality defensive signings. You mention us signing John Egan from Brentford(before his Sheffield United move) and I mention us signing Michael Hector at that time. Plus other names we mentioned since then like Pinnock, Lindsay, Jansson, Carter-Vickers, etc we should have tried to sign and get them in. 

We need a left back and we got Douglas who has been poor this season overall. I suggested Pickering last summer as the answer to the left back problem based on a scouting report from a Rovers chat member. 

right back- We have never had any competition for Nyambe in 3 seasons. So why hasn't Mowbray sign one?

We have only scored more than 1 league goal in 3 of the last 16 games, for a manager who claims to want to play expansive football,

Players have gone off form over that time like Elliott has, Brereton got injured, The use of false 9 position, Dack has been not the player he was pre injured but that was expected and it will be months before and next season for me. 

Mowbray repeatedly changes formation and plays attacking players out of position which are not characteristics that will lead to goals.

Look at how Villa played the 4-3-3 formation yesterday. So well organised, structured solid and their players knew their jobs and what was expect from them. Did you see the Leeds vs Villa game? I sometimes wonder what our players are told before the games. 

Players dont get into the box either, I am unsure whether the blame around that lies in the tactics or indeed with the players that Mowbray has assembled. Armstrong has run into the channels and put in a few dangerous crosses lately including one today in the first half and there is never a sign of anyone anticipating these chances.

I don't think our players have the willing and want to get into the box when the ball is wide.

8 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Dan Clough the former LET journo is the latest. Says he deserves next season regardless of what happens in this one.

Another one who won't have paid for a ticket in years along with Dunn, Myers etc. Earning a living out of the game distorts perceptions.

• Like 3

It's what happens in the stadium that matters and we all remember the reaction to that first home game in lge 1.

That was the best thing that happened that season otherwise i'm sure he's have persisted with that stupid formation. Again just set up to shoehorn people in, then we'd have fallen behind from the start. Promotion might not have been as straight forwards then.

The rocket the fans gave the players acted as a reality check but like a few have said that's been missing too long now.  There'll be pressure on him when there's fans back in there make no mistake.  Superfans turn quick as well once they've reached a certain point.

Twitter/Facebook etc is great for spreading whatever propaganda might suit the narrative but it an't the real world.  That's still a harsh one where a spade is a spade and crap is crap.

• Like 1

So Nixon 'might' have an update on Mowbray but it will only be in the paper and not online.

Guess we're all going to have to go out and buy the paper then?

He must think we were born yesterday.

Another Armstrong 'update'. Who's pushing this and why?

• Like 1